ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Wisconsin Game Thread*****

TP already stated he is done at Iowa after this year, I am predicting he goes into the portal (as graduate transfer) because he has had enough of the McCaffery's and wants the chance to play for a contender next year. JMO

Tony Freeman had a nice game...according to Dolphin. Time to replace him also.

The roster is bare of athletes which is easier to teach D if your coach knows what that is, going to be a long year and hope fran gets as bored as the fans with Iowa basketball and moves on.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
The only way this team will win games is by making shots at a high percentage. So far they have proven they cannot do that. They have to make uncontested shots and they can't even do that at a high percentage.

Forwards not named krikke or Owen were 5/23. Some of that is contact on shots not being called as a foul, but yikes. We need to red light some players and sit them if they’re gonna be low percentage options

TP already stated he is done at Iowa after this year, I am predicting he goes into the portal (as graduate transfer) because he has had enough of the McCaffery's and wants the chance to play for a contender next year. JMO
They need to go all in to retain TP. He’s the most important recruit on the board for next year.

PMAC stat line: 2-9 FG, 0-3 3 PT, 3 REB, 4 AST, 2 FL, 5 POINTS

He needs to come off the bench. Start Bowen, Perk, Payton Sandfort, Freeman, Krikke. It’s not that hard.

I’d put PMac with the second group to get his terrible shots in.

Just ran the #s. Against the 7 big teams we have played Pat is averaging 5.7 points and 3.1 boards. I really think he's struggling mentally. I honestly wonder if he needs to be done. He's a great kid.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Just ran the #s. Against the 7 big teams we have played Pat is averaging 5.7 points and 3.1 boards. I really think he's struggling mentally. I honestly wonder if he needs to be done. He's a great kid.
I think anyone who pays attention to his body language, on the court and on the sidelines, during most games says that he's mostly only out there because he doesn't want to disappoint his mom.

And Fran feels forced to play him so much so as to not have Margaret wear him down at home about it.

• Haha
Reactions: vacuum_cleaner

He needs to come off the bench. Start Bowen, Perk, Payton Sandfort, Freeman, Krikke. It’s not that hard. I’d put PMac with the second group to get his terrible shots in.

This. Payton hit his first 3 threes.... Then NOTHING the rest of the game. In 34 minutes. 9 points on those 3 3s.

PMac... 5 points in 27 minutes. 3 turnovers. 3 effing rebounds and 4 assists. 3 FREAKING REBOUNDS.

Freeman. 14 points, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks.

Perkins. 25 points, 4 reb, 3 steals

What makes Pmac a great young man vs say any other student at the University or the walkons? He plays a lot of minutes and isn't required to play defense/be physical or be high efficient scorer because his Dad is the coach. The fact that he developed into this player with these shortcomings is not his fault, he's had an enabler.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
What makes Pmac a great young man vs say any other student at the University or the walkons? He plays a lot of minutes and isn't required to play defense/be physical or be high efficient scorer because his Dad is the coach. The fact that he developed into this player with these shortcomings is not his fault, he's had an enabler.
To be fair, no one is required to play defense.

As noted, Iowa basketball is casual viewing. Not must see TV.
Good news is there's loads of games to watch on any given night when Iowa looks bad, so plenty of other options to actually watch a well played game.

Because I have known him a long time and know he is a great guy. I'll defend that any day of the week.

He needs to come off the bench. Start Bowen, Perk, Payton Sandfort, Freeman, Krikke. It’s not that hard. I’d put PMac with the second group to get his terrible shots in.
His best assist was on a rare rebound where he let the Wisconsin guy just take it from him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT