*****Iowa vs Wisconsin Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
6pm BTN
Wisc -5.5
O/U 152.5

Not much to say about this one, Badgers are playing really well right now, only loss in last 9 games was at Arizona.

The Badgers are 6-1 in home games. Wisconsin ranks fifth in the Big Ten in team defense, giving up 64.9 points while holding opponents to 44.6% shooting.

Hawks are going to need to play a near perfect game and limits turnovers to stay in this game. In the end, I think badgers win 74-61

6pm BTN
Wisc -5.5
O/U 152.5

Not much to say about this one, Badgers are playing really well right now, only loss in last 9 games was at Arizona.

The Badgers are 6-1 in home games. Wisconsin ranks fifth in the Big Ten in team defense, giving up 64.9 points while holding opponents to 44.6% shooting.

Hawks are going to need to play a near perfect game and limits turnovers to stay in this game. In the end, I think badgers win 74-61
Interesting O/U for this one........

We are 8-5 overall and 0-2 in the conference.

Looking at the next 5 games, tonight is gonna be tough; surprised we are just a 5.5 point dog.

Three of the next 5 games are at home AND are on the weekend. Will fans show up? Can we go 3-2?

Tonight at Wisconsin
Sat Jan 6 vs Rutgers, 11:00 am tip
Fri Jan 12 vs Nebraska, 8:30 pm tip

Mon Jan 15 at Minnesota
Sat Jan 20 vs Purdue, 1:00 pm tip

Getting to watch the guys get blown out or find a way to lose yet another game up there in heartbreaking fashion - after that shit stain of a bowl game yesterday .....

omg-ic-ant-wait.gif

Hey, folks. I come in peace.

There are two main question marks for the Badgers tonight: 1) is Chucky Hepburn healed from a groin injury suffered 10 days ago, and 2) rust from having played only two games since Dec. 9, and those were cupcakes.

If you haven't seen UW play this year, the first thing to know is that AJ Storr, a transfer from St. John's, has been added to the starting lineup this year and Connor Essegian barely plays anymore - Essegian is in the doghouse mainly for his defensive shortcomings. Storr is the leading scorer, I believe, but the entire starting lineup has led the team in scoring for at least a game - very balanced. Steven Crowl is the most consistent performer, however. John Blackwell is a true frosh backcourt guy that has been outstanding, and will likely get the start if Chucky can't go.

A new wrinkle for Wisconsin is offensive rebounding - in the past, it was a philosophical choice to de-emphasize getting a lot of ORebs in order to get back on D and prevent transition buckets. This year, they are getting a lot of ORebs and second chance points. which has been key in beating teams like Marquette and MSU. It will be interesting to see if that continues against a team that likes to run like Iowa. Arizona is a fast team, and they were able to have their way with UW (that may not have been the only reason...).

wisky should have no problem.
Unless the lid is on their basket and a couple of guys are on fire from 3 for Iowa this one should be a laugher.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
The +5.5 line makes me think that Chucky is either going to be limited or even out tonight. Torvik has Wisconsin as a 10 point favorite and the betting lines don't usually deviate from the analytic sites by that much. The line opened at 8.5 yesterday morning so that much movement makes me think it's an injury movement.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

There are two main question marks for the Badgers tonight: 1) is Chucky Hepburn healed from a groin injury suffered 10 days ago, and 2) rust from having played only two games since Dec. 9, and those were cupcakes.

If you haven't seen UW play this year, the first thing to know is that AJ Storr, a transfer from St. John's, has been added to the starting lineup this year and Connor Essegian barely plays anymore - Essegian is in the doghouse mainly for his defensive shortcomings. Storr is the leading scorer, I believe, but the entire starting lineup has led the team in scoring for at least a game - very balanced. Steven Crowl is the most consistent performer, however. John Blackwell is a true frosh backcourt guy that has been outstanding, and will likely get the start if Chucky can't go.

A new wrinkle for Wisconsin is offensive rebounding - in the past, it was a philosophical choice to de-emphasize getting a lot of ORebs in order to get back on D and prevent transition buckets. This year, they are getting a lot of ORebs and second chance points. which has been key in beating teams like Marquette and MSU. It will be interesting to see if that continues against a team that likes to run like Iowa. Arizona is a fast team, and they were able to have their way with UW (that may not have been the only reason...).
You should probably be nervous because Pat M is due to go off for 30 and 12 rebounds while limiting his man on defense to 5 points.

You should probably be nervous because Pat M is due to go off for 30 and 12 rebounds while limiting his man on defense to 5 points.
I don't usually bet on sporting events, but I will take the under on the first two and the over on the last.

Reactions: intrepodor

What the heck are defensive shortcomings? I'm pretty sure Fran would bench someone for playing defense.

And if he goes REALLY crazy, he might pick up 2 personal fouls.
HAHAHA!! Thanks for the laugh. I needed that.

If he does pick up two fouls, it'll only be at one end of the floor. The only thing Patrick knows about defense is that he's extremely allergic to it and wants absolutely no part of it.

Same as everyone else on the team, including the coaching methods.

You might look at those stats and say, meh, not that big a deal. That's wrong. He might be the most important player on the team in making it run efficiently on both ends. This'll be interesting.
Who plays the point when Chucky is off the court? Doesn't really look like there is a true pg on the roster apart from him. I assume Blackwell slides into the starting lineup and Klesmit and him both handle duties on taking the ball up?

Not sure I believe a Badger in Spartyland double agent ?

Who plays the point when Chucky is off the court? Doesn't really look like there is a true pg on the roster apart from him. I assume Blackwell slides into the starting lineup and Klesmit and him both handle duties on taking the ball up?
Well, McGee is more of a true PG, and he is ... serviceable, and experienced. He's just not capable of taking over a game the way Hepburn is. My guess is he'll play a lot, but yes, your other assumptions match mine.

Reactions: badger-007
I think Badgers will roll the Hawks—-by 25. Hawks don’t play well there. I still hate Badgers style—-hold on defense—pass in post and back and back and back down. Ugly basketball. But they are good this year.

But at least no Bo and no Davison.

We haven’t been competitive against anyone with a pulse outside of Seton Hall and Creighton which was more flukey than anything.

Gotta see something before I pick them in anything.

Reactions: QChawks
Hepburn supposedly playing kinda gimpy, but I bet he goes OFF tonight.

book it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT