ADVERTISEMENT

Keeping BF is the right decision. 1 more yr.

Don't we all. Iowa offensive coordinator is the ONLY job you can fail miserably at and still get retained. BF wouldn't keep a job at a fast food joint for 3 week.
Well that depends now. Is Kirk the Manager at the Fast Food joint? If not then you are probably right.

Brian is the QB coach, so I don’t have much sympathy for the QB not being accurate, that is his position of responsibility. Announcers and writers openly questioned his play-calling. His offense showed zero improvement over the last two years. Four talented WRs transferred out and they brought in a Division II replacement.

I hope they improve but I don’t have much faith in that happening.
I assume you are talking about THIS off season since you tagged Anderson (who may very well be better then anybody who left) on this. So who are the FOUR talented WR's that left? Jones left LAST year so he's not in the discussion. Bruce has been mediocre overall. Johnson decided to tank the season evidently, so he can shovel shit at KSU as far as I'm concerned, because no decent team mate would do that. I don't remember anyone else who actually played who left, so whats your basis that we lost someone talented?

Reactions: Bishop1971
and schedule bad teams, and find the worst bowl teams to play in the yearly toilet bowl game
KF needs to get lost. The guy is a joke and it's getting worse. The yearly weak schedule bails him out every year. Rinse and repeat. KF is a joke. A scam artist and his kid is a meathead, with no talent.
Neither KF or Barta have A THING to do with 80% of their schedule a FACT that 95% of the fan base chooses to consistently overlook. So supposedly having the schedule "bail him out" over the course of say five years or so simply isn't factual either. Over time we play the same teams that everyone in the division plays and yet over the last decade we have the third most wins in the B1G. We don't get the easiest schedule every year as your trying to speculate as other teams have years where they get a softer landing, and yet the record is what it is......

Cade is not mobile. He isn't a complete statue, moves around the pocket well and occasionally picks up a yard or two when the pass rush overplays. However, the notion that he is a threat with his feet is 100% inaccurate. In fact, one of the reasons he lost his job is the other guy can run and thus brought a new dimension to the Umich O. If you are expecting Cade to br a runner, especially after his injury, you are going to be highly disappointed.
He lost his job because he got hurt and couldn't play. Don't know if he'll be ready to go in the spring. They were going to use 2 qbs. He has great pocket presence and can feel the rush and step up into the pocket. Petras had zero ability at this. He isn't lead footed like Petras. He hits his WR in stride so they can get YAC.

We just came off a miserable yr of OFF injuries, to include both oline and wr. On top of that BF was stuck with a immobile inaccurate pro style QB. Goodluck to anyone trying to move that OFF.

Now we have a mobile and accurate QB, a stud RB, a great TE transfer to go with 1 or 2 studs already, a great looking WR transfer to gonl with some healed up wrs in Nico and Bostick along with a couple big bodied wr recruits and most importantlya plethora of healthy and new olineman. They'll most likely be another wr (speedster) added before its all done if things play out right.

Because of all this, and how next yr is lining up to be a good run with plenty of experience, it wouldn't make sense to burn the year trying to transition into an entirely new OFF scheme.

I expect great things and a calming of the craziness after next yr as the OFF will be much improved. But, if it's not, BF will be gone, and probably gone from Iowa.
OK first, "BF was stuck with a immobile inaccurate pro style QB". He was stuck with that QB because once Kirk picks a starting QB he refuses to make a change until that QB graduates or dies. Not BF's call.

Second, he won't be fired because he is Kirk's wife's son.

Third, it wouldn't matter if BF was fired because the next OC will run Kirk's offense exactly the way Kirk wants it run no matter what thoughts of his own he might have. Otherwise, gone in 60 seconds.

In conclusion, no matter who the OC is he will run Kirk's offense exactly the way Kirk wants it run. On Kirk's team, OC is essentially an empty position with no effect on the end result. So, might as well be Brian.

Not reading through all of these at first. Will just restate what I stated. As someone very very pro Kirk, I will give this one more year with Brian at OC. If we are still buried at the bottom at the end of next year on offense I would say change needed then.

I have contemplated that if it gets to the point at the end of next season where Brian has to go, I would not be shocked at all if Kirk decides to go out then and just retire. That may be the impetus for Kirk to retire. At that point it is wholesale staff change.
Dude, you keep bringing it up but are just over the edge delusional if you think Kirk is walking away from $7 million a year salary anytime in the near future for any reason other than a stroke or something.

He knows he's absolutely untouchable, that's why he got rid of that fake alumni committee that he assembled to save his ass summer '20, just a couple weeks after signing the contract that made him untouchable. Nice work again, Gary.

He's still doing it now to enrich his family for long past when he's gone, not to try to win anything substantial for Iowa football and the fans. If you can't see that at this point you're beyond help

Reactions: MikeyHawk
Not reading through all of these at first. Will just restate what I stated. As someone very very pro Kirk, I will give this one more year with Brian at OC. If we are still buried at the bottom at the end of next year on offense I would say change needed then.

I have contemplated that if it gets to the point at the end of next season where Brian has to go, I would not be shocked at all if Kirk decides to go out then and just retire. That may be the impetus for Kirk to retire. At that point it is wholesale staff change.
LOL, it has happened many years in a row, but, if it happens again....

He lost his job because he got hurt and couldn't play. Don't know if he'll be ready to go in the spring. They were going to use 2 qbs. He has great pocket presence and can feel the rush and step up into the pocket. Petras had zero ability at this. He isn't lead footed like Petras. He hits his WR in stride so they can get YAC.
Huh? I'm a Michigan grad/fan and literally watched every single snap that Cade took at Umich...followed his recruitment as a premium member of multiple sites and certainly was well taped into the whole whole Cade vs. JJ battle this past year.

Both were given a start at the beginning of last season. After JJ's start, second game, he was publicly named the starter...not inside info...Harbaugh announced it at a pesser...Cade got hurt in the 3rd game at the end of the 2nd Q (after he lost his job) when we were blowing out Uconn.

So you are are flat out wrong (about how/why) he lost his job...as in flat out factually wrong with no debate...you're wrong!

The thing is I'm a fan of Cade. He beat tOSU and won us our first B10 title in a long long time. Part of me wanted him to beat JJ out...but he didn't and I was fine with that because JJ has more ability. With that said, I was also fine with him transferring because I wish the best for Cade and think he has earned being a P5 starter.

Some here might remember my long post about him litteraly minutes prior to him making his tranfer to Iowa public. It was quite complimentary and even acknowledged by your (former) mods. One I the things I brought up, in my breakdown of his game having watched litteraly every snap he has taken in college including spring games, is his mobility.

While you are not correct about when and how he lost his job you are correct that he is not "lead footed" like Petras. It's an upgrade in that area. The skill Cade possess is a sense of when to bail - what Cade does is avoid/minimize negative plays (lives to play another down that is makeable)...he is quite remarkable at it.

However, he really isn't mobile. His skill his getting back to the LOS or moving around well enough to get rid of the ball. Him gaining positive yards (mobility) is rare. The irony, to this back and forth, is that Cade got hurt (IN THE 3RD GAME AFTER LOSING HIS JOB) when he got crushed in the pocket on his first two snaps of that game. It was completely on his blockers but at the same time a demonstration that he can't make people miss or outrun them...he is not mobile, he's smart...he knows when to take an inch but rarely turns an inch into something more...

Btw...I do wish him the best at Iowa. Great kid...good QB...certainly an upgrade for you guys

Huh? I'm a Michigan grad/fan and literally watched every single snap that Cade took at Umich...followed his recruitment as a premium member of multiple sites and certainly was well taped into the whole whole Cade vs. JJ battle this past year.

Both were given a start at the beginning of last season. After JJ's start, second game, he was publicly named the starter...not inside info...Harbaugh announced it at a pesser...Cade got hurt in the 3rd game at the end of the 2nd Q (after he lost his job) when we were blowing out Uconn.

So you are are flat out wrong (about how/why) he lost his job...as in flat out factually wrong with no debate...you're wrong!

The thing is I'm a fan of Cade. He beat tOSU and won us our first B10 title in a long long time. Part of me wanted him to beat JJ out...but he didn't and I was fine with that because JJ has more ability. With that said, I was also fine with him transferring because I wish the best for Cade and think he has earned being a P5 starter.

Some here might remember my long post about him litteraly minutes prior to him making his tranfer to Iowa public. It was quite complimentary and even acknowledged by your (former) mods. One I the things I brought up, in my breakdown of his game having watched litteraly every snap he has taken in college including spring games, is his mobility.

While you are not correct about when and how he lost his job you are correct that he is not "lead footed" like Petras. It's an upgrade in that area. The skill Cade possess is a sense of when to bail - what Cade does is avoid/minimize negative plays (lives to play another down that is makeable)...he is quite remarkable at it.

However, he really isn't mobile. His skill his getting back to the LOS or moving around well enough to get rid of the ball. Him gaining positive yards (mobility) is rare. The irony, to this back and forth, is that Cade got hurt (IN THE 3RD GAME AFTER LOSING HIS JOB) when he got crushed in the pocket on his first two snaps of that game. It was completely on his blockers but at the same time a demonstration that he can't make people miss or outrun them...he is not mobile, he's smart...he knows when to take an inch but rarely turns an inch into something more...

Btw...I do wish him the best at Iowa. Great kid...good QB...certainly an upgrade for you guys
I won't dispute what you said. Still think if Cade had stayed healthy for the season he would have played alot. Anyway, its your loss. Our gain the way things turned out. I am exited for the first time since Petras started(because I foolishly thought he would be an upgrade over Stanley based on his HS stats) to see a new proven QB take over. If Brian can't make hay with him,he truly is a moron.

Reactions: ellobo
It's a baby with the bathwater discussion. His teams have been very competitive over the years. Over the last 5 or so you could argue they've been perhaps the 3rd or 4th best program in the B1G. At the same time his unwillingness or inability to be critical of his offensive staff and make necessary changes is maddening at times. He made clear in his presser what we already knew and that is that he will never fire Brian. He said that Fry never fired a coordinator and neither will he. So that's where we are. Brian is here for as long as Kirk is here. The family business is real.
How many OCs did Fry have? Snyder and Patterson? I can't recall anyone else. They were both pretty good at their jobs. Snyder being a legend. The early staff Fry had was amazing. So why would he fire them ?Don't recall the DC other than Brashier ?

Reactions: RothMatt
He's won plenty of games...moron. Jesus u just keep elevating your non sense and moronic comments. And I've applied plenty of stats to support my case..meanwhile u haven't Mr hypocrite.

2021 - 10wins BIG Champ game
2022- 8 wins 1 game away from BIG Champ game.

Winningest coach in Iowa history.
Coach of the year multiple times
Respected by the likes of Nick Saban and other top program coaches.

Consistently outperforming expectations on a Natl level based on Natl expert opinions. Hes an overachiever, a consistent outperformer.
But I can see how you have trouble knowing and or defining what an overachiever is or does, u bottom feeder.

See those facts u moron!!
Dumbass

Reactions: 83Hawk
Any that want Kirk and Brian gone, I don't see how this could work out better for you. If Brian fails in 2023 as you expect he will, I believe Kirk will hang it up and basically the whole staff is cleaned out. He never had to fire anyone and he just retires.

Any that want Kirk and Brian gone, I don't see how this could work out better for you. If Brian fails in 2023 as you expect he will, I believe Kirk will hang it up and basically the whole staff is cleaned out. He never had to fire anyone and he just retires.

I hope we keep Woods. He is going to be a great head coach some day.

George Costanza Flirting GIF by MOODMAN

With BF here i hope the offense somehow gets worse next year while the defense gets better.

Fight me

You keep bringing up the wins….which were generated by special teams and defense…..then you double down by saying the offensive philosophy helps the defense. How does consistently going 3 and out, not scoring, etc….help the defense?
"You keep bringing up the wins"???r u fking serious, what else truly matters??..if you're winning. Jfc some of you r just dmb.

Reactions: F5n5
"You keep bringing up the wins"???r u fking serious, what else truly matters??..if you're winning. Jfc some of you r just dmb.
Wins do matter, how many wins were left on the table by inept offense, then you claim the offense helps the defense with its style.??**** you for being such an insolent cocksucking piece of shit. You know what people are upset about, you know why we won the games we won, you know our offense is one of the worst ever in our programs history.

Wins do matter, how many wins were left on the table by inept offense, then you claim the offense helps the defense with its style.??**** you for being such an insolent cocksucking piece of shit. You know what people are upset about, you know why we won the games we won, you know our offense is one of the worst ever in our programs history.
Lol, hey dpshit....lots of teams win with great offs, while having shit defenses and vice-versa...u can't be this dmb? Just bc u would like a coach to focus on a better OFF so your blowhard fan self could feel better about it, doesn't mean the outcome would change nor be better.

The results r the results and KF is overaceiving annually in that regard with a program that faces the obstacles Iowa does. U should probably get out of mom and dads basement and experience the world a bit and you may understand that getting 4/5 star & great skill players to come to Iowa is, and always will be, a huge challenge and u likely. Iowa isn't all cracked up to what u think it is to kids from the south. On top of that if theyndo come north, your up against the ND, OSU, NE, WI MI names ofnl thenworld, which nfortunately resonate better than Iowa.....ok, mr.hermit.

• Haha
Reactions: shoot_the_three
Lol, hey dpshit....lots of teams win with great offs, while having shit defenses and vice-versa...u can't be this dmb? Just bc u would like a coach to focus on a better OFF so your blowhard fan self could feel better about it, doesn't mean the outcome would change nor be better.

The results r the results and KF is overaceiving annually in that regard with a program that faces the obstacles Iowa does. U should probably get out of mom and dads basement and experience the world a bit and you may understand that getting 4/5 star & great skill players to come to Iowa is, and always will be, a huge challenge and u likely. Iowa isn't all cracked up to what u think it is to kids from the south. On top of that if theyndo come north, your up against the ND, OSU, NE, WI MI names ofnl thenworld, which nfortunately resonate better than Iowa.....ok, mr.hermit.
We are asking for average, like you wife wishes your dick was at least average

Well we should have known the answer was no changes since there was no official news of a new OC being hired. At a public institution a new hire would have been public news. So I was not surprised but disappointed.

I hope the offense improves but I am not sure. BF calls a very inconsistent game and throws in some very strange play calls many times. This fact just makes me think BF doesnt have the in game play calling chops. I hope Budmayr takes over the QB coaching duties since he was a QB.

Is Feth going to take over at center and let Jones etc learn for a year on the sidelines or is he slated for a guard spot. I hope the other portal Olinemen can be a really good right tackle. And Richman still needs to improve a lot in pass blocking.

So I am not sure that the OLine gurus Kirk and Brian will solve that problem but I hope that I am wrong. If the Oline is much better it will be the number one item I think to improving the offense. If so the hawks will get more yards per run, fewer tackles for loss on running plays, longer pass protection which will enable just above avg receiving corp to get open.
Smart post. Good analysis on how much this offense can improve depending on a few key things, especially the o line play.

You're an idiot
Funny coming from the dbag who started a thread defending BF and saying the guy who led the 2nd worst offense in the nation should get another year after having a bottom 10 one the year prior. The irony of you calling someone and idiot who makes a fool out of yourself daily here with your post. Like your legendary hammer thread, lol.

Last edited:

Thanks for posting. Goodluck in next season.

Reactions: WSC72
HF Would have totally dominated the big 10 West..
And been drubbed in the conference championship game. Also our main competition in the west is Wisconsin, and they are LIGHT years ahead of where they were when Fry was coaching. So I don't buy him dominating the west either. Wisconsin was dogshit when Fry coached as were NW and Minnesota, so, NO.....

And been drubbed in the conference championship game. Also our main competition in the west is Wisconsin, and they are LIGHT years ahead of where they were when Fry was coaching. So I don't buy him dominating the west either. Wisconsin was dogshit when Fry coached as were NW and Minnesota, so, NO.....
Check the out of conference schedule. We Is actually played really good teams with a pulse. Minnesota wasn't always bad, They actually had some really good teams and Wisconsin got really strong in fry's last 5 to 7 years. I will also get to play rutgers and Maryland. So, Yes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT