ADVERTISEMENT

Kerkvliet is soft as...

Just came back from an injury. He will be better in St Louis. Move along. This kids are . . . kids.

Yeah, I’m sure the injury had a lot to do with his head being on the mat for half of the 1st period. Let’s just call a spade a spade, he has been committed and then backed out of 3 schools before he landed at PSU (tOSU, OSU and Minn). He is a quitter and when things start to get tough he quits, which is what he did against Cass. That’s not a good attribute for a wrestler.

Being a free year and considering whatever injury he is supposed to have, finishing 4th is pretty good. Glad Cass majored him, but good experience for him and I expect him to improve as time goes on.
I'd rather enjoy the win than take time putting down a college wrestler.... unless he bit me, then I'd be pissed.

I remember a match in high school when Warner beat the mess out of kerk. It was Warner’s senior year. And kerk wanted that match. Warner won 7-2 I think but rode him like cass did

Who did Kerk beat? There's a clear #1, a clear #2, and a clear #3. Everyone else after that is interchangeable.
It’s crazy there is such a distinct talent gap between the top three in the current heavyweight class (and everyone else).

I think Kerk will become a strong #4 and maybe even rival Cass. But today Kerk should have been stalled out in the second period. His head was on the mat for two minutes.

Football fans in here spiking the ball.

Swing and a miss, champ. I was around since before you were down in AZ eating tacos before retirement. If any of my observations are wrong, feel free to point them out. Be specific.

I watched most of his matches this week on the multi mat channel and the Cass match was easily his worst match I saw. He wrestled much better against Paris

Maybe you are right and I am being overly harsh. Most PSU fans (and even some of our favorite wrestling pundits) proclaimed Kerkvliet to be a title contender from day 1.
Given all the commitments and the transfers... it's likely one of two things... it's either between the ears or an overbearing daddy.

I thought a few years ago that he could beat GS since they were close in high school. There's been no development and perhaps the injuries have taken a toll. Given Carl's penchant for overrecruiting... I'd be looking over my shoulder if I was the Kerk clan.

Yeah, I’m sure the injury had a lot to do with his head being on the mat for half of the 1st period. Let’s just call a spade a spade, he has been committed and then backed out of 3 schools before he landed at PSU (tOSU, OSU and Minn). He is a quitter and when things start to get tough he quits, which is what he did against Cass. That’s not a good attribute for a wrestler.

That's possible.

Swing and a miss, champ. I was around since before you were down in AZ eating tacos before retirement. If any of my observations are wrong, feel free to point them out. Be specific.

A few weeks ago, Kerk was not expected to wrestle because of injury etc. They decided to wrestle him and he finished 4th which isn't bad. I am guessing they did this for more chance for bonus against lesser competition. I am very happy for the Cass whoopin but this kid has serious upside. Overhyped? Sure but I watched him dominate Hemida (U23 SIlver/AA) who is no slouch plus all of his age level successes. That was not the same guy in neutral plus the mat was like a magnet for his belly on bottom...typical freshman issues. I get it...no excuses but that guy is going to get better. BTW...I miss those tacos.

Such a distinct talent between the top 3 and the rest of the field? Didn't I just watch Parris get majored in the finals, and Cass who took 3rd get pinned in 30 seconds by Parris and majored by Gable? I would say there a distinct difference between #1 and the rest of the field. Seriously Gable is almost as dominating as Spencer. I did say almost...

I loved that Cass got the W and honestly from action I saw this weekend I was not shocked he won. Kerk did not self proclaim anything so not fair to him to be critical. He has had some legit FS results and has missed a lot of mat time. He is a tall guy and getting off bottom seems to be a bit of a problem which is not a factor in FS. I'll happily take the win and if people want to jab do it to specific fanatics, Kerk showed up and did his best.

Such a distinct talent between the top 3 and the rest of the field? Didn't I just watch Parris get majored in the finals, and Cass who took 3rd get pinned in 30 seconds by Parris and majored by Gable? I would say there a distinct difference between #1 and the rest of the field. Seriously Gable is almost as dominating as Spencer. I did say almost...

ALMOST?.......Now go wash your mouth out. ;)

Why would I not admit to being a Minny fan? I'm a fan of many wrestlers from many teams. Do I believe the sun dawns and set in Iowa no. I think Spencer is incredible! I think Kem is the best at finishing takedowns that I've ever seen. I cheer for Marenelli the family story is sad and awesome. I think it's interesting that the Hawkeyes have? 1 starter on the team from Iowa but only Iowa fans can cheer for Iowa? I think Deakin is great I thinks Brooks is great I think N Lee and RBY are fun to watch. I like Lovlett and Red and Robb and Vence from Neb. I could go on and on. Did I mention that I think Steveson is good? So please wasdt don't tell me what I will and not do! Sure I'm a Minny fan/Steveson and also a fan of many other wrestlers. I'm guessing you're a huge Pennsylvania fan?

• Sad
Reactions: ANTINORI
I agree that people are being too harsh in GK. I was super nervous for this match and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. The kid is obviously skilled and has the body type to become something special down the road if he’s able to put it all together and has a full year of training.

A few weeks ago, Kerk was not expected to wrestle because of injury etc. They decided to wrestle him and he finished 4th which isn't bad. I am guessing they did this for more chance for bonus against lesser competition. I am very happy for the Cass whoopin but this kid has serious upside. Overhyped? Sure but I watched him dominate Hemida (U23 SIlver/AA) who is no slouch plus all of his age level successes. That was not the same guy in neutral plus the mat was like a magnet for his belly on bottom...typical freshman issues. I get it...no excuses but that guy is going to get better. BTW...I miss those tacos.

I haven’t put a lot of stock into Cael’s Injury claim given his blatant falsehoods on other guys in the past.

Again, maybe I was too harsh with the Charmin comparison. Perhaps I should stick to tacos. Kerkvliet is as soft as a tortilla. Lays perfectly flat but doesn’t tear as easy as Charmin.

Reactions: fronk71 and Chuck C
Fill in the blank.

Kerkvliet is soft as ____________________

I will start with the low hanging fruit: charmin

Jesus that was a Cass whooping. Dude will break mentally and not finish all 4 years at PSU.
A CARVER ICE CREAM CONE

That’s kind of funny. As far as forum time goes, it was just a minute back that Chief was living in AZ eating great tacos and so-so burgers. Lol

Reactions: Neo_Hawk
Well most of the hype comes from flo and other pundits who think because a guy wears a PSU singlet hes the 2nd coming of Christ. They hype every one if PSU kids and it's a love affair unmatched especially pyles. It would be harder to find a clip where they didnt annoint a PSU wrestlers

If I'm a PSU fan, my biggest concern with Kerk is that he pretty much laid down whenever he gave up the first takedown. Combine that with the fact that PSU is the 4th school he committed to, I'd be worried about some mental issues.

He also looked terrible on bottom, something we wouldn't see in all of his freestyle success. That could really rear its head next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT