ADVERTISEMENT

****Iowa @ Ohio St Game Thread****

I LOVE THIS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But this SO Iowa. lol

Lose the more winnable game - on paper - a couple nights ago, and then go on the road and beat a rated team who hadn't lost on their home court all year [until now].

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Iowa doesn’t match up well against Michigan. I might start a thread on this in a bit to break it down further, but most of our losses have come against teams with very skilled and very big bigs

We match up unbelievably well against any team that doesn’t have a Hunter Dickinson, Kofi Cockburn, Edey (Wisconsin has a pair of seven footers) type of player. One loss on the road against Rutgers and one loss on the road against PSU and that right there accounts for our 7 Big Ten losses

Huge win! Gotta think they get to at least 10 wins in the conference now. I like their chances against Spart too. Props to Fran for sticking with what was working in the first half playing Toussaint with Ulis and giving both Murray's heavy minutes in the 2nd.

moving-on.gif

Iowa doesn’t match up well against Michigan. I might start a thread on this in a bit to break it down further, but most of our losses have come against teams with very skilled and very big bigs

We match up unbelievably well against any team that doesn’t have a Hunter Dickinson, Kofi Cockburn, Edey (Wisconsin has a pair of seven footers) type of player. One loss on the road against Rutgers and one loss on the road against PSU and that right there accounts for our 7 Big Ten losses

TRue...but Fran compounds it by going with Rebracca at center vs true bigs and not Kris Murray...Kris better defensively and can draw out opposing center to 3pt line.

Fran also needs to go bigger with Mulvey/Josh vs Cockburn, Eddy, Dickinson,.

freakiing huuge! I really never dreamed we'd win this one. Outstanding effort by everyone. Especially defense! Amazing.

Reactions: HawkBall23
TRue...but Fran compounds it by going with Rebracca at center vs true bigs and not Kris Murray...Kris better defensively and can draw out opposing center to 3pt line.

I’ve been calling for more Mulvey against these players since early Big Ten play. Now’s the time to let him contest some shots, pick up some fouls, and cut his teeth

Ogundele is still a liability due to 1) his conditioning and 2) the fact that he is a non-factor on offense. Even when he has position, nobody even looks his direction in the post

I was with you until right about here

Wow

didn’t see this cuming boyz

Especially less than 48 hours after the previous game. One time when playing 10 guys helps with fresh legs.

I LOVE THIS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But this SO Iowa. lol

Lose the more winnable game - on paper - a couple nights ago, and then go on the road and beat a rated team who hadn't lost on their home court all year [until now].

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michigan is just a weird team this year. Still upset that we lost that game, but they have more talent than their record would indicate. Just one of those years when the s is NOT greater than the total of its parts.

Totally agree. Kris needs to start and I also agree josh needs to play a few more minutes against this bigger guys. He doesn’t need to do much more then what he did against Michigan while he is in the game. He served as a big body that could battle for a bit. He didn’t provide any stats but he also shut down the Michigan guys down low. If anything it should at least wear the big guys down a bit more. He should be getting 5-10 minutes each half against the teams with a true center

I’ve been calling for more Mulvey against these players since early Big Ten play. Now’s the time to let him contest some shots, pick up some fouls, and cut his teeth

Ogundele is still a liability due to 1) his conditioning and 2) the fact that he is a non-factor on offense. Even when he has position, nobody even looks his direction in the post

Quite honestly, I wish he’d redshirted this year, same for Ogundele last year to develop them more for as little as he’s played during conference play.

If someone had told me that Iowa would win today by double-digits after the loss on Thursday night, I never would have believed it. Not even a little bit.

Man, I don't have the numbers in front of me, but it seems like the Hawks have performed VERY WELL @ OSU since Fran took over. Maybe its just my hyperactive imagination after a big win, but it seems like we've won quite a few there over the opportunities given in the last 12 years.

Well since no one else is; Man… what a DUMBASS!!!!

We just lost to Michigan at home and avoided it being a land slide in the last 3 minutes luckily. Played unenthusiastically, per usual with no intensity until it manifested and we almost won a game we didn’t deserve.

don’t see us winning on the road, we have no Q1 road wins this year and we are extremely average and in the tourney right now because NET ranking is broke, with one of the weakest OOC schedules in the country (thanks Fran). I see us losing by 10+

P.S. posting this now to hopefully come back after the game to see “this didn’t age will” and responses ripping me apart for being a pessimist and moron, after we win by 20. Tempering my expectations on a Fan board 😂

edit: sorry for the shit grammar on my phone, this is almost unreadable (not that any of you give a shit).

If someone had told me that Iowa would win today by double-digits after the loss on Thursday night, I never would have believed it. Not even a little bit.

Man, I don't have the numbers in front of me, but it seems like the Hawks have performed VERY WELL @ OSU since Fran took over. Maybe its just my hyperactive imagination after a big win, but it seems like we've won quite a few there over the opportunities given in the last 12 years.

For some reason I seem to remember them saying a few years back that Iowa has the best record of any b10 team at Value City Arena.

Reactions: HawkBall23
As of right now, this stands as Iowa's "signature win" on the year. And finally an unquestioned Quad1 win (& on the road!) as well.

But I would die a happy man if Iowa could find a way to pick up another "signature win" - as well as as Quad1 road victory - @ Illinois to end the regular season. That's now the dream.

Dangit! JBo getting great looks, but cold
I’m okay keeping same starting lineup next game but Fran should have altered it for start of second half. Starters let Ohio State get up 10 by playing bad defense. What are we seeing to start second half. Same poor defense. My gosh play a unit that gets after it on defense. We’ll be down again by 10
Obviously Keegan carried the first half but that was a team effort in the 2nd.

Shout out to Joe T, Ahron and Connor for some massive help today!
Those three didn’t score a lot but kept offense moving and thier defense is why we won this game. Joe T brings energy that is infectious

Reactions: DirtyJohns97
As of right now, this stands as Iowa's "signature win" on the year. And finally an unquestioned Quad1 win (& on the road!) as well.

But I would die a happy man if Iowa could find a way to pick up another "signature win" - as well as as Quad1 road victory - @ Illinois to end the regular season. That's now the dream.
And make Izzo cry in carver

I know they won handley there last year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT