ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Iowa vs. Nova rd. 2 game thread*****

Nice board Woody
Ha! Woody is wasted space. Watch him, can't jump, can't catch non athlete.
Were just an avg team though so maybe it's just gettin magnified vs good teams. We should & shoulda been gettin young ATHLETES ready for future.

I don't understand why Iowa isn't hustling. This is probably the last game in many of their college careers and they aren't going to leave is all out there? Villanova is out hustling us to loose balls and rebounds.

Reactions: NI hawk
It's scary how good Nova is playing. Can they keep it up?
Nice to see Baer playing fearlessly. CW getting some valuable experience.

Open the thread, and the VERY FIRST post that I see is an Iowaaah fan whining about the refs. What a surprise.

Not really. It's just like sun rising. So we've already determined the reason why if/when Iowaaah loses.

Nobody here now or ever has cared about Oklahoma. It's a very strange obsession that you have.

Open the thread, and the VERY FIRST post that I see is an Iowaaah fan whining about the refs. What a surprise.

Not really. It's just like sun rising. So we've already determined the reason why if/when Iowaaah loses.
Not really. Nova has been very active on the boards, is shooting the ball extremely well, while we've been a bit sloppy in handling the ball and have missed some shots you just can't miss.

But thanks for playing.

SMART play by Baer to back off the ball handler and force a time out. That kid has the highest B ball IQ I've seen from an Iowa player probably since BJ Armstrong.

Jeff BorzelloESPN Staff Writer
borzello_jeff_m.jpg

Villanova didn't seem that all concerned yesterday with a specific player guarding Jarrod Uthoff -- and now we see why. The Wildcats are switching on screens and hand-offs, and at least four players have defended Uthoff so far. There was also a 1-3-1 zone on a couple possessions.

Nova may be better than us but overcoming their hand checking while getting called for touch fouls on the other end is impossible

What the hell?!!! Nobody from Nova even called a timeout!!!! The officials just blew the whistle then Wright signaled it!! That is a fact!

I think you can say it too, can't you? Meaning he made the sign after verbally saying it. I don't know the rule anymore as I feel like it has changed, but would guess most refs know the coach's voices and will give them that call verbally. They cannot be looking both directions at nice anyway.

Where's that 3rd team all American?

U r so so right. Sad. But a fact of life.

I'm calling it now. If this team somehow finds a way to win today it will be the biggest victory since Iowa beat 'Cusebto go to Elite 8.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT