ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Illinois State at Iowa game thread***

Good first half. Left some points on the board but at least we're seeing a team with some fire.

I for one am glad that when they got the block they just didn't "sit on it" like old teams used to do and actually let CJ launch one down field and try to put some more points on the board.

17-0 is a solid score at halftime, but 2 PI's, a Personal Foul Penalty AND a too many men on the field (which is ridiculous) is something they've DEFINITELY gotta clean up in the 2nd half if they wanna salt this away.

Solid first half. Looked good on both sides of the ball. Hats off to Ferentz for having the boys ready to go today and doing things he has not been known for. Again, clock management was a little bit of an issue but not going to beat a dead horse there. Excited for CJB and the run game, think we can do big things this year. Hope Smith can get going, looks like they are playing pretty decent defense on him. I know CJB is trying to get to him. My worry was on the defense and they have proved that they could go good things this year as well. I know we are playing Illini State, but they are no slouch.

Keep the pressure on and start 1-0 boyz.

Definitely looking better and with passion, but some clean up work to do. Should win by 30+ and get backups some pt.

It's the coaching.
Obvious Troll is obvious. Out of 8 posts. Welcome to ignore.

1. It's the coaching.
2. If Ferentz did not waste that time out early, we have plenty of time to score a TD here
3. Again with the coaching miscues leading to penalties. You can just see this will come back to bite us. If not now, sometime.
4. Clearly this team has no discipline. Key penalties will lead to a score here. Ferentz needs to go if he can not get this under control.
5. Not a good sign folks. Looks like we have no faith in our kicking game. Going to be a long season

He has looked perfectly fine. The ones he got rid of he had to throw away dude to pressure. Don't be dumb.
CJB has had a few overthrown passes on plays he had all day back there. He's been a solid leader and good QB but he has had some miscues. Just needs to get in a rythm throwing.

Make no mistake, the screen at the end of the half wasn't intended to do what it did. It was intended to gain a couple yards so we could run out the clock and say we tried.

Yeah - good, not great half.

Nit-picking here, not hating...

Iowa, like we've seen several times the last couple years, had a lapse in concentration after jumping to a lead in the 1st. The good sign though was even with the numerous mistakes in the 2nd Q, they both held ISU scoreless and added that late FG.

But let's face it. They could be up 2 more TD's.

I'd like to think the game is "over", but I'll reserve judgment until after ISU's opening drive of the 2nd half.

Obvious Troll is obvious. Out of 8 posts. Welcome to ignore.

1. It's the coaching.
2. If Ferentz did not waste that time out early, we have plenty of time to score a TD here
3. Again with the coaching miscues leading to penalties. You can just see this will come back to bite us. If not now, sometime.
4. Clearly this team has no discipline. Key penalties will lead to a score here. Ferentz needs to go if he can not get this under control.
5. Not a good sign folks. Looks like we have no faith in our kicking game. Going to be a long season

Just trying to fit in. Isn't this how it is done?

Good to hear that CJB has finally matured enough to lead a collegiate football team. Folks said in December of last year he didn't have the maturity level necessary to lead a team. January of 2015 his maturity level grew at an exponential rate. He is a pronounced leader of men.

It's clear how important that 6 week maturation period was. I think had he not matured, Iowa would be in a tie ball game.

Really what Iowa football is all about is maturity.

Reactions: HawkeyeinOmaha
And the score is bitchers 13 people bitching about the bitchers 13. We got a good, close game going :D

lol, exactly. Some people will never be happy even though a lot of these same posters had them beating us or at least a close game.

Just reading through the thread now, I'll bet a lot of these posters are pissed that Iowa is up 17 zip at the half. Good grief.....

Make no mistake, the screen at the end of the half wasn't intended to do what it did. It was intended to gain a couple yards so we could run out the clock and say we tried.
That's exactly what a screen is intended to do. Most probably thought they'd run it and then run the clock out. Caught the defense with it.

Good to hear that CJB has finally matured enough to lead a collegiate football team. Folks said in December of last year he didn't have the maturity level necessary to lead a team. January of 2015 his maturity level grew at an exponential rate. He is a pronounced leader of men.

It's clear how important that 6 week maturation period was. I think had he not matured, Iowa would be in a tie ball game.

Really what Iowa football is all about is maturity.
Part of it was not knowing who the qb was for sure.

A decent team would be up at least 4 TDs if they dominated the stats this way. And like someone else noted, that Canzeri run at the end that lead to a FG was never intended so. And CJ needs to stop taking so many bumps and hits. The receivers aren't separating either. If ISU swapped their DE for Ott, the score would be reversed.

Did I miss anything?

Reactions: MepoDawg#
ISUr is going to run screens in Ott's direction on most 3rd and long situations. Smart, but can be shut down.

Wrs not getting open is not good against fcs team. Nit picking but wow, come on.... Sputter.... D is good but it's hot today... Can't be content...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT