ADVERTISEMENT

King of the mat

sunshinedynomite

Scout Team
Dec 1, 2014
So if you start at 125 ( assuming healthy Lee) how far does he go till he is beaten

he beats ADS
Does he beat Eireman
If so he beats Murin
Is young too heavy or does he get past him
Obviously loses to bull. Too much talent and weight
Who when’s Kem v bull
Either one beats brands
I think Warner wins
Then Cass wins due to mass

your thoughts

Gable would wrestle Taylor in practice, and win from what I understand, that being said, if it's controlled, Spencer could make it all the way to Cass, if it's officiated by Angel, he doesn't make it past Eireman....

I don't know --- not many have success even wrestling up one weight class for a dual. Understand that king of mat is different, but ~16 pounds seems like a lot to give up even for a talent like Lee.

I don't know --- not many have success even wrestling up one weight class for a dual. Understand that king of mat is different, but ~16 pounds seems like a lot to give up even for a talent like Lee.
Only because it is.

So if you start at 125 ( assuming healthy Lee) how far does he go till he is beaten

he beats ADS
Does he beat Eireman
If so he beats Murin
Is young too heavy or does he get past him
Obviously loses to bull. Too much talent and weight
Who when’s Kem v bull
Either one beats brands
I think Warner wins
Then Cass wins due to mass

your thoughts
Imo, Lee stops @ Jayden.
Jayden v Young would be interesting. I think Young is to big though.
Young stops with Alex.
Alex stops @ Kem.
Kem makes it to Warner. Warner is to big.
Cass beats Warner.
Iowa's to good to have someone run through the line up.

Can someone talk to TNT and see if we can get a few of these matches in a preseason card? Definitely would pay for a Lee vs Desanto and Kem vs Bull while getting some outside competition for the others.

You have to earn the right to wrestle the king. Reverse it. Does Cass make it down to a showdown with Spencer?

Can someone talk to TNT and see if we can get a few of these matches in a preseason card? Definitely would pay for a Lee vs Desanto and Kem vs Bull while getting some outside competition for the others.
Never going to happen. Would never in a 100 years take chance on a leg injury!! In practice they might go but tightly controlled by coaches...JMO

Gable would wrestle Taylor in practice, and win from what I understand, that being said, if it's controlled, Spencer could make it all the way to Cass, if it's officiated by Angel, he doesn't make it past Eireman....
Gable while a coach in 80-81 ...saw him throw big Lou around like a rag doll. Doubt there was anyone Gable bad hip and knee couldn't beat. Oh to have those photos back.

Why is there no kind of "Dan Gable" trophy? We have about 6 different types in basketball but none for one of the greatest wrestlers of all time!!

Why is there no kind of "Dan Gable" trophy? We have about 6 different types in basketball but none for one of the greatest wrestlers of all time!!
There is. It’s a “traveling” trophy between us and ISU. You don’t hear much about it since we never have to take it out of the case. I suppose we might move it when the new wrestling complex is built, but that’s the furthest trip it’s going to take for the foreseeable future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT