ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2022 thread*****

I didn’t watch too much of today’s game, but Ed Howard had two nice hits, and showed some athleticism. He might be a little too big for SS? He is going to add some more muscle.
I can see why Hoyer took the PCA lottery ticket. He will be a plus glove in CF.

I didn’t watch too much of today’s game, but Ed Howard had two nice hits, and showed some athleticism. He might be a little too big for SS? He is going to add some more muscle.
I can see why Hoyer took the PCA lottery ticket. He will be a plus glove in CF.
The best thing about last year’s moves is restoring depth in the MiLB system. Hopefully at least a couple of those guys can come up and be stars/major components of good Cub teams, but just having a lot of projectable depth gives so much flexibility. I’m excited by the depth as well as the number of young arms that really seem to be developing quite well. It only took a decade to figure that bleep out.

So, I'm lifetime Cubs "fan" - fan is in quotes because I am a lousy fan. I've pretty much lost all interest in watching baseball, but I do like to follow the Cubs in the box scores and standings.

Since I haven't kept up on all the news and haven't read through 11 pages in this thread - what is the consensus on the ballclub this year? Lots of new names on the roster (which needed to happen).

My son lives in Chicago and thinks the Cubs have added enough to compete for the division title, albeit in a weak division.

Now that we are approaching opening day, what are the thoughts on 2022?

So, I'm lifetime Cubs "fan" - fan is in quotes because I am a lousy fan. I've pretty much lost all interest in watching baseball, but I do like to follow the Cubs in the box scores and standings.

Since I haven't kept up on all the news and haven't read through 11 pages in this thread - what is the consensus on the ballclub this year? Lots of new names on the roster (which needed to happen).

My son lives in Chicago and thinks the Cubs have added enough to compete for the division title, albeit in a weak division.

Now that we are approaching opening day, what are the thoughts on 2022?
Most of the experts gave the cubs finishing 3rd or 4th in division but I’ve seen more recent reports highlighting them as “surprises”

1. With the Chicago Cubs having their worst finish in eight years, the expectation is for them to continue through the growing pains they started last season when they traded away the core of their 2016 World Series team.
    But they did make a few moves this offseason to give a reason for optimism. Signing Marcus Stroman—who started 33 games last season for the New York Mets and recorded a 3.02 ERA, a 1.15 WHIP and 158 strikeouts in 179.0 innings—significantly improved Chicago's rotation.
    They also signed Japanese standout Seiya Suzuki, who hit .317/.433/.636 with 26 doubles, 38 home runs, 88 RBI, nine steals, 88 walks and 89 strikeouts in the Nippon Professional Baseball last year.
    Suzuki steps right into the middle of the Cubs' order as their everyday right fielder. If he's as good as advertised and can adjust to the velocity increase from Japan to MLB, the Cubs are suddenly feisty offensively.

I think they make the playoffs
The Reda and the Pirates simply aren't trying. The Cardinals are old, and their farm system isn't keeping up like in past decades. The Brewers seem to have slid sideways this offseason. The bullpen will be good, I think, for the Cubs. It really depends on the starters. They will score runs, especially if Jed has the courage to cut Hayward.

Frazier is so intriguing. A lot of unmet potential. If the undiagnosed concussion was the issue, and he is finally right, he has tremendous power.
Yes. I’m a goofball homer of a fan. Today Suzuki showed why Jed invested in him.

Reactions: HawkRugged17
I got an email tonight encouraging me to bring the whole family to Wrigley for opening day…
I guess sales are lagging? Tomorrow should be a good test if you can watch some of it. The regulars should get the bulk of the time. 3 pm on Marquee.

Frazier is so intriguing. A lot of unmet potential. If the undiagnosed concussion was the issue, and he is finally right, he has tremendous power.
Yes. I’m a goofball homer of a fan. Today Suzuki showed why Jed invested in him.
I was disappointed in Justin Steele's last outing. 4 walks in 2 innings.

Vargas has been a pleasant surprise this Spring.

This thread is full of "if this guy can just...etc., etc." Let's face it, the Cubs lineup is full of a whole bunch of turds were trying to polish to give us some hope that this will be a good season. It won't be. We're going to suck, and I won't need to worry about being in contention or watching or listening to meaningful games by the time Memorial Day rolls around.

Shocking news is shocking.

Reactions: mstp1992
What are your thoughts on the Cubs roster now? I’ve been trying to piece it together and kept going round on a number of players, positions, and order. I do think Madrigal leads off at 2B. But it looks like I’m not alone…

What are your thoughts on the Cubs roster now? I’ve been trying to piece it together and kept going round on a number of players, positions, and order. I do think Madrigal leads off at 2B. But it looks like I’m not alone…
I am kind of leaning towards Kaplan's projected lineup in this.

The Miley injury is the kind of stuff I was worried about with the compressed ST this year.
I know it was a SS game, but there are always nuggets to take away from a game. Today Reggie Preciado and Ed Howard turned a really slick double play up the middle. I am fascinated to see where those two guys land. Preciado was pushed a little last season, but he and Howard need a lot of refinement. The tools and athleticism are there, that's for sure.

So, they were trying to reach Taylor MacGregor during the broadcast, but couldn't get her on the air. This is an inning or two after she did an interview in the stands with the guy who caught Suzuki's first home run. I might be wrong, but I think Rick Sutcliffe said something like, "Did she run off with the guy who caught the home run? Is she having an affair"?

So, they were trying to reach Taylor MacGregor during the broadcast, but couldn't get her on the air. This is an inning or two after she did an interview in the stands with the guy who caught Suzuki's first home run. I might be wrong, but I think Rick Sutcliffe said something like, "Did she run off with the guy who caught the home run? Is she having an affair"?

Rick could be drunk.

Reactions: mstp1992
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT