ADVERTISEMENT

****Portland State vs Iowa Game Thread****

The Portland St. guy with the glasses was chit chatting at the end.
Fran pulled his guys from the handshake line.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Great second halves by PMac and Perkins. Perkins with a couple of thunder jams. Ash hit three 3's. Not sure what the beef was at the end of the game with Ash trying to dribble it out and the Portland State guy all up in him on d. Words were exchanged at the end and no handshake line.

Let’s not pretend anyone on this team is clearly a starter besides one dude, THE DUDE. The rest of the team is hit or miss. It does seems like Kris will work his way to more minutes, but not at the sake of Patrick. For his part, Patrick was awful the first half and awesome the second.

Joe and Ulis were not good tonight. Connor played point most of the second half and in a Petris-like performance clearly steered the team away from quick shots and towards solid offensive play while doing so in his very unspectacular style.

Hopefully, the Hawks will get good Joe and Ulis next game when the cards are really on the table.

Reactions: Ihawkhoops
Let’s not pretend anyone on this team is clearly a starter besides one dude, THE DUDE. The rest of the team is hit or miss. It does seems like Kris will work his way to more minutes, but not at the sake of Patrick. For his part, Patrick was awful the first half and awesome the second.

Joe and Ulis were not good tonight. Connor played point most of the second half and in a Petris-like performance clearly steered the team away from quick shots and towards solid offensive play while doing so in his very unspectacular style.

Hopefully, the Hawks will get good Joe and Ulis next game when the cards are really on the table.

Connor is underappreciated because he doesn't score.

Reactions: hawki68 and amahawk
Connor is underappreciated because he doesn't score.
I think he's actually playing better this year. Still can't throw it in the ocean but he's playing some solid defense and getting more rebounds in addition to his assists game. Improved health might have something to do with that.

With that said I still would like to see more Kris than anyone else off the bench, if not in a starting role. I really believe he has the second best overall game right now and to not give him starters minutes isn't taking advantage of what we've got.

Thank you very much for the link. Likely I’m going to be in South Africa for awhile now and despite the play tonight,( some good, some not), it was great to watch the Hawks tonight. Thanks again
Lived in South Africa for 4 years. Loved the experience. Which part of the country will you be in?

Lived in South Africa for 4 years. Loved the experience. Which part of the country will you be in?
I’m in CapeTown, and unless they go into shutdown I’ll travel about the country. Joburg, Durban, the Drakensberg. Beautiful country. Just returned from the Kruger National Park

Reactions: justinjdry
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT