ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 thread*****

I am not a Little fan, dude really needs to work on his command. Him and Cuas are way too unpredictable.

Also add that Little didn't cover first and then ****s up the double play. I know it's hard to not react, but you have to know your defense is set up right behind you specifically for that double play ball.

It's hard to gauge how good the cubs will be this year. but things are looking fine for the forseeable future. they do need better scouting or spend better money in free agency though. or more wisely.

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

I’m glad I was at a soccer tournament today and missed the shit show

sounds like Wicks is going to get scratched tomorrow and possibly an IL stent coming

• Wow
Reactions: TheCainer
It's hard to gauge how good the cubs will be this year. but things are looking fine for the forseeable future. they do need better scouting or spend better money in free agency though. or more wisely.
Like Shōta?

Starting to remind me of when I was 11 in 1985 and the entire starting rotation went on the then-DL within 3 weeks after leading the division by 6 games in June. Steve Trout fell off a stationary bike.
Well the loss of Wicks can be absorbed if Steele is back within 2 weeks. They'll just have to shuffle a bullpen arm in, but that's been a shaky group. If Steele has a set back, or another guy goes down we've got issues.

Reactions: hawkifann
Well the loss of Wicks can be absorbed if Steele is back within 2 weeks. They'll just have to shuffle a bullpen arm in, but that's been a shaky group. If Steele has a set back, or another guy goes down we've got issues.
For further depth, Thomas Pannone has thrown solid ball in Des Moines and they picked up Julio Teheran. Also, Cade Horton threw 75 pitches today, so he’s getting pretty close to being potentially in play.

For further depth, Thomas Pannone has thrown solid ball in Des Moines and they picked up Julio Teheran. Also, Cade Horton threw 75 pitches today, so he’s getting pretty close to being potentially in play.
I’d wager Pannone because he’s a throwaway if he doesn’t work. Teheran got torched a day or two ago, right? Pannone then Horton is my guess.

I’d wager Pannone because he’s a throwaway if he doesn’t work. Teheran got torched a day or two ago, right? Pannone then Horton is my guess.
Probably about right unless Teheran recovers some. Pannone and Teheran are both throw-away and one or both may have upcoming opt-outs….but yes, if you want Horton up, this is the way.

Seems like the Cubs have been loading up on other pitchers this week.

Should we be concerned?

Chicago Cubs Sign Righty Pitching Prospect Nico Zeglin​

The Chicago Cubs keep adding to the farm system, signing 24-year-old righty Nico Zeglin out of Mexico.

Formerly at Gonzaga and then Long Beach State, Zeglin was not drafted in 2023, despite ranking as the 408th best prospect in the class at Prospects Live, and seemingly being on the draft radar. I suppose that is to say, it may not be a surprise that he wasn’t drafted, but it’s a mild surprise that he didn’t sign right after the draft. Then again, we know that the new stateside roster limits can make it hard to accommodate every prospect you might otherwise want in the system, so maybe it took some injuries this year for there to be room.

https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs...bs-sign-righty-pitching-prospect-nico-zeglin/

Chance for the Cubs to take over 1st place tonight with an absolute ump show in Milwaukee gifting the Yankees a win. Can teams still officially protest games lol?

I figured we'd see two pitchers swap out. Little is cashed for a few days, and he needs to make some adjustments. I thought one of the arms coming up would be Cuas, however.

I figured we'd see two pitchers swap out. Little is cashed for a few days, and he needs to make some adjustments. I thought one of the arms coming up would be Cuas, however.
I had a similar thought and Palencia’s numbers down have been dreadful (though possibly blown up by 1 horrendous outing, I didn’t go through the game logs). Makes me wonder if Cuas is working on a very specific change (new pitch, new grip, something like that) and they don’t want to pull him back up until that’s ready.

Well, that sucked balls. Not sure about Happ on that one, he's got to be able to come get that ball. Swanson running away from the infield and sliding doesn't throw anyone out.

Reactions: TheCainer
Well, that sucked balls. Not sure about Happ on that one, he's got to be able to come get that ball. Swanson running away from the infield and sliding doesn't throw anyone out.

Runner wasn't tagging (For some reason) ... may not have went home.

Yeah, no clue why Happ was playing so deep with no outs and a fast runner on 3rd

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT