ADVERTISEMENT

Kerkvliet Reopens Recruiting

all you winning is the most important thing guys deserve what you get. dude is sending his kid to the right place.

Wow. A parent of a well respected wrestler comes to the board, gives first hand knowledge of a situation many of you speculate about and you Insinuate he’s a liar. Well done MSU

I don’t believe he’s a liar... But I believ
It is actually very basic.

1.) the truth "as he sees it" only means that he only knows how things have worked with his family, unless he has been involved with every other recruit.

2.)a dad coming on here to deny any wrongdoing has to be taken with a grain of salt(no matter how small the grain). Simple common sense says that the same exact argument would be used by someone involved in any wrongdoing.

Now, to be clear. I highly doubt PSU is doing something straight up wrong. They may be operating in a grey area or 2, but that is just being smart.

7 out of 8 says all that needs to be said.

Entirely too much common sense and knowledge here...

There is yet another that you and yours are called Pedophiles, LumbeePed. We Are, Ped State!!! Go away and take lil willie with you.
Oh lookie here. Another Ped statement. Funny, where's your pathetic outrage at OSU and MSU? Must have missed that. Jealous much? OSU was especially involved in wrestling. I guess that doesn't fit your bs faux outrage.

Your jackassery summed up well in one single post. Well done.

I just want Mr. Brooks to protect himself and his family from some here, he has no supporters here. Happy Valley is his extended family and his kid is a STAR!!!

I don't see where Mr Brooks has been attacked here. On the contrary, most of the posts directed to him are fairly complimentary, and wishing his son success.

Don't equate questioning Cael's sainthood with attacking a parent of a wrestler.

Agreed, but we’ve seen that change over the years as careers progress. Would you as a parent openly engage on a message board, bwi or HR? I’d advise not to , little to be gained . Play it safe. Tough place to be at times for any parent to read garbage on both sites

rossel 33 said:

I didn't make up that ranking FT. FLO has 2 rankings for HS. Nevills was ranked #12 p4p on FLO's 4/10/18 National HS Rankings, still on their site. They have a different ranking for Nevills on their 2018 "Big Board" where he comes in at #22.

Didn't say you made it up, that's a straw argument. What I did say was you were misleading by using an outdated ranking which is absolutely correct.

The 2 different rankings separated in time by only a few weeks, and are qualitatively different. One is Big Board, which involves several people and includes only the 2018 class. The other was a National HS ranking, including all classes. They are both still listed on FLO, and both are the most recent update of their respective category.

But alas, I realize playing this game with you, FT, is an utter waste of time, as you tend to cherry pick, look for little "gotchas" and completely overlook the bigger picture.

The 2 different rankings separated in time by only a few weeks, and are qualitatively different. One is Big Board, which involves several people and includes only the 2018 class. The other was a National HS ranking, including all classes. They are both still listed on FLO, and both are the most recent update of their respective category.

But alas, I realize playing this game with you, FT, is an utter waste of time, as you tend to cherry pick, look for little "gotchas" and completely overlook the bigger picture.

Put it this way, how many coaches are even considering recruiting over a Nevills level recruit this late in the game with a kid that was already committed elsewhere?

Let's not diddle around with trying to all of a sudden lowball Seth either. He took one razor thin loss(he almost immediately escaped from the 1 takedown and was as close as it gets to one of his own just seconds before) to the #1/2 recruit in the next year's recruiting class.

Almost every PSU fan talked him over Cass nonstop. I get that when you are that good, you can nearly get the pick of the litter, but it doesn't have a rosy smell about it......

I like the discussions on both boards fellas. Everyone on here has been fine by me. I’m a wrestling fan, so I won’t be knocking Iowa, again, the better Iowa gets the better PSU and tOSU have to get. I speak to coach Perry on occasion and the thing that will suprise most of you is that most high level coachs are wrestling advocates. Not against any program. They all come together as team USA and improve. Coach Perry like most 1st priority is grow the sport! You can’t do that cheating or bad mouthing other programs. This is the norm. These fan boards are great intertainmemt! Wrestling needs the enthusiasm! But most involved in these programs are on the same team a large part of the year. USA Wrestling.

Oh lookie here. Another Ped statement. Funny, where's your pathetic outrage at OSU and MSU? Must have missed that. Jealous much? OSU was especially involved in wrestling. I guess that doesn't fit your bs faux outrage.

Jealous much? No, not for your university. You guys will forever have the Sandusky stigma. It will never go away. I despise OSU and MSU for what happened there also, but their fans aren't on our site running their mouths.

Just in case you just recently started watching wrestling, The University of Iowa has won 23 NCAA Wrestling Titles since 1975, and 0 pedophilia was allowed to go on here. So, that being said, I am not and will never be in awe of Penn State. Call me when you catch us and we'll have something to debate, until then feel free to go back to your own site.

Wait, what!? Now that's just an irresponsible comparison. The now deceased Dr who was allegedly groping grown ass men (not to mention elite level combat athletes) during physicals which doesn't get reported till 20 years after it happened is a world apart from a coach getting convicted of sodomizing children.

Agreed, but we’ve seen that change over the years as careers progress. Would you as a parent openly engage on a message board, bwi or HR? I’d advise not to , little to be gained . Play it safe. Tough place to be at times for any parent to read garbage on both sites

jschrantz... I have to say I completely agree with you.

I occasionally read some real cringeworthy stuff that, I can only imagine would be hard to stomach as a parent. I really enjoy the insights of some of the parents who have posted here, and admire the sense of humor and grace some regularly show (Papabearslim), but it must be difficult at times. I doubt I could do it very well.

There is yet another that you and yours are called Pedophiles, LumbeePed. We Are, Ped State!!! Go away and take lil willie with you.
Anytime you guys want to question why your mod called you out for being a bunch of whining p*****, you need to open up this thread and read through it awhile.

He should step in again if ya ask me. You’re starting to embarrass the few Hawkeye fans here that don’t deserve the black eye that you’re giving them.

Reactions: nitlion6
Jealous much? No, not for your university. You guys will forever have the Sandusky stigma. It will never go away. I despise OSU and MSU for what happened there also, but their fans aren't on our site running their mouths.

Just in case you just recently started watching wrestling, The University of Iowa has won 23 NCAA Wrestling Titles since 1975, and 0 pedophilia was allowed to go on here. So, that being said, I am not and will never be in awe of Penn State. Call me when you catch us and we'll have something to debate, until then feel free to go back to your own site.
Doing his best to put a stop to child molesters by using the scandal as a way to say his favorite wrestling team is better than your wrestling team on a wrestling forum. What a saint,all the victims of abuses thank you for your tireless work on their behalf.Fake

Reactions: PSUer1989
The more we argue the less likely our Coaches are gonna reach out to each other for a meet.
I'd rather see us wrestle.

I like the discussions on both boards fellas. Everyone on here has been fine by me. I’m a wrestling fan, so I won’t be knocking Iowa, again, the better Iowa gets the better PSU and tOSU have to get. I speak to coach Perry on occasion and the thing that will suprise most of you is that most high level coachs are wrestling advocates. Not against any program. They all come together as team USA and improve. Coach Perry like most 1st priority is grow the sport! You can’t do that cheating or bad mouthing other programs. This is the norm. These fan boards are great intertainmemt! Wrestling needs the enthusiasm! But most involved in these programs are on the same team a large part of the year. USA Wrestling.
Cael has bad mouthed other programs multiple times. Ask Suriano what he has said about Rutgers.

The more we argue the less likely our Coaches are gonna reach out to each other for a meet.
I'd rather see us wrestle.
You really think that? I don't think these coaches pay much attention to the boards. Nevermind, I think Cael's brother may have several TheMat accounts. Probably accesses them from his radio shack burners.

Let's say Darian Cruz was a Hawkeye and before signing day last year, Brands got a call from Spencer Lee saying he would do anything possible to become a Hawkeye. If Tom Brands knew Spencer was better than Cruz, he takes Spencer Lee or he's not doing his job.

This whining about CS recruiting over wrestlers is nothing more than sour grapes. Its literally part of the game and happens in every college sport.

Sure, when you invent very specific and favorable scenarios to fit your point, yeah, sure of course.

Let’s try a different scenario:

“Recruit, mom, dad, here is our vision, 2020 champions, 4 time AA, RTC and Olympics. We want you, we want your son, you are our guy.”

Next week in another home, “Recruit, mom, dad, here is our vision, 2020 champions, 4 time AA, RTC and Olympics. We want you, we want your son, you are our guy.”

Same weight, no concerns?

Sure, as already pointed out, realistically this type of recruiting gets out, recruits and parents hear about it, it influences their trust and decisions. Peoples’ question here is how it seems to work so well at just one place.

The rational majority here aren’t complaining if it’s, “I’ll be up front, we are hoping to bring in the best talent at all weights, iron sharpens iron and if you pull it off you’ll be well prepared for all levels.”

But if it’s the former, it’s a collective lie, because they can’t, using that invented scenario, envision multiple wrestlers at the same weight AA’ing. Are you really pretending Costello was told they believed he’d win an individual title if he came?

Your scenario was created only to demand people couldn’t disagee with you. No rational poster is saying a kid dreaming and begging to go to PSU shouldn’t be welcomed to do so.

I’d bet dollars to doughnuts you’d have a problem sitting on the couch hearing the above said to two top wrestlers at the same weight.

Let's say Gable pins Cass three times this year, next year Gable wants to transfer to Iowa, you guys are telling me, you'd want TnT to turn him down?
That isn't what they are saying at all. The message of the day is if Gable wishes to transfer to Iowa then things are as they should be and it is all good.
If however Gable wants to transfer to Penn State there should be a rule against such moves, Cael is an evil prick and that would be bullshyt.
Glad I could clear that up for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT