ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Women Vs Purdue: 3:30pm On BTN

In fairness, it should not be forgotten that Lexi has made some big shots while playing for the team!

Lexi has always been a great teammate and filled a role when injuries hit Meyer, Doyle, or Davis. She's hit big shots including her 3 to win it at Minnesota last season and played a huge part in Iowa beating Maryland the last two times in Carver. However, her continued lack of attention to detail especially in the recent Minnesota game appears to have cost her spot in the rotation as she's only played 5 minutes since. I don't think her preseason injury is the reason for that either.

For the most part, it is for the Iowa Women.
I watched about five minutes of the 3rd quarter and Purdue made three consecutive 3s, basically wide open shots.

I guess the end result is all that matters.

They have GOT to get Warnock more shots...or she needs to be more forceful. She can score from anywhere. Best 3-point shooter, can post up and she can drive. She can't shoot only five shots like she did tonight.

They have GOT to get Warnock more shots... . . . she can drive. She can't shoot only five shots like she did tonight.

She can score, and it would be great to get her more shots, but her shot volume is limited by her inability to create her own shot. In terms of driving, she can drive by 4s and 5s with very limited quicks, but that is about it.

I think it would be helpful if Gabbie Marshall would shoot more as well. It appears she likes to get set before launching but she has some ability to create and can drive, stop and pop. Seems like every game she gets a lay up off of stealing an inbounds pass! She like others, at times, seems to be willing to defer to Clark.

ADVERTISEMENT