ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Maryland Game Thread*****

Wow. I'm out. Have a good evening.
so our work here is done? Hug your bible tonight... preacher

Happy Sunday Church GIF

Reactions: mstrub
Embarrassing loss by a soft poorly coached team. If Fran doesn't hit the portal for guards he's derelict of duties. Harding is too small and over matched. Bowen should be encouraged to find another place to go.
B.S. Lot's of P5, P6 teams have 6 foot players that contribute and play point guard. They do alright. Harding does need to get stronger for sure, but he is the only player on Iowa's roster that is a true point guard and is also the quickest player on Iowa's roster by far.
Fran made the mistake of loading up Iowa's roster with 6 or more players that are basically combo guards that don't have the instinct to run a team. Tony is the veteran, he also plays the most minutes and is given the keys to run the team therefore he has the most assists, but he is not a point guard by nature and it shows in Iowa's loses. End of story.
Iowa made enough turnovers in the first have to keep the score close and then Fran decides to bring Brock into the game with 0:06 seconds left in the first half. Eff his GUT feelings.
If Fran mismanaged any other business other then coaching Iowa, he would have been fired many moons ago. 14 years of GUT coaching is wearing thin and 5 of the next 6 games are not looking favorable for Iowa right now.
1 rebound by Ben Krikke 34 minutes and 1 by Patrick 18 minutes, unacceptable.
We all have heard that Fran doesn't like the portal and his use of it shows. Krikke may be the worst rebounder as a front line starter in the Big Ten and that's not a good thing, evidentially Fran didn't get the memo that he can't rebound or play defense and he hasn't tried to dispel those rumors. Oh, well, 7 more games to go until the end of the season.
I'll watch them for the freshmen and nothing more. Go Owen, Go Brock.

Reactions: NI hawk
There is certainly an art to playing physical and not getting called for a lot of fouls. Most teams can do it
I think they key is to do it from the start to show the refs this is how you are playing. they are not going to call 50 fouls for the game when you start doing it late, or you have one guy playing that way (Freeman) they are going even it out and call everything on you. Iowa is too foul scared and that is because of Fran. He puckers up when a guy gets 2 fouls.

Reactions: WSC72
B.S. Lot's of P5, P6 teams have 6 foot players that contribute and play point guard. They do alright. Harding does need to get stronger for sure, but he is the only player on Iowa's roster that is a true point guard and is also the quickest player on Iowa's roster by far.
Fran made the mistake of loading up Iowa's roster with 6 or more players that are basically combo guards that don't have the instinct to run a team. Tony is the veteran, he also plays the most minutes and is given the keys to run the team therefore he has the most assists, but he is not a point guard by nature and it shows in Iowa's loses. End of story.
Iowa made enough turnovers in the first have to keep the score close and then Fran decides to bring Brock into the game with 0:06 seconds left in the first half. Eff his GUT feelings.
If Fran mismanaged any other business other then coaching Iowa, he would have been fired many moons ago. 14 years of GUT coaching is wearing thin and 5 of the next 6 games are not looking favorable for Iowa right now.
1 rebound by Ben Krikke 34 minutes and 1 by Patrick 18 minutes, unacceptable.
We all have heard that Fran doesn't like the portal and his use of it shows. Krikke may be the worst rebounder as a front line starter in the Big Ten and that's not a good thing, evidentially Fran didn't get the memo that he can't rebound or play defense and he hasn't tried to dispel those rumors. Oh, well, 7 more games to go until the end of the season.
I'll watch them for the freshmen and nothing more. Go Owen, Go Brock.
BS yourself. I coached the sport for years. Harding cannot guard the big quick guards in the B1G and has no outside shot. I hope he evolves into a great B1G player, but at this point he is not a great win in recruiting. Did you watch the freshman guard from Maryland at all?

Reactions: LukaDuka
BS yourself. I coached the sport for years. Harding cannot guard the big quick guards in the B1G and has no outside shot. I hope he evolves into a great B1G player, but at this point he is not a great win in recruiting. Did you watch the freshman guard from Maryland at all?
Yeah I did, but Fran doesn't recruit that type of player, instead he recruits players like Ulis, or Bowen that are not in the same area code as Harris-Smith. Instead Fran is to preoccupied in locking down the state of Iowa or picking guards out of the portal like Bakari Evelyn. Prove me wrong!

Embarrassing loss by a soft poorly coached team. If Fran doesn't hit the portal for guards he's derelict of duties. Harding is too small and over matched. Bowen should be encouraged to find another place to go.
McCaffery is just Ferentz with a round ball IMO. Bad game day coaching and 1/2 of the game ignored no matter how bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT