ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting conversation about Fran.......

Hawkman34

HR All-American
Mar 17, 2002
I know a young man who is very young here in Iowa, but is also starting to become a very highly looked at recruit. He and his family are HUGE Hawk fans. Well, he has already had unofficial visits to Iowa (Of course), ISU, UNI, Wiscy, Nebby and Illinois. Well, they had a conversation with a recently graduated Iowa player who told them that he would NOT send his son to Iowa if Fran were the coach because, as he put it......Fran is a pshyco....and he made sure that they understood that he was speaking literally, not figuratively. I didn't know what to say because, although I know Fran is intense...I would not think of him as having a psychosis.....just thought this was interesting.

GO HAWKS!!

Pathetic post - have you been saving this for a few weeks? Please share the name of the player as he is a former player - have a feeling you won't.

so u post this after we lose...what piece of crap..

you bet.,...some little boys are not strong enough to play for McCaffery....he needs to look somewhere else...if he even exist.

After watching Aaron White hang on for a very long hug with Fran on Senior Day, I have a hard time believing that. I know I wouldn't hang on to a hug that long with a "literal" psycho.

Try sitting behind Mr. & Mrs. when they are attending one of their 2 son's basketball or baseball games. He is loud and she is psycho.

Originally posted by Hawkman34:
I know a young man who is very young here in Iowa, but is also starting to become a very highly looked at recruit. He and his family are HUGE Hawk fans. Well, he has already had unofficial visits to Iowa (Of course), ISU, UNI, Wiscy, Nebby and Illinois. Well, they had a conversation with a recently graduated Iowa player who told them that he would NOT send his son to Iowa if Fran were the coach because, as he put it......Fran is a pshyco....and he made sure that they understood that he was speaking literally, not figuratively. I didn't know what to say because, although I know Fran is intense...I would not think of him as having a psychosis.....just thought this was interesting.

GO HAWKS!!
So this player didn't get his trophy too? This generation is also filled with pansies.

skeptical-llama-meme.jpg

Originally posted by hawk44ever:

Try sitting behind Mr. & Mrs. when they are attending one of their 2 son's basketball or baseball games. He is loud and she is psycho.
Not siding with the OP here, but yep, they are those parents.

he said recently graduated ...that leaves Dickerson out Ingram out...this thread is nothing but BS...and posted after a loss....POSTED AFTER A LOSS

Guys..Guys..Guys...relax. I LOVE Fran, and will support him until he is no longer the Iowa coach..for sure. This was actually said to me by this young man's parents a few weeks back, not the young man himself....and they had just said that it caught them off guard. Today after we lost, I saw some of the post complaining about Frans lack of emotional control...and it just sparked my memory of that conversation. They did not tell me the ex-players name..although I must admit I really didn't care to know. But, I just thought it was interesting that a former play "Might" have said that.

Carry on...and GO HAWKS!

GO HAWKS!!
Cool story Bro!

Guys..Guys..Guys...relax. I LOVE Fran, and will support him until he is no longer the Iowa coach..for sure. This was actually said to me by this young man's parents a few weeks back, not the young man himself....and they had just said that it caught them off guard. Today after we lost, I saw some of the post complaining about Frans lack of emotional control...and it just sparked my memory of that conversation. They did not tell me the ex-players name..although I must admit I really didn't care to know. But, I just thought it was interesting that a former play "Might" have said that.

Carry on...and GO HAWKS!
Meh, it kind of depends on your experience with the coach. You could say the same thing about Bob Knight (or just about anyone really). There were probably (okay so probably is too kind) former players who would've never let their kids play for Knight and there were others who would've been honored if their kids got the chance to play for their former coach.

You lost me when you listed Wisconsin as teams he is considering for non psycho coaches.

You have now been caught in a lie.

Next

I say BS also.
This isn't his first gig. Has there ever been a similar accusation at another institution? Would a due diligence background check not have uncovered a problem such as this. Why do people find it necessary to spew this kind of crap damaging someone's character? And more interesting, why would anyone buy it?

Originally posted by hawk44ever:

This is true

Seems likely to me that any D1 coach is borderline "psycho." Full on psycho is working players out until they get rhabdo, covering up a sexual scandal, or making them run behind the bus after a loss. Fran seems to communicate by yelling and screaming. Just his style.

Fellas.....I really had no idea that my post would cause such an uproar with some of you. I have been a poster here for many, many years, and do not wish to cause an ill will with any other poster. I am not aware of any issues prior to today, of course I rarely get the chance to chime in. I simply thought that this was interesting because I read a few post about how they wished Fran could control his emotions/temper. I do not know the name of the ex-player that they were referring to, as I stated before. It is absolutely possible that maybe Fran isn't showing this young man the love they want, and they (parents) are bitter, or maybe if it is an accurate conversation, that the player himself is bitter about something with Fran? These are good people though, so I would almost go with the latter of the two scenarios. In no way, shape or form do I feel Fran is a Psyco. I am proud to have him as our coach. I do agree with Iowabucfan though that probably every D1 is probably borderline "pshyco". As much as I would love to be a successful D-1 coach, I think it simply takes a special personality to do it.

Peace and go Hawks....

Just PROVES what a bunch of bullsh*t these boards are. I know somebody who knows someone who said...
I'd hate to work in an office with you and no, it's not a bit interesting.

Originally posted by hawkfan_03:
After watching Aaron White hang on for a very long hug with Fran on Senior Day, I have a hard time believing that. I know I wouldn't hang on to a hug that long with a "literal" psycho.
While I don't buy the original post, I'm not so sure White's hug disproves his story. Some players probably thought Knight was a psycho and still hugged him on senior day. Many years ago, my brother played at Iowa (another sport) and he thought his coach was a major psycho, yet he really liked the coach away from the field, just couldn't stand him on the field.

GO HAWKS!!
I AM a psycho and if i find out where you live i am going to kill you!
laugh.r191677.gif

You are right! Looks and words on post game interviews can be deceiving. Go to one of his kids games, I suggest.

GO HAWKS!!
I have seen that kid play. He jumps like a toad and shoots like a girl.
laugh.r191677.gif

For one, the parents didn't say when Fran was psycho--in practice, in games with the players or the officials or the other coaches. Or when talking to the parents? Hehe. Fran the other night on his talk show said coaches can't berate kids like old time coaches used to. And I believe he meant he can't do that. And they didn't say what they mean by psycho.

He is emotional, we know how he about lost it when telling the team about Patrick and how Devyn hugged him and said we gotcha coach. Now, yes, that was his child, but some men would be able to tell with out breaking down like that.

I just think there's not enough info given and frankly I'd rather not hear more. Another thing, they said Fran is a pshyco, and we know the Fran isn't pshy.

^^^
Well done!

On a side note - I guess the kid won't be going to Illinois either - JG makes Fran look like a high Ferentz.

Maybe off topic, but Mike Krzyzewski has ALWAYS disturbed me. It's that subdued, understated sociopath that you have to be wary of.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT