ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

Fix stay or go odds? No doubt both can cut to 57 kg but I don't think either is quite as effective as a Gilman or Lee. Unless they stay wanting to represent different countries, but you'd think they wouldn't want to be that familiar with one another.
RBY looked horrible at 57 at the Olympics and Fix just hasn’t looked good for a while…big stall master.

Fix and rby are both 61 kg the cut kills them both
They need to expand the weights at Olympics to the same weights as worlds. They won’t because they are a bunch of pompas idiots. They are too busy adding break dancing and artistic swimming and diving to care. They probably think we should be grateful they changed their minds about eliminating wrestling from the Olympics.

They need to expand the weights at Olympics to the same weights as worlds. They won’t because they are a bunch of pompas idiots. They are too busy adding break dancing and artistic swimming and diving to care. They probably think we should be grateful they changed their minds about eliminating wrestling from the Olympics.
Yes, the IOC has a monopoly on nuts.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
No I really don’t think it is obvious that he is better than that. Freestyle is a different game.
This is fair.

For sure the cut hurt him. But FS really is a different game and his float, float, float, counter attack game is not going to win medals.

He’ll actually have to listen to Gilman now and attack more.

Reactions: el dub
What the oft-stated, oft-denied, one-semester $500K bag buys in March:

10 team points at $50,000 per pt
15 team points at $33,333 per pt
20 team points at $25,000 per pt
25 team points at $20,000 per pt

I like athletes benefitting beyond tuition/board, but growing up decidedly poor (though never hungry), I still marvel at what wealthy folk will pay for nothing more than fleeting, indirect athletic pride.
That said, I hope Teemer, Buchanan and NIL athletes nationwide profit all they can from “rich man vanity” that only ever grows. I’m sure some of that NIL benefits the athlete’s family as well.

So do this bet on yourself.

25k for showing up
100K for starting
500k for all American
700 k for win a natty

This happens on the PGA tour

Our best 10 will have to include Kale Petersen. Folks are underestimating this young man’s level of dedication, determination, and talent.
I’ve said that many times, both on here and to anyone that will tolerate me discussing Hawk wrestling.

If he gets better at getting out on bottom I think he’s gonna be a terror on his feet. Reminds me a bit of ADS with his pace.

What the oft-stated, oft-denied, one-semester $500K bag buys in March:

10 team points at $50,000 per pt
15 team points at $33,333 per pt
20 team points at $25,000 per pt
25 team points at $20,000 per pt

I like athletes benefitting beyond tuition/board, but growing up decidedly poor (though never hungry), I still marvel at what wealthy folk will pay for nothing more than fleeting, indirect athletic pride.
That said, I hope Teemer, Buchanan and NIL athletes nationwide profit all they can from “rich man vanity” that only ever grows. I’m sure some of that NIL benefits the athlete’s family as well.
How much the NIL benefits the athlete's family is really up to him/her.

Reactions: HikeNatParks
I really hope DT can get RBY to embrace 61/65.

Look at Kiyooka, Seabass, they’re not huge for the weight, but they can actually wrestle. And that day 2 weighins is KILLING people. Amouzad looked like butt on the 2nd day.

if he was an american i would say yes he should absolutely go up to 65kg because he would be a legit threat there. since he wrestles for mexico i say great let him stay down at 57kg and be a shell of his former self

They're probably fine. He's listed as 'Recruiting Coordinator', so he's not one of their 3 paid official assistants. Probably the exact reason they had him reach out.
I’m guessing he’s being paid as there are no volunteer coaches anymore. But, you could definitely be right as I don’t know the rules fully.

Yeah no that would be a blatant violation.
Just thinking of the logic behind it, IF it DID happen. Recruiting coordinator isn't an official university coaching position, as you know. It's RTC/Donor funded, so it's more akin to Dan Dennis or RTC affiliated staff reaching out. Still probably a violation, but just thinking out loud. "Oh no that wasn't an offer for college NIL, that was a post-graduate RTC athlete job offer."

And an aside from that, there's clearly a 'loophole' with the current NIL landscape that allows overt offers to a degree. Iowa does it, and all of the other big dogs do it too. Not that you've said otherwise. I wonder how many recruiting/tampering violations actually get reported? Iowa has had wrestlers approached with offers at NCAAs and offseason, idk if Tom reported them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12tdsaw
What I would really like to know is how many(more likely how few) transfer situations, across all sports, actually followed the rules from start to finish. Between when you are actually able to have contact and how NIL is not supposed to even be involved until you are fully transferred, I would be VERY surprised if ANY top name transfers didn't violate rules during the process...

Reactions: Zapuj268
Just thinking of the logic behind it, IF it DID happen. Recruiting coordinator isn't an official university coaching position, as you know. It's RTC/Donor funded, so it's more akin to Dan Dennis or RTC affiliated staff reaching out. Still probably a violation, but just thinking out loud. "Oh no that wasn't an offer for college NIL, that was a post-graduate RTC athlete job offer."

And an aside from that, there's clearly a 'loophole' with the current NIL landscape that allows overt offers to a degree. Iowa does it, and all of the other big dogs do it too. Not that you've said otherwise. I wonder how many recruiting/tampering violations actually get reported? Iowa has had wrestlers approached with offers at NCAAs and offseason, idk if Tom reported them.

He's on staff at OSU and an employee of the university. He's not a Dennis, but even that would be a clear violation. Pearsall reaching out wouldn't just probably a violation, it would be a blatant one.

Last edited:

It’d be more like Moriah Marinelli reaching out than Dennis, because like Pearsall she is a paid staff member of the team.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT