ADVERTISEMENT

Medal round

I have stamina concerns for our guys in tourneys. We are pretty solid dual team cause it’s full steam ahead for 1 match among all the guys mostly... win or lose..

We can’t seemingly keep our own pace over three grueling days, thus, I think we get the up and down rounds...

That being said, darn proud of all the guys and hoping to clinch 3rd.

Reactions: Dagboi
Favorite "new" wrestlers to watch this tournament:

1. Tariq Wilson, NC State at 133
2. Conel at 197 (win or die by the fall)
3. Bridges, Wyoming at 133

ADDED: Wilson would be in the finals if he would've come to his feet after getting to a leg in OT vs Gross. I knew he was dead to rights when he went to the mat.

Tariq Wilson bio: Prep: Ranked No. 11 at 126 pounds and No. 66 nationally by FloWrestling.org … Ranked No. 11 nationally at 126 pounds and No. 75 overall by Intermat.com … Ranked the No. 77 recruit nationally by D1collegewrestling.net … A three-time Ohio State D2 place winner … Placed second as a junior at 120 pounds with a 49-1 season record … Was also second as a sophomore at 113 pounds and a 49-2 record … As a freshman, took sixth at 106 pounds with a 48-8 season record … Placed eighth at the 2015 FloNationals at 120 pounds … Went undefeated at the NHSCA Duals in 2015 and the Disney Duals in 2014.

What development!

So once again.......hey Iowa wrestlers,

raw

Jack loses to Lee and NC State guaranteed to place after Iowa (unless we lose more points)

Tariq Wilson bio: Prep: Ranked No. 11 at 126 pounds and No. 66 nationally by FloWrestling.org … Ranked No. 11 nationally at 126 pounds and No. 75 overall by Intermat.com … Ranked the No. 77 recruit nationally by D1collegewrestling.net … A three-time Ohio State D2 place winner … Placed second as a junior at 120 pounds with a 49-1 season record … Was also second as a sophomore at 113 pounds and a 49-2 record … As a freshman, took sixth at 106 pounds with a 48-8 season record … Placed eighth at the 2015 FloNationals at 120 pounds … Went undefeated at the NHSCA Duals in 2015 and the Disney Duals in 2014.

What development!

Didn't place as a senior?

For next year we’ve heard over and over what psu and fosu will have. What do the teams right behind us like ncst, Michigan, and some others return and bring in? I know we will be better but do we have better than some of those?

Guys: You watch and see...Nick Lee is going to be a finalist for the next three years. After another year in the room with those boys this kid will be the real deal. Sure wish we had him in our room, along with SDSU's 133 and 197 pounder...LOL! :)

Favorite "new" wrestlers to watch this tournament:

1. Tariq Wilson, NC State at 133
2. Conel at 197 (win or die by the fall)
3. Bridges, Wyoming at 133

ADDED: Wilson would be in the finals if he would've come to his feet after getting to a leg in OT vs Gross. I knew he was dead to rights when he went to the mat.

I agree WRT Wilson; he had Gross. And yes, these three gents have been really funny to watch...putting it all out there with no fear!

Reactions: AFHawk86
Another observation: Red takes 7th at 141. Turk had a shot at AA as he beat Red at B1Gs. His lack of confidence on bottom cost him in the rematch.

They are both no worse than 4th place wrestlers at NCAA's. Literally.
No Shit Sherlock. And next you're going to tell me they're the first ones ever to finish higher than their seed?

There's a point I'm trying to make here, and since some of you can't seem to grasp what that is, let me type slower so you'll get it............................

Keep losing to substantially higher seeds enough times in a tournament and you'll keep looking up at the Penn States and Ohio States of the wrestling world. Enjoy.

Reactions: neversurrender
1st place will likely come down to Martin-Nickal

I think Joseph and Hall lose. Nolf and Zain win, maybe bonus. Snyder wins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT