ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 thread*****

Bleacher Nation is reporting that Canario may be called up. They didn't know what the corresponding roster move might be.

Maybe they are going to DFA Suzuki?😉

Bleacher Nation is reporting that Canario may be called up. They didn't know what the corresponding roster move might be.

Maybe they are going to DFA Suzuki?😉
Twitter doesn’t handle a news vacuum very well. Seeing all kinds of speculation that Seiya is hurt based on him pulling up on a run to 1B yesterday or that Morel is going on the shelf with a hand injury (Counsell has said his hand has been bothering him since a foul ball swing a few days ago). We’ll see. I think Jesse Rogers was first on the report of Canario coming up, but he didn’t have the corresponding move.

Seiya out for a month with an oblique is why Canario is up. DAMNIT this team is getting hit hard by the injury bug. Hopefully stay the course and be a little over .500 at the end of May and go from there.

• Sad
Reactions: TheCainer
I hope they give Canario starts in RF and don’t just try and slip Tauchmann into Suzuki’s spot. Canario has the offensive production ability to fill in and needs regular ABs.

I remember those 2 no-hitters. He didn't strike out a hitter against the Braves in the first one, and Henry Aaron hit a ball that would have been a HR except that the wind blew it back into the left field well where Billy Williams made the catch.

The second one was a night game in Cincinnati. I remember the excitement in Vince Lloyd's voice as he called the final out on WGN radio.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

I remember those 2 no-hitters. He didn't strike out a hitter against the Braves in the first one, and Henry Aaron hit a ball that would have been a HR except that the wind blew it back into the left field well where Billy Williams made the catch.

The second one was a night game in Cincinnati. I remember the excitement in Vince Lloyd's voice as he called the final out on WGN radio.

• Love
Boy, it's rough watching Nico and Belli swinging and missing at balls in the middle of the zone that they usually hit the crap out of. Hope those 2 can figure it out soon. The team needs them to produce.

Boy, it's rough watching Nico and Belli swinging and missing at balls in the middle of the zone that they usually hit the crap out of. Hope those 2 can figure it out soon. The team needs them to produce.
You have to wonder if David Ross isn’t talking to them when they’re away from the team. Ross is telling them to not to listen to Craig Counsell.

My favorite part of the play was how Nico didn't yank a hamstring rounding 3rd.
The team really needed this one. It's a long road trip and you just lost your stating RF for at least a month. They are well positioned to win this road trip, and come back home to play the woeful Marlins.

And Justin Steele and Jameson Taillon working there way back.

Reactions: hawkifann
Big shout-out to K. Thompson, whom I think had his best performance since '22 with two shutout innings despite the "runner on 2nd" extra innings rule. I've been critical of him, but nothing would make me happier than his having a solid season for the Cubs' bullpen.
Yep. He had another nice multi inning performance when the BP is severely stressed.
Fingers crossed that KH finds his control and goes at least 6, because the BP is running on fumes.

It’s a hell of a difference what a manager makes.
Craig Counsell cares about baseball. The only things David Ross cared about was 2016 World Series, Dancing With the Stars and the Chicago social scene. Ross thought he was a bigger sports icon in Chicago than Michael Jordan, Walter Payton and Dick Butkus.

It’s a hell of a difference what a manager makes.
Craig Counsell cares about baseball. The only things David Ross cared about was 2016 World Series, Dancing With the Stars and the Chicago social scene. Ross thought he was a bigger sports icon in Chicago than Michael Jordan, Walter Payton and Dick Butkus.
For clarification Ross +/-= <> Asians in your eyes?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT