ADVERTISEMENT

***Official USMNT CONCACAF final thread***

• Thread starter anon_ts5cfra6drv7r
  • Start date
Be fair, he was a good player for the 2010 and 2014 World Cup teams. When he’s played his CDM role, he’s been solid. It doesn’t help that after 2014, he was never pushed for playing time by younger players.

He was a good player .... half a decade to a decade ago

Be fair, he was a good player for the 2010 and 2014 World Cup teams. When he’s played his CDM role, he’s been solid. It doesn’t help that after 2014, he was never pushed for playing time by younger players.
I respectfully disagree. He has been a human turnover on any meaningful game.

Reactions: Jackie Treehorn
Proud of our guys for getting there. I’ll give it to Mexico for having a chubby coach and bad haircuts.

He was a good player .... half a decade to a decade ago

I think that’s what I said. And on the flip side, who over the past 5 years has outperformed him? Heck, Jermaine Jones was still playing a major role at age 34, because no one developed in the next generation of midfielders. That was a major reason why they missed the 2018 World Cup...we should have had a whole crop of guys in their mid 20s on that team, the best players on tonight’s team are all 24 and younger.

I mean- granted no goals- but they made their opportunities.

They didn’t look horrible. Mexico didn’t look great, by any means

They had opportunities. I have a problem with the US keep on rolling out Altidore. These days he’s just an overweight oaf that pushes people around-great if you are playing basketball but not for soccer

I think that’s what I said. And on the flip side, who over the past 5 years has outperformed him? Heck, Jermaine Jones was still playing a major role at age 34, because no one developed in the next generation of midfielders. That was a major reason why they missed the 2018 World Cup...we should have had a whole crop of guys in their mid 20s on that team, the best players on tonight’s team are all 24 and younger.

I misread your post as saying he’s a good player now. He’s not in my view. Old players on the far backside of their career vs. the several young guys on our team, I’ll take the young guys almost every time - except in the knife fight road games in Mexico City and Costa Rica.

They had opportunities. I have a problem with the US keep on rolling out Altidore. These days he’s just an overweight oaf that pushes people around-great if you are playing basketball but not for soccer
I like him. He’s aged - but he’s better than the other options.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT