ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

Regardless of who would have "won" last year's battle it still would have been an open competition this year. All that would have been accomplished is losing a year for Gabe.
It would have been getting him ready to compete next season.

The only way it would make any sense for Nelson to go 174 would be if Gabe is going up to 184 (and staying there which I doubt) and Angelo plans to be 174 in the future. Otherwise Gabe at 174 and Nelson at 184 with Angelo in RS makes sense. That would give the Hawks studs to back up 165-184 throughout the season. PK will have to battle for a 165/174 spot and Angelo could get 5 matches in at 174/184 as well. T n T have a plan with multiple options I'm sure and all three at 174 and Angelo at 184 as a true undersized freshman is not one of those options. That would make zero sense. This year Iowa has 5 studs for 3 weights and only one has a RS to use. That sounds like a PSU problem that we have all been calling for for years.

this hardly moves the needle. hopefully more than just him.
You realize that Haines is supposedly moving up, right? Depending on if Mesenbrink goes down to 157, Teemer should be the likely favorite to win it at 157.

If a possible NCAA Champ doesn't move the needle, what exactly does when the specific point of the post is about 1 single, solitary transfer......sheesh......

Also, with Teemer, this team could be sneaky good.

125: Ayala/?
133: Schriever/Peterson/Ayala
141: Block
149: Parco
157: Teemer/Caliendo
165: Caliendo/Teemer/Kennedy
174: Arnold/Kennedy/Brands/Ferrari
184: Brands/Arnold/Ferrari
197: Glazier
285: Kueter

What team, other than obviously PSU, would you put ahead of them?

We really need Ayala to man 125. I think Kale Peterson could have a breakout year.

fantasy lineup

125 - Ayala
133 - Peterson
141 - Block
149 - Parco
157 - Teemer
165 - Caliendo
174 - Arnold
184 - Brands
197 - Glazier (is there chance Cass could come back)
285 - Kueter

Nelson at 74 would be great, 3 at 174 and 0 at 184. No way that’ll create a hole for the team
Classic Tom Brands team.
Hopefully the uncertainty gets solved soon. One of these guys should be putting themself in the best position to compete at 184. Not letting the chips fall where they may second semester and being severely undersized.
Agree. The wrestle off needs to occur now.

Reactions: MVPFAN
I think Hamiti was a huge pickup for them and he could very well excel under the new staff.
Our lineup with Teemer included will be rock solid, buckle up Hawks fans!
I have not bought my tickets for 2025 NCAAs but Im going to really soon
and hendrickson

Regardless of who would have "won" last year's battle it still would have been an open competition this year. All that would have been accomplished is losing a year for Gabe.
I disagree. I think Gabe would have done just fine at 184 last year at nationals. I think he would have scored enough points to have put us in 2nd place. This would have allowed for a red shirt this year while we have a log jam.

Reactions: HugoBear
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT