ADVERTISEMENT

*****LSU vs Iowa (W) Game Thread*****

No offense but making the Elite 8 for the second year in a row is not exactly laying an egg.

I know losing a game is 100% unacceptable and everyone should be fired when it happens but shit happens in games; last year the refs made the game about them and that LSU girl went off from 3 in the first half.

Every fan of every sport should go in with the expectation that your team might lose.

And at this stage of the NCAA Tournament, all of the teams are good. When UCLA lost to LSU in the Sweet 16, they didn't lay an egg; they simply lost that day.
Exactly. At this point in the tourney, Iowa is capable of beating any team remaining on a given night, and every team in the field is also capable of beating Iowa on a given night. It's go time...

They didn't show the replay last year. But I promise you that when Mulvey was on the court, one of Iowa's players ran into her or tripped trying to avoid her.

If I'm a player, and she is on the court, I throw the ball at her. Sure a turnover, but should also be a technical foul on mulvey. Either that or run by her and run into her and fall on your face.

Get that bitch out of the game.

Trying to convince myself as an Iowa fan that this isn't just another time when an Iowa team has had a great season, and with a huge opportunity on the line we lay an egg.

I confess I've been to too many bowl games and big ten championships, and I know women's basketball is different.
Good Lord. do tell when was the last time, in the post season that THIS Iowa team laid an egg?

she must be defeated.

NSJf_4t3

Definitely the officiating will impact the game, hopefully they impact it by calling the fouls and not by "letting them play". That will determine whether the best basketball team or the highest paid team wins.
That's how I see it, as well.
Don't think good officiating will guarantee a win, without it though the Hawkeyes are going to have to be on fir
Wow….I need to apologize to this thread. There are lots of you guys in here that are proud confident fans.

Guys, don’t forget they had a girl last year go off from 3-pt range in that game. That’s why LSU won pulling away… I don’t think that’s gonna happen again, and for those of you paying close attention, we are a much better defensive team than we were last year. Now we’re never going to be Confused for the West Virginia women or Iowa State men, but we can play defense, we can chase, and we are a very good rebounding team …

Hannah Stuelke could start for any team in America I promise you… Kate Martin would be a joyful addition to any team in America. & I believe Sydney Affolter has been the wildcard to the end of our season…..

We have TALENT…. we don’t have to play otherworldly we just have to play, hard, Smart, and not lose our heads.
I disagree, Iowa has to play otherworldly. Doesn't have to be their best, but at least typical otherworldly.

I was initially dreading the Hawks having to face LSU and was rooting for every team they played to take LSU out. That said, after the Colorado game Saturday I started feeling pretty good about the matchup tonight. I think Caitlin is due for a big game and I like the Hawks depth over theirs. Hawks 88-79!

The UCLA-LSU was a high-level game that could have gone either way. This is going to be a war, and Iowa's players need to be ready to execute on offense, and battle on the boards for four quarters.

I hope eventually ALL of our fans will appreciate how good this TEAM is not just CC.

It’s been hard for me to understand. We opened as a favorite and yet it appears we still have fans that aren’t expecting to win…

It’s like they don’t believe how good we are.

Let me tell you something if the oddsmakers thought LSU was a lot better team than the spread would be in their favor but it wasn’t…

Another thing that I find interesting is that the spread hasn’t moved at all. Now maybe it will near game time but it opened it -1.5 Iowa and has stayed right there
I agree. I'll speak for myself in that I'm used to Iowa disappointing me in football and mens basketball that it's hard to change that way of thinking for the women team. I agree though, they deserve our confidence!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT