ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa / ISU pbp

None of those people were ever his teammate, and he is just a d*ck. Probably always was, we just chose to look past it. He has drunk the F*n St Kool-aid, and he knows his days are numbered.
Gilman and St. John were definitely on multiple teams together I think.

If you'd love a laugh, read the whole thread (I have), but it's really here where it starts being particularly sweet, right as Gabe was finishing up his light work and the creep of imminent doom started to set in.
Always a good read every year. They were ready to celebrate early on weren't they? Lmao

Reactions: MitchLL
What's the deal with the oranges?
Here is a video explaining it. It’s long but if you just listen to the first 20 seconds you can hear a quote from Brands about how Dresser called him an “orange” I guess as a way to insult him but without using filthy language. Long story short there is plenty of bad blood between the two that dates back to Virginia Tech and involves transfers being ineligible and a lot of other stuff.

Reactions: ping72
There was a reference in those Clone comments regarding Julien Broderson's match.

Does everyone remember when we had a few notable posters on this forum lamenting when he chose ISU over Iowa and complaining that Brands didn't recruit him hard enough?
Yea, well...maybe Brands saw something that indicated the guy was a one trick pony.

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
this!! stupid morons like smalls posting their screen grabs need to learn wtf reaction time is
Smalls knows the right call was made, and as he likes to do, is posting the screen grabs to get people riled up. He has stated the call made was the right one.

Can't believe I just defended him!

Reactions: eb05

If you'd love a laugh, read the whole thread (I have), but it's really here where it starts being particularly sweet, right as Gabe was finishing up his light work and the creep of imminent doom started to set in.
Animated GIF

LOL at posters complaining that Iowa wasn't called for stalling enough. Always the refs

Most Clone fans don't know any better.

Dresser has fed them bullshit since the day he arrived and most of them eat it up with a spoon and a sponge.

He's better than KJ, but who isn't?
I predict today will be the last sellout in Hilton until they get a new HC in a few years.
He can't sell "hope" after today's turd.

It's ISU's first sellout since 1982. It's a 1 off event with ESPN in town and there probably won't be another sellout ever.

I mean this sincerely I don't think Iowa fans even realize just how unique your fanbase is for wrestling. I went to 2 meets last year and there is usually like 1,000 or less people at these meets. One I went to was a meet against a small California school where people gave me front row mid mat seats and there were probably 150 people there.

I can't point to anything Dresser is doing wrong per se. He's clearly much better than KJ like you said. He might just not be that good of a coach, and I think he clearly has limitations, I also think the ISU program has some limitations as well. This will be a pretty good year for ISU wrestling I'm guessing. I have a mind to think this will likely be as good as it gets for ISU wrestling, whether that be the ceiling of the program or just Dresser's ceiling at ISU I don't know.

It's ISU's first sellout since 1982. It's a 1 off event with ESPN in town and there probably won't be another sellout ever.

I mean this sincerely I don't think Iowa fans even realize just how unique your fanbase is for wrestling. I went to 2 meets last year and there is usually like 1,000 or less people at these meets. One I went to was a meet against a small California school where people gave me front row mid mat seats and there were probably 150 people there.

I can't point to anything Dresser is doing wrong per se. He's clearly much better than KJ like you said. He might just not be that good of a coach, and I think he clearly has limitations, I also think the ISU program has some limitations as well. This will be a pretty good year for ISU wrestling I'm guessing. I have a mind to think this will likely be as good as it gets for ISU wrestling, whether that be the ceiling of the program or just Dresser's ceiling at ISU I don't know.
He's like Matty Campball, always needs a gimmick/uniform stunts.

He's like Matty Campball, always needs a gimmick/uniform stunts.

Difference is Matt is the best coach ISU has had in the modern era of football. He's graded on a different scale than Dresser. There are a lot of fans who remember Douglas and Sanderson as coaches and have higher expectations. I think the sport is different now than when they coached so I don't know if that's fair.

Reactions: Chuck C and MitchLL
Smalls knows the right call was made, and as he likes to do, is posting the screen grabs to get people riled up. He has stated the call made was the right one.

Can't believe I just defended him!
He has posted it was and also that it wasn’t. He’s all over the place. Too many Budweisers.

Reactions: TNTwrestle
This thread is a snapshot of the emotions of any fans that care a lot about their team. I didn't follow along with this match in real time yesterday as I was feeling sick and had some chores to get to before a work-week and the 1st actual cold temps and snow here (western Michigan).

Before about page 6 it was doom and gloom, Brands has peaked, time to retire or step aside.

The back half is praise and laudations all-around, stepping all over ISU, etc.

Not throwing stones . . . just pointing it out. I'm guilty of all the feelings of all of you guys. Guess it's part of the reason I didn't follow long as closely this time. I got gutted a few times by this sport, and with a couple young kids of my own coming up, I have to emotionally divorce myself a bit for their health, any my own.

But, it sure is fun to revel in victory. :)

Isu coaching corner was a circus. St John is the voice to the mat, dresser just seemed confused, and Metcalf spent the entire dual bitching to the 2nd ref regarding anytime tnt even stood up.
Good observation.

They're in their 7th year and look like a bunch of rookies.

They just look lost.

This thread is a snapshot of the emotions of any fans that care a lot about their team. I didn't follow along with this match in real time yesterday as I was feeling sick and had some chores to get to before a work-week and the 1st actual cold temps and snow here (western Michigan).

Before about page 6 it was doom and gloom, Brands has peaked, time to retire or step aside.

The back half is praise and laudations all-around, stepping all over ISU, etc.

Not throwing stones . . . just pointing it out. I'm guilty of all the feelings of all of you guys. Guess it's part of the reason I didn't follow long as closely this time. I got gutted a few times by this sport, and with a couple young kids of my own coming up, I have to emotionally divorce myself a bit for their health, any my own.

But, it sure is fun to revel in victory. :)
Page 6 was before Tom unleashed his hail-Mary Kennedy/Arnold weight-shifting stunt that had a 10% chance of actually working.

Page 9 begins the Arnold Lovefest, and pages 10-12 are flexing and jawing like we just shut out Penn State.

This is a non-Ritalin cesspool.

Here is a video explaining it. It’s long but if you just listen to the first 20 seconds you can hear a quote from Brands about how Dresser called him an “orange” I guess as a way to insult him but without using filthy language. Long story short there is plenty of bad blood between the two that dates back to Virginia Tech and involves transfers being ineligible and a lot of other stuff.

Good stuff but I wish they would've given a little more attention to VT not releasing those guys from their schollies and let them transfer. That cost each of those guys a year of eligibility, at least I think it did. That was the biggest b*tch move of the whole thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT