ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Iowa @ Wisconsin game thread*****

Get us a new coach. Ughhh
How many years do we have to endure the Fran shit show of average results.
Not the players fault.
Francis is worthless.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Haha. JBo got his stats. Game looks closer that it was.

this-is-fine-its-fine.gif

I guess we can start talking about how much of an improvement Dasonte Bowen will be over Joe T and Ulis. Geesh, Iowa is where guards go to digress.

We let Tom Davis go and he always won a first round game. Fran has done better than the two that followed him. The Big Ten is the toughest conference top to bottom. I think he’s done a decent job. With that said I think Kirk did a good job getting ten wins and some of you wizards want him fired too.

Alford was sent packing for mediocre results

Alford vs Fran:

Alford win 1 or 2 B1G ten tourney tites and finished 2nd once.....Fran has never made the finals in 11 years.
Alford had a sweet16 at SW Missouri state, Fran has zero sweet16s in his 36 year career
Fran is now below 0.500 in B1G play.... I believe Alford had a same or better B1G record, certainly he did
after you throw in BTT results.

Fran is okay. He's needs to embrace defense. He has to want to improve. I don't see that side of him.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

Alford vs Fran:

Alford win 1 or 2 B1G ten tourney tites and finished 2nd once.....Fran has never made the finals in 11 years.
Alford had a sweet16 at SW Missouri state, Fran has zero sweet16s in his 36 year career
Fran is now below 0.500 in B1G play.... I believe Alford had a same or better B1G record, certainly he did

Fran is okay. He's needs to embrace defense. He has to want to improve. I don't see that side of him.
Fran > Alford especially considering what each had to start at Iowa with. Who cares who had a sweet 16 while coaching NOT at Iowa.

Play josh and riley please going forward

Yes, I think so because the rebouding/lack of post defender is killing team

JBO needs to go to bench.

I don't understand Fran going with a non-scorer like CMAC and being weak in post when he could
just go with a bigger center the minutes CMAC plays and still not get scoring, but at least upgrade rebounding.

Said this in the first five minutes. Sure enough, Riley actually gave us some good minutes tonight. He needs to play against bigger teams like Wisconsin, Purdue, Michigan
Yeah, you can't win with this level of rebounding.

Rebraca is a poor rebounder and Patrick is maybe the worst 6'9 rebounder ever.

May as well play Mulvey. Really can't be worse.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
Alford vs Fran:

not a huge Fran fan but I think Alford had some questionable ethics. Not sure where that goes in the breakdown

At least he’s aggressive and takes the ball up strong. Needs to stop trying to avoid contact and get to the line

Yep, he's just missing right now. In a funk but he still adds a ton to the team.
Have you been seeing how much better Davidson is then jbo? Their are both on the d-bag spectrum so why wouldn’t you want the better of the two
I despise Davison. He's way better than Bohannon at everything other than maybe hitting 3s.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
Yeah, you can't win with this level of rebounding.

Rebraca is a poor rebounder and Patrick is maybe the worst 6'9 rebounder ever.

May as well play Mulvey. Really can't be worse.
The upside of this team is extremely limited due to limited scoring from our guards and rebounding issues. We now have a great opportunity to let players like Mulvey, Sandfort and Perkins cut their teeth in extended minutes. Won’t happen though

Yes, I think so because the rebouding/lack of post defender is killing team

JBO needs to go to bench.

I don't understand Fran going with a non-scorer like CMAC and being weak in post when he could
just go with a bigger center the minutes CMAC plays and still not get scoring, but at least upgrade rebounding.
Im hoping JBO announces his retirement tomorrow.

Fran plays his sons because they're his sons.

Reactions: Mitjacks
Fran > Alford especially considering what each had to start at Iowa with. Who cares who had a sweet 16 while coaching NOT at Iowa.
objective results say Fran is not better in BTT or B1G wins. The fact that Fran has never made a sweet16 is pertinent----he doesn't play defense and teams that don't play defense do not make sweet 16s. 36 years is a long time.

Alford started after a missed year of recruiting--the cupboard was mostly bare. . Fran started with two future All B1G players to be on the roster.---Devny marble and Gatens. ISU coach just turned around a team with worse record than what FRan inherited. It isn't an impossible job to follow a lickliter.

Alford is a chitty coach. Fran is nothing special because he refuses to address his own shortcomings. He hasn't figured out that defense is important. He plays his favorites, two of them happen to be his kids

Fran is not going anywhere, but without any pressure, he runs the program like he is reliving his own B-ball college career through his two boys

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT