ADVERTISEMENT

******Iowa @ Illinois Game Thread******

lol here come all the haters that have been lurking during the winning streak!😆 Look I’ve been critical of them at times but we had a chance to win late at a really tough place to play, only losing cause the officials sucked a$$ and we missed our FT’s. All you haters can fvck off tonight. We’ll be fine…

Refs sucked but we were horrible at FT
Can't disagree on the FTs.

But reffing changed the face of the game early in the 2nd half.

Wasn't early, but Cockburn jumps and lands on Keegan biting on a pumpfake, but no foul. That's just absolutely horrible BS. Even if Keegan wasn't shooting, that's still a foul 11 times out of 10.

Well, I won't blame the refs because you can't go 11 for 24 from the free throw line (or whatever it was) and expect to win. That said, the refs reluctance to call any defensive fouls on Illinois for about 15 minutes in the 2nd half was criminal and is example A of why Big 10 teams do terrible in the NCAA tournament. Cockburn has 2 fouls in 5 minutes, is benched for the rest of the first half, and then fouls out with 8 minutes left in the game if that were an NCAA tournament game.

Iowa got an open look? What’s your issue? Connor played solid D. Dunno, to me it’s pretty obvious why iowa lost…even if that means blaming players who normally perform better in the clutch.
Solid D? How many steals or blocked shots did he have vs how many points his man scored.? Solid D has to mean something. He is too slow to play solid D.

I just want to say I F’in hate the Illini.
animal-house-dean-wormer.gif

Tough place to play, especially when the refs are your opponent, too. Iowa looked great. They lose that game by 20 in January; today they were inches away from coming away with a win.

Looking forward to BTT.

Gotta feel for Kris. Can't believe anybody is beating themselves up more than him right now.

1-7 on FTs, 3 straight misses on a 3PA whistle. That's gonna be mostly all he thinks about from now until tip time on Thursday.

And then Keegan missing 2 of his 3 FTAs after getting fouled shooting a 3, too.

:(

Reactions: biggreydogs
Iowa played really well considering the 8 vs 5 most of the night and Dickheat getting away with murder all night, no travel calls, no 3 second calls, and fouls galore not called.

Regroup and get ready for the tourney’s.

Gotta feel for Kris. Can't believe anybody is beating themselves up more than him right now.

1-7 on FTs, 3 straight misses on a 3PA whistle. That's gonna be mostly all he thinks about from now until tip time on Thursday.

And then Keegan missing 2 of his 3 FTAs after getting fouled shooting a 3, too.

:(

That's what coaches, teammates, and family are for. Encourage them. Practice up. Rest up. Prepare to kick some a$$ in the tournaments.

Hanging your head does no good.

Reactions: HawkBall23
Well, I won't blame the refs because you can't go 11 for 24 from the free throw line (or whatever it was) and expect to win. That said, the refs reluctance to call any defensive fouls on Illinois for about 15 minutes in the 2nd half was criminal and is example A of why Big 10 teams do terrible in the NCAA tournament. Cockburn has 2 fouls in 5 minutes, is benched for the rest of the first half, and then fouls out with 8 minutes left in the game if that were an NCAA tournament game.
You won't blame the refs because of free throws? What do free throws have to do with the refs setting the tone on the second half?

lol here come all the haters that have been lurking during the winning streak!😆 Look I’ve been critical of them at times but we had a chance to win late at a really tough place to play, only losing cause the officials sucked a$$ and we missed our FT’s. All you haters can fvck off tonight. We’ll be fine…
Agree. I'm shocked at the amount of negativity ITT.

It was senior night for Illinois.

We had the shittiest refs in the conference.

We shot horribly from the free throw line.

We'll be fine.

Agree. I'm shocked at the amount of negativity ITT.

It was senior night for Illinois.

We had the shittiest refs in the conference.

We shot horribly from the free throw line.

We'll be fine.
I'm never shocked...as much as I hate to say it, the Hawkeyes have some really pathetic internet fans.

Reactions: birthhawk
Last year’s iowa team loses this game by 15. The players showed a lot of fight tonight. They won’t see an environment like this the rest of the year. Time to relax and play some ball.

You won't blame the refs because of free throws? What do free throws have to do with the refs setting the tone on the second half?
Because assuming my stats are accurate, they left 13 points on the floor. Now, asking a team to go 100% from the line is too much, but even if they shoot their average not only do they win the game, they win by more than one possession. The refs sucked, but enough fouls were called for Iowa to win the game easily from the free throw line. They just needed to make them. Every year they have a game like this. Unfortunately they waited for this one for it to happen. I guess that's better than one of the tournaments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT