ADVERTISEMENT

****Official Iowa vs Minnesota game thread****

On the bright side the NBA scouts at his next evaluation will say nah go back to school for your senior year
If that is the case and I am Cook and I want to play another year in college....I switch my major (if he isn't already on pace) so that I can graduate in three years and then grad transfer. He needs to play with a good PG. Fran has failed this program by not recruiting an athletic PG and that is what it takes to be a top tier team in this league (and the Power 5 for that matter).

Just noticed nunge during the last timeout. Excited to see the floor open up next year with him at the 4 spot. It’ll really clean the lane for Garza and kriener.
Cook can’t make anything outside 3 feet.

Cook is way overrated. He has a big head. He needs to face the reality to get better - today’s turnovers were unforgivable

Reactions: kmorgan12
Worst all-around game Doodle has ever seen from Cook....primarily because of the unforced errors and really suspect defense (we already knew he was a sketchy FT shooter...so an off-night from the charity stripe shouldn't come as a major surprise).
Apparently he’s like 70% (which surprised me) so even the FT shooting was uncharacteristically bad tonight

If Connors foul in the first half was intentional, why aren't these end of game fouls intentional?

sort of a double standard. That said, Connor grabbed the guys waste instead of going for the ball. I thought he had higher Bball IQ.

It’s still dumb. Connor was beat so he grabbed the guy. If he would have ran into him and reached for the ball it would have been a common foul. So because he tries not to hurt the guy he gets punished for it. Doesn’t make sense at all.

Few things.

Did Fran go yelling at Dailey at the end of the game?

That is three straight shitty halves of basketball.

Another loss to a top half team.

Cook started the season working on all parts of his game. He was passing well. Playing better defense and rebounding better. Lately he’s back to last years Cook.

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
Worst all-around game Doodle has ever seen from Cook....primarily because of the unforced errors and really suspect defense (we already knew he was a sketchy FT shooter...so an off-night from the charity stripe shouldn't come as a major surprise).
Apparently he’s like 70% (which surprised me) so even the FT shooting was uncharacteristically bad tonight
So much easier to make ft’s when up 20. Cook’s percentage in a tight game can’t be good

Tyler Cook has played in one Iowa road win over the last two years. He’s pretty much a headcase when he’s not in carver.

Reactions: Buffalo43
As good as Garza is on offense, he's as bad on defense. Can't fault his effort he just doesn't have the footspeed and lateral mobility.
He won't be able to do much about the lack of athletic ability, but he's a smart kid and let's hope he can use that to learn how to be more efficient with his movements.

Can't believe Fran hasn't received a T tonight. Not for lack of effort on his part.

When Cook just rebounded and deferred in the Illinois game, that should be the blueprint moving forward. It won't and this team will suffer for it. TC has to play "his" game. And that is on Fran.

He's streaky. That 70% is a little deceiving. He has had nights like tonight before...where he just throws up a bunch of clunkers at the line. But the unforced errors and especially the almost complete lack of defense were really unusual and unforgivable for a player of his stature and importance to the team.

I’d like to see Fran call Cook out in the press conference. Normally I’m 100 percent against this, but if you don’t care out the team I’m not worried abt. your feelings.

We had some “leaders” vanish tonight, but hats off to Luka in spite of his awful d, he fought to the end.

I blame Fran for the shit he lets Tyler Cook get away with

WE didn't lose because Tyler Cook. We gave up 52 pts in 1st half, that is why we lost.

Tyler Cook has most physical talents on the team. Fran probably had to give him the carrot that this would be Tyler's team to keep him at Iowa. After Cook is gone, less turnovers but we will miss a guy that can get his own shot from low post. I don't think it will be addition by subtraction..just more of the same.. middle of the pack Iowa b-ball, nothing special.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT