ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Iowa vs. Nova rd. 2 game thread*****

You I can see why pre game a strategy of turning the ball over, missing layups and watching Nova shoot 96 percent was gonna work on paper. But, it hasn't translated to the game. Let's change the strategy.

Reactions: spiderland
Good thing a freshman walk on can cover for all our senior "leaders" in the last game of the year.

Iowa will never pull an upset against a 1 seed or 2 seed. I am convinced of it, as many times in my life that we've faced them. Iowa always chokes and gets ran off the court (minus Woolridge vs Kentucky).

It's scary how good Nova is playing. Can they keep it up?
Nice to see Baer playing fearlessly. CW getting some valuable experience.
It's scary how good Nova is playing. Can they keep it up?
Nice to see Baer playing fearlessly. CW getting some valuable experience.

It's still early but this is the way Villanova plays - tons of heart, grit and hustle. They do go on stretches where they get cold shooting. They make opponent earn their points.

This is going to be a hard one to watch to its conclusion, if things don't change. We're playing soft. This is not a matchup where we can win with a finesse game. We need to get in their faces on defense. We also look to be a step slow, which has resulted in multiple fouls. Baer seems to be the only one playing with any assertion or energy. I'm wondering how much of what we're seeing is due to fatigue from a late, overtime game on Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT