ADVERTISEMENT

**Official FSU vs. North Alabama Thread**

After watching the replay of the tackle that took out JT multipletimes, the more I am convinced that was dirty as hell. The defender threw himself into the back of his legs. Now, I don't think he figured he was going to cause a compound fracture with that move but he has to know the odds of injury are very high when you do that.

They came to play dirty. See also the hit on Benson 5 yards out of bounds. Someone mentioned another play where a UNA player rolled up on the legs of one of our running backs.

ACC refs are a joke. I couldn't hear the exact words but after one of the really bad penalty calls last night, it sounded like the fans in the stadium were chanting "ACC SUX"

Wait until Bama beats Georgia in the SECCG. Committee will be drooling, and if Washington wins out, it will be-
BIG Champ
Washington
Georgia
Bama
Nope. Not happening. Georgia lost their last game and did not even win their conference and FSU would be undefeated and just beat a top 10 team. Two one loss SEC teams are not getting in over a zero loss FSU or Washington. Important to remember FSU is undefeated and a predicted playoff contender ranked 6 preseason. They are not a Cinderella story like a TCU coming out of nowhere and running the table. They also are a ratings bonanza. The playoff is way better with four conference champs.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
They came to play dirty. See also the hit on Benson 5 yards out of bounds. Someone mentioned another play where a UNA player rolled up on the legs of one of our running backs.

ACC refs are a joke. I couldn't hear the exact words but after one of the really bad penalty calls last night, it sounded like the fans in the stadium were chanting "ACC SUX"
We were chanting Refs you suck.

After watching the replay of the tackle that took out JT multipletimes, the more I am convinced that was dirty as hell. The defender threw himself into the back of his legs. Now, I don't think he figured he was going to cause a compound fracture with that move but he has to know the odds of injury are very high when you do that.
Yep, he was getting dragged by JT and tried creating leverage the only way he could. Don’t like it one bit.

Yep, he was getting dragged by JT and tried creating leverage the only way he could. Don’t like it one bit.
Very dirty team entire game. If I was a AD I would send staff a memo (that of course would get leaked to the press) that would state simply under no circumstance will FSU ever schedule UNA in any sport ever again. I would also take a hard look at scheduling any crap FCS team ever again. These kids were overmatched and playing dirty with a chip on shoulder as the unranked to two star recruits they were. No need getting NFL type stars injured like that. You see the same thing in overmatched high school games.

Nope. Not happening. Georgia lost their last game and did not even win their conference and FSU would be undefeated and just beat a top 10 team. Two one loss SEC teams are not getting in over a zero loss FSU or Washington. Important to remember FSU is undefeated and a predicted playoff contender ranked 6 preseason. They are not a Cinderella story like a TCU coming out of nowhere and running the table. They also are a ratings bonanza. The playoff is way better with four conference champs.
Okay. Just remember that the CFP is driven by ESPN.

New poll Tuesday will have Washington at 4 and FSU at 5 based on the QB's injury. Bama will be up to 7.

Okay. Just remember that the CFP is driven by ESPN.

New poll Tuesday will have Washington at 4 and FSU at 5 based on the QB's injury. Bama will be up to 7.
Oh it for sure will. And Michigan or OSU will be losing a game in 6 days and FSU will then be 4 again if they beat UF. Loser there falls behind Oregon and Alabama. Winner of PAC 10 and SEC showdowns are in, losers are out unless FSU loses which for sure could happen. And then Texas also in the mix. But a zero loss FSU is 100 percent in over a one loss team.

Our D will have to ball out and offensive line get their crap together. Stable of running backs and two elite receivers help. Need a good game plan for Tate too. He has a good and accurate arm but he is still slow processing right now. Tends to lock on one receiver and holds onto the ball. That comes with real game experience (if at all).

If Tate struggles early at UF we may see Brock in some series due to his running ability and also having a good arm. It’s desperation time in two giant games with very inexperienced QBs…

We can win both though.

I did see one play where Tate was staring down a receiver waiting for the receiver to come open but there was no safety nearby to step in and pick him off. As for him holding on to the ball too long, I saw repeated mention of that elsewhere but I see it differently. He's not panicking and running off at the first sign of pressure as you often see green qbs do. Hopefully Dominic Robinson does a film breakdown this week for Miserychant, NoleWR, a former walk on player and Miserychant poster, now known as Doc Staples, does a film review every week. I want to watch all of those this week.

I can see why people people are excited about Brock Glenn. He doesn't look to be anywhere near as ready as Tate but he missed half the season with a hand injury. However, with a limited playbook we could win the next two weeks with him, our other skill players and our defense.

Last edited:
I did see one play where Tate was staring down a receiver waiting for the receiver to come open but there was no safety nearby to step in and pick him off. As for him holding on to the ball too long, I saw repeated mention of that elsewhere but I see it differently. He's not panicking and running off at the first sign of pressure as you often see green qbs do. I can see why people people are excited about Brock Glenn. He doesn't look to be anywhere near as ready as Tate but he missed half the season with a hand injury. However, with a limited playbook we could win the next two weeks with him, our other skill players and our defense.
Maybe, he also was playing UNA and getting some protection he won’t have next game. I will say one thing I know is he is a tad faster than some realize. Another big thing is he has less experience with starting receivers. Going to take a bit of time getting use to throwing to them vs his normal practice targets.

Maybe, he also was playing UNA and getting some protection he won’t have next game. I will say one thing I know is he is a tad faster than some realize. Another big thing is he has less experience with starting receivers. Going to take a bit of time getting use to throwing to them vs his normal practice targets.

Tate executes screen passing plays as well as anyone that I can remember in a long time. Maybe that's because he's a coach's son. I hated screen passes since JeffBall but that's probably because they never worked. One thing that I remember clearly from last year vs Louisville was Tate running surprisingly well. There is a highlight video of his plays from that game in the Natty thread, I will see if I can find it.

Tate executes screen passing plays as well as anyone that I can remember in a long time. Maybe that's because he's a coach's son. I hated screen passes since JeffBall but that's probably because they never worked. One thing that I remember clearly from last year vs Louisville was Tate running surprisingly well. There is a highlight video of his plays from that game in the Natty thread, I will see if I can find it.
One X factor that may work in our favor to win out and make playoffs still is this team is very very likely to come together and rally behind winning for JTrav. It may not take them to a Title but I think that energy can get them through next two games.

I had never heard of a hip drop tackle until last night. I’m not watching the JT play or the Ravens player getting hurt. Here is a rugby video explaining the three criteria for hip drop tackle.

I understand leverage and takedowns from judo and BJJ. If you did something like this that is clearly intended to cause injury, you would get your ass beat and then banned from the gym/school.

What is and isn't a hip drop tackle | NRL Explainer | 2023

Last edited:
I had never heard of a hip drop tackle until last night. I’m not watching the JT play or the Ravens player getting hurt. Here is a rugby video explaining the three criteria for hip drop tackle.

I understand leverage and takedowns from judo and BJJ. If you did something like this that is clearly intended to cause injury, you would get your ass beat and then banned from the gym/school.

What is and isn't a hip drop tackle | NRL Explainer | 2023

I think it will be examined in the rules but it’s probably going to take a mahomes level player injury to really change things.

I think it will be examined in the rules but it’s probably going to take a mahomes level player injury to really change things.
Yep. Part of issue is bit trickier to tell if on purpose or from motion and gravity vs horse collar or facemask tackles.

There is absolutely no justification for allowing that at any level. I saw some former player and current media commentator whining last night about “how are you supposed to tackle someone from behind if you can’t tackle like that.” I have been watching this game since 1971 and that type of tackle hasn’t been a thing until this week. Defensive players have been able to make tackles without intentionally throwing their weight into the back of players legs.

We don’t allow offensive players to chop block from the front. We don’t allow high low blocks where one offensive player stands a defender up and then another takes out his legs. Why on earth would we allow a defensive player to intentionally throw or drop their weight into the back of a ball carrier’s legs.

Yep. Part of issue is bit trickier to tell if on purpose or from motion and gravity vs horse collar or facemask. I could see it being even more irritating than targeting replays.

Very dirty team entire game. If I was a AD I would send staff a memo (that of course would get leaked to the press) that would state simply under no circumstance will FSU ever schedule UNA in any sport ever again. I would also take a hard look at scheduling any crap FCS team ever again. These kids were overmatched and playing dirty with a chip on shoulder as the unranked to two star recruits they were. No need getting NFL type stars injured like that. You see the same thing in overmatched high school games.
Don’t we have Jimbo to thank for this? I seem to recall he wanted to emulate the SEC practice of scheduling cupcakes before the end of the year rivalry games.

Reactions: noleclone2
Don’t we have Jimbo to thank for this? I seem to recall he wanted to emulate the SEC practice of scheduling cupcakes before the end of the year rivalry games.

It’s not every small time school that plays dirty. The last time I remember this happening was against the Citadel. If I remember correctly, they had a guy who intentionally injured a couple of our players. I had to look this up; it was 2014.

It’s not every small time school that plays dirty. The last time I remember this happening was against the Citadel. If I remember correctly, they had a guy who intentionally injured a couple of our players. I had to look this up; it was 2014.
Yep but a FCS school. Jacksonville State players were cheap shotting too.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
I don't know about my fellow Noles, but I'm not quite shaking this J-Trav thing. At this point, I couldn't care less about the Ws/Ls, I feel so badly for Travis. He represents everything great about our program? He's such a remarkable kid and face of the program.

#Finishfor13 is trending for a reason.

Yeah, I am very bummed out for him and the team. I'd said yesterday that he has become one of my favorite Noles of all time - not just because he has been a great player for us but because he has done it with class, humility, and hard work.

Yeah, I am very bummed out for him and the team. I'd said yesterday that he has become one of my favorite Noles of all time - not just because he has been a great player for us but because he has done it with class, humility, and hard work.

JT is one of the all time greats right behind the three title winning QBs. He resurrected our program when it was nearly dead.

I don't know about my fellow Noles, but I'm not quite shaking this J-Trav thing. At this point, I couldn't care less about the Ws/Ls, I feel so badly for Travis. He represents everything great about our program? He's such a remarkable kid and face of the program.

#Finishfor13 is trending for a reason.
Same. Can’t even bring myself to watch anything college football related in fear of having to hear anything more about the injury, team, playoff, etc. Not waiving a white flag for the next two games (not like I matter or do anything for the team)…just care a lot less.

Any word on Benson?

“What’s up y’all, it’s Jordan, just wanted to let you know I’m doing good,” Travis said. “Feeling good. Got a smile on my face. Just going to follow God’s plan, man. God has a journey for me and I’m going to trust him every step of the way. I appreciate y’all for all the messages. Go ‘Noles.”

“What’s up y’all, it’s Jordan, just wanted to let you know I’m doing good,” Travis said. “Feeling good. Got a smile on my face. Just going to follow God’s plan, man. God has a journey for me and I’m going to trust him every step of the way. I appreciate y’all for all the messages. Go ‘Noles.”

I did see one play where Tate was staring down a receiver waiting for the receiver to come open but there was no safety nearby to step in and pick him off. As for him holding on to the ball too long, I saw repeated mention of that elsewhere but I see it differently. He's not panicking and running off at the first sign of pressure as you often see green qbs do. Hopefully Dominic Robinson does a film breakdown this week for Miserychant, NoleWR, a former walk on player and Miserychant poster, now known as Doc Staples, does a film review every week. I want to watch all of those this week.

I can see why people people are excited about Brock Glenn. He doesn't look to be anywhere near as ready as Tate but he missed half the season with a hand injury. However, with a limited playbook we could win the next two weeks with him, our other skill players and our defense.

Link them when / if you find them please. ?

Reactions: TC Nole OX
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT