ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 thread*****

big brother bb20 GIF by Big Brother After Dark

It almost feels like the Cubs need to steal a win tonight. It's probably the toughest SP match up tonight, and with a 2 game offensive drought they need JT to toss a good game.

I was just asking myself when Morel was going to finally connect again.

Maybe I should do that every time he comes up?

Reactions: IaHawks03
As a Brewers fan who pops in/reads this thread occasionally, I have to admit the Cubs have the best team in the division on paper.
That said, I can't say the Brewers would have won their last 2 games, but the umps have ensured losses w botched calls. We'll see if they admit fault tonight like they did yesterday.

Any game Neris closes out for a win at this point is a steal. He’s a freaking heart attack every time he takes the mound.
Solid win, though. They scratched around and won the game. Kudos to JT for a helluva start when the team needed him.
Neris brings back memories of Mitch Williams.😱

They’ve really been conservative with his arm. Only letting him go ~60 pitches per outing, even less than last year’s average so far. It will be interesting to see what happens as he continues to get stretched out. I think we’ll see him in Chicago late this season; only question is what his role will be…
I'm pretty sure he'll come out of the BP, or if he starts it's on a tight pitch count. He was dominating at AA. He shouldn't have been there, but clearly they didn't want him pitching in cold weather just yet.
The AAA staff has gotten pretty thin, so this move was about 2 weeks overdue.

Reactions: TheCainer
As the lone Brewers fan on this forum, you guys can be honest w me, I won't tell anyone....you've paid off the umps for 3 games now in Milwaukee right? I can't ever remember ump shows for 3 consecutive games against a team. Unreal.

They’ve really been conservative with his arm. Only letting him go ~60 pitches per outing, even less than last year’s average so far. It will be interesting to see what happens as he continues to get stretched out. I think we’ll see him in Chicago late this season; only question is what his role will be…
He’s building up. He’ll be at young starter pitch count levels soon. In his 4 starts, he’s gone 53, 47, 58 and 72 pitches. They’ll get him stretched to 75+, maybe even 80-90 and then they will be careful with him. Look for him to throw 125-135 innings this year if he starts all year.

Bryan Smith, one of the Cubs prospect writers has stuck with his prediction of seeing Cade by Memorial Day. Not sure I see that, but if the injuries continue, we will see him sooner than we might think. If guys come back and things stabilize, then we’ll see him later this season as long as he’s healthy and producing.

Did you see the ejection that proceeded that? Uribe wouldn't have even been in the game. That said, he's a known hothead so not the best look.
Watched the game and much of the series. The ump crew had a very bad couple of games but last night was pretty pathetic. Peralta shouldn’t have been thrown out and Guccione was particularly feisty, not a good look. Correct, though, Uribe is a knucklehead.

Reactions: wausauhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT