ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 thread*****

Happy The Rock GIF

Reactions: like-woahh
Don't think Happ, Madrigal or Amaya need to worry about buying dinner tonight; PCA and Neris will be footing the bill.

I thought the Cubs got a real break on the replay.

I went to take a leak to get ready for extra innings and came back outside and the game was over.

It's seems like the Cubs never get those decisions.

Go Cubs go!!!
Initially I thought the same thing. However, on closer replay angles it looked like the runner may have raised his hand before crossing HP, which I assume the HP umpire saw. Since there has to be overwhelming evidence to overturn a call, I think that worked out to the Cubs' advantage, finally.

I thought the Cubs got a real break on the replay.

I went to take a leak to get ready for extra innings and came back outside and the game was over.

It's seems like the Cubs never get those decisions.

Go Cubs go!!!
the umps got it right, just because the runner beat the ball to the base there wasn't clear cut evidence that shows him touching the base. If it had been called safe to begin with then the same non-evidence would have led to not reversing.

That’s a solid summary. This is classic rookie stuff, also exacerbated by the overall weakening of the lineup without Seiya and Belli.

Early in the season when the offense was at full strength not only was he being pitched to like a rookie with a lot of fastballs (as noted in the piece), but he was also starting as like a tertiary threat. Now the lineup isn’t nearly as deep and Busch is a bigger threat, so give him a steady diet of offspeed until he beats you on that.

I’m not especially worried at this point, there was always going to be a stretch like this where pitchers adjusted.

Boys, when we get a closer and get healthy…we are going to run away with the Central
Yep, as mentioned by you and @hawkifann
No Suzuki and no Bellinger and everything else gets so much harder offensively. A closer can be found internally, or traded for. I don’t think Counsel is 100 percent traditional when it comes to closers, unless he’s got a lock down closer like Hader. Start looking around for teams that need to shed payroll to start talking about Memorial Day. Jed left himself room to take on a closer’s salary, or to trade some real assets if needed.

A relief pitcher isn’t the Cubs biggest need left and a third baseman are bigger. Four runs in three games isn’t going to cut it. Getting Bellinger back will help immensely and hopefully the rookies can keep improving.

OK, what PCA just did there, is that legal? He was holding his helmet and touching 2nd base with it. Does that count as touching the base?

ETA: I have the game on mute as I am on a call, so not sure if they are discussing on the call.

Reactions: lucas80
OK, what PCA just did there, is that legal? He was holding his helmet and touching 2nd base with it. Does that count as touching the base?

ETA: I have the game on mute as I am on a call, so not sure if they are discussing on the call.
good question

EDIT: announcers said he should have been called OUT

Last edited:
That’s 5 games we have pissed away.

How long are we gonna sit and do nothing? These games mean just as much as those after the AS break.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I wasn't able to watch the game today but looking at the box score the Cubs were 4-19 with RISP. Sounds like they had lots of opportunities. Gomes 0-4.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT