ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs Northwestern Game Thread

No words...

301311935_2230133647155900_692147265201182686_n.jpg
Does he turn that shirt around when he walks on the plane? I can’t imagine sitting next to him on a flight from Ireland to the US. 😱

• Haha
Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Ok, so when you suck, you naturally don’t have a target on your back. But stuff like this, just don’t understand, it’s bulletin board material for your opponents. Just take the L and say the other team played well and leave it at that.

Wow! They have been poor losers in the past. I remember Gerry spouting off after the 40-10 Iowa beat down in 2016.

Reactions: Buchos
Ok, so when you suck, you naturally don’t have a target on your back. But stuff like this, just don’t understand, it’s bulletin board material for your opponents. Just take the L and say the other team played well and leave it at that.

Quite the concept...cocky when you lose.

That's a prime example of a problem from the top down.

The arrogance is astonishing.

These guys are incredible! Worst game they played all year? How can you magically fix getting absolutely run over by NW?

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
If they lose to Indiana at home...he'll be gone by Oct 3rd.

I hope he makes it through the year. Today was his 30th career loss at Nebraska, just five more and he'll be tied for 2nd on their list. Just 19 losses from tying Tom Osborne for first (and 13 of his were bowl games, so really 36 regular season), it could be a history making year.

Nebraska football under Frost is a gift that keeps on giving and I wish it would never end. Every year a losing record and no bowl game. Over the course of the offseason, they go undefeated (naturally) and tell themselves and everyone else how much talent they brought in, only for a game like yesterday or Illinois last year to kick them right in the dick.

I still remember him talking about how the Big Ten will have to adjust to Nebraska. Sorry Scotty, it turns out that if you have trash OL/DL, that's going to get exposed in the Big Ten year after year no matter how many skill guys you bring in. Maybe make your OL puke a few dozen more times and that will get everything straightened out.

Lastly, I hope Oklahoma throttles the shit out of them and shows Mr. Buford from the tweet above that today things can get a whole lot worse than today.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. Go Hawks and FBR.

Frost blames the oc, admits he made the on side kick call, and ignored the run defense and the tackling. Hope to see Frosty at the helm for years to come. Even with much more talent he’s able to get less from them.
He's just a weird guy, and when it comes down to it not that smart. Defense gave up over 500 yards to an offense that was worse than Iowa's last year, turned it over 3 times and his own decision to run a low-percentage special teams play that turned the momentum of the game. But yes, the problem is not creative enough on offense. Convenient as he is no longer calling the plays on offense.

He's just a weird guy, and when it comes down to it not that smart. Defense gave up over 500 yards to an offense that was worse than Iowa's last year, turned it over 3 times and his own decision to run a low-percentage special teams play that turned the momentum of the game. But yes, the problem is not creative enough on offense. Convenient as he is no longer calling the plays on offense.
Reminds me a bit of a hoops coach that spent some time in Iowa City about 20 years ago. Nothing is ever his fault, throws his players and coaches under the bus and arrogant as hell.

Last edited:
Love this line from the World Herald....

"Fitzgerald doesn’t own the Huskers like Kirk Ferentz or Paul Chryst does. "

But Fitzgerald does know the blueprint to beat Frost. Make the Huskers go four quarters. Test their composure, discipline and endurance. If you keep Frost in the pressure cooker, eventually, inevitably, he’ll melt. Doesn’t matter how much his roster changes, or how much money his school spends.

These guys are incredible! Worst game they played all year? How can you magically fix getting absolutely run over by NW?
I think he meant "worst team they'll play all year and they only lost by 3"

Reminds me a bit of a hoops coach that spent some time in Iowa City about 20 years ago. Nothing is ever his fault, throws his players and coaches under the bus and arrogant as hell.
In style maybe but Alford won 60 pct of his games, won 2 btt titles and was a game away from a regular season bten title. Frost has won 33 pct of his games and never seen the the postseason so he makes Alford look like a total winner by comparison😂

Man...NW's offensive line is starting to own Nebraska dline. Nebraska's offense is going to be tough to defend, but if you can't run the ball...eventually teams will figure out how to get to Thompson. Thompson won't last the year.
I would be surprised if the left tackle for Northwestern, Skoronski, isn't first team all BIG.

Reactions: SDHawkDoc
Didn't he say the worst game they will play all year?

That eludes to the idea that the first game will be the worst game they will play.
That is correct….but you (and others) misquoted him as saying ”the worst game they played all year.” See the difference? ”Played” vs. “will play.”

That is correct….but you (and others) misquoted him as saying ”the worst game they played all year.” See the difference? ”Played” vs. “will play.”

No. Sorry, I don't.

No matter which way you take it the point is that this player is saying that NW game is the worst if the season without knowing what the rest of the season looks like. So he is insinuating that looking back after the Iowa game, that will be the worst game of the year. I don't think the semantics matter in this case.

No. Sorry, I don't.

No matter which way you take it the point is that this player is saying that NW game is the worst if the season without knowing what the rest of the season looks like. So he is insinuating that looking back after the Iowa game, that will be the worst game of the year. I don't think the semantics matter in this case.
You don’t understand past tense vs. future? Ok.

I understand what the player is saying. I am pointing out that you and others misquoted him. Make fun of him all you want, but at least get the words right.

Semantics DOES matter. There is a huge difference between saying “This is the worst game we’ve played all season” after one game, and “This is the worst game we will play all season.”

There are several posts from people who did not bother to read the quote correctly making fun of the kid by saying “of course it’s the worst game they have played all season, they only played one game.” Because he did not say it was the worst game they played all season.

In any case, it’s not worth bickering about.

Last edited:
You don’t understand past tense vs. future? Ok.

I understand what the player is saying. I am pointing out that you and others misquoted him. Make fun of him all you want, but at least get the words right.

Semantics DOES matter. There is a huge difference between saying “This is the worst game we’ve played all season” after one game, and “This is the worst game we will play all season.”

There are several posts from people who did not bother to read the quote correctly making fun of the kid by saying “of course it’s the worst game they have played all season, they only played one game.” Because he did not say it was the worst game they played all season.

In any case, it’s not worth bickering about.

You are correct. Not worth arguing about.

Here is my point and then I will be done. I'm not arguing that he said he said worst game of the year but he is implying that the NW game will be the worst of the year. So no matter if you take it present tense or past tense, this player believes that they won't play a worse game than that all year.

That is crazy arrogance. That's all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT