ADVERTISEMENT

****Iowa @ Ohio St Game Thread****

Yes....and we will see Kris on bench next game and not come in until the 2nd TV timeout.
Unfortunately probably right.

But I will say Kris fouled out against um. In 15 minutes and a couple of his fouls were very avoidable.

If he would have not made a couple bad fouls that game may have went differently.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
I’ve been calling for more Mulvey against these players since early Big Ten play. Now’s the time to let him contest some shots, pick up some fouls, and cut his teeth

Ogundele is still a liability due to 1) his conditioning and 2) the fact that he is a non-factor on offense. Even when he has position, nobody even looks his direction in the post

Has JoshO has never played more than maybe 6 minutes in a B1G game? Maybe at Purdue, but that is it. I'm assuming he would play smarter if he actually played and had some court time. I don't think JoshO lack of offense is issue....CMAC and Rebracca don't score much either. JoshO just needs to not foul up the movement.

I think Mulvey might have been the better option but Fran refused to play either many minutes. Rebracca is just getting eaten alive vs a lot of teams and Refs also not giving him whistle when he does play good defense.

Has JoshO has never played more than maybe 6 minutes in a B1G game? Maybe at Purdue, but that is it. I'm assuming he would play smarter if he actually played and had some court time. I don't think JoshO lack of offense is issue....CMAC and Rebracca don't score much either. JoshO just needs to not foul up the movement.

I think Mulvey might have been the better option but Fran refused to play either many minutes. Rebracca is just getting eaten alive vs a lot of teams and Refs also not giving him whistle when he does play good defense.
He doesn’t play more than six minutes because he’s usually gassed after those six minutes. I agree that if he’s playing, maybe space out his minutes a bit more between the first and second half

IIRC (maybe wrong), wasn’t Iowa the first team to win there besides OSU?

I remember an Alford team beating Scoonie Penn’s 6th ranked Buckeyes there.

Looks like the second team. ND beat them first game of their season.

Value City opened in 1998 and they didn’t lose at home that season.

Unfortunately probably right.

But I will say Kris fouled out against um. In 15 minutes and a couple of his fouls were very avoidable.

If he would have not made a couple bad fouls that game may have went differently.

Yeah, Kris had dumb fouls trying to do too much vs Michigan and took himself out of that game. If he hadn't spent first year glued to bench and 2nd year as 2nd string bench, he would

1) Be more experienced and not make stupid fouls
2) He wouldn't take chances on defense trying to make an impact before the quick hook by Fran
3) Have move of a reputation.

I think it helps Kris when both Keegan and kris are playing together....refs can't tell them apart very easily without checking the number 1st, so they can't pick on Kris with the cheap fouls. The degree to which refs assign fouls to no names and bench players is ridiculous. Keegan got a lot of bad calls last year because he was a freshman and a bench player. This year he's a star and it is mostly different whistle.

Reactions: RocknRollface
And you keep making stupid comments on this board when it doesn't really matter!!!
You little jbo lovers are comical. I wondered how he could ever profit off any NIL deals this year but it’s pretty clear he has a cult following.

TRue...but Fran compounds it by going with Rebracca at center vs true bigs and not Kris Murray...Kris better defensively and can draw out opposing center to 3pt line.

Fran also needs to go bigger with Mulvey/Josh vs Cockburn, Eddy, Dickinson,.
Yep.

Rebraca is OK but against those monsters he doesn't bring an advantage on either end.

Kris is actually better against those guys by playing on their hip and using his long arms to deny the pass.

Rebraca just isn't mobile enough to not get sealed.

You said stats matter. The only person stats actually matter for is someone thinking about themselves. Not the team. Therefor a greedy player.
He took the shot because he was open. McCaffery wants everyone on the team to shoot in it's a open shot

As of right now, this stands as Iowa's "signature win" on the year. And finally an unquestioned Quad1 win (& on the road!) as well.

But I would die a happy man if Iowa could find a way to pick up another "signature win" - as well as as Quad1 road victory - @ Illinois to end the regular season. That's now the dream.
Would be even better if it costs them the league crown.

Big Ten Ref's hate freshmen centers, Mulvey would get called for fouls for just breathing on someone. I know Josh has been in the system a year longer then Riley and both run the floor pretty good for big men, I still think that Mulvey will be the better player going forward.
Don't know if Fran is grooming Riley to play forward next year but it would have been nice to have seen them both get minutes during Iowa's blowout games this season instead of padding the stats of some of the other players. JMO. Neither player got the benefit of seeing much time with the starters which would have been nice, but didn't happen.....

You’ve got to feel for the players sometimes. Not knowing how it’s going to be called.
Connor was called for a foul defending from behind and didn’t do a thing except stand there with his hands up. He just laughed at the call. That’s all they can do because it’s so inconsistent.

Reactions: iahawks10
lose the one you're not supposed to lose then win one you're not supposed to win. I guess we're back where we started. There being beat MSU at home, nebraska, and NW and it'll be pretty hard to keep Iowa out.

Connor was called for a foul defending from behind and didn’t do a thing except stand there with his hands up. He just laughed at the call. That’s all they can do because it’s so inconsistent.

Yeah. Sometimes with camera angles you don’t always get the best look. But you can see both of his hands are up and off the OSU player’s body. I didn’t quite get that call.

Reactions: F5n5 and BlazinHawk
You little jbo lovers are comical. I wondered how he could ever profit off any NIL deals this year but it’s pretty clear he has a cult following.
I heard he has a blog or some goddam thing like that, whatever the hell it is. Do people actually pay for shit like that? I guess in modern times, shit like that is possible. (What the fvck is a blog?)

lose the one you're not supposed to lose then win one you're not supposed to win. I guess we're back where we started. There being beat MSU at home, nebraska, and NW and it'll be pretty hard to keep Iowa out.
In a better position than had it played out chalk.

This win changes the complexion of the season.

Reactions: F5n5

I’d love to see Fran start Big O against Kofi and the Illini. Tell him to go at Kofi like Patrick Ewing blocking shots in the NT game, just maul him. What have we got to lose?

I’d love to see Fran start Big O against Kofi and the Illini. Tell him to go at Kofi like Patrick Ewing blocking shots in the NT game, just maul him. What have we got to lose?
Well, in case you didn't notice, Big O isn't Patrick Ewing. It's funny that you think so, though.

:)

What is wrong with our coach? He only plays our best players!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT