ADVERTISEMENT

PSA: Novavax COVID Vaccine

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
After being knocked on my ass every time by Moderna and Pfizer, I finally got the Novavax vaccine yesterday.

No worse than the average flu shot. Which is to say moderately sore arm, a few hours of minor aches. Feeling basically normal today.

Yeah, I'm just 1 data point, but if you were slammed by the mRNA vaccines, you might want to check out this alternative.

Yes, Novavax is approved as a booster. Unlike previously.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
What’s the longest stretch of time you’ve ever gone without being vaccinated for anything?

What’s the longest stretch of time you’ve ever gone without being vaccinated for anything?
I don’t know how long it was before I got my first shots, I might have made it to 2 months old.

Does the Novavax shot have the magnetic tracking chip that connects to 5G? If not, I don't want it, I need to maintain my 5G connection.

After being knocked on my ass every time by Moderna and Pfizer, I finally got the Novavax vaccine yesterday.

No worse than the average flu shot. Which is to say moderately sore arm, a few hours of minor aches. Feeling basically normal today.

Yeah, I'm just 1 data point, but if you were slammed by the mRNA vaccines, you might want to check out this alternative.
I hope you do well. I'd definitely trust protein based over mRNA at this point.

People sure had an opinion 3 years ago about it. Why did everyone care then?
Back then, and for quite a while it was believed that the vaccine was not only protective for the recipient but also beneficial to the community at large.

Now we are resigned to COVID being endemic, so it's mainly a personal choice. Then, there was more to consider.

Reactions: MitchLL
For those who might care, I got the Novavax shot at Costco. My local Giant, where I normally do my pharmacy stuff because it's closer, said they weren't going to carry it. A nearby CVS said they planned to carry it, but didn't have it yet and had no timeline.

Point being, if you want it, call around.

Back then, and for quite a while it was believed that the vaccine was not only protective for the recipient but also beneficial to the community at large.

Now we are resigned to COVID being endemic, so it's mainly a personal choice. Then, there was more to consider.
For many of the antivaxers, it became a political decision because Republicans still want to blame Fauci for Trump losing in 2020.
Hell, if they want to take that POV, don't vaccinate your children for ANYTHING!

For many of the antivaxers, it became a political decision because Republicans still want to blame Fauci for Trump losing in 2020.
Hell, if they want to take that POV, don't vaccinate your children for ANYTHING!
And maybe they'll be tougher for it.

Or maybe they'll be crippled, maimed or in an iron lung.

Or maybe they'll be dead.

Yeah, lets skip the vaccines and hope we get the one-outcome-out-of-three that isn't awful.

Reactions: MitchLL

Autism awaits!

• Haha
Reactions: KFsdisciple
So in your view, all vaccines are the same, and if a person doesn't like one specific vaccine, they shouldn't take any vaccines? Did I get that right?

No vaccine has ever really bothered me. That includes both of the Shingrix vaccines that lots of people have trouble with. I was scheduled for the new Covid, pneumonia, and flu on Saturday but had to cancel since I was out of town. Reset for this Sat.

I was wondering if you had gotten it yet. As I said before, I had a terrible time with the initial J&J, then Pfizer booster, and then Pfizer bivalent. No impact ever from shingles (and I got the original not so effective one and then later the 2 dose good one) or flu shots or anything else. I found it interesting, my no-pic wife had her physical last week with her long-time doctor (I think 25 plus years). And my wife is a democrat (has never voted for a Republican for President, huge Clinton/Obama/Biden fan, etc) and her doctor is also (she despises Trump, ripped him repeatedly during Covid for bungling the response). Anyway, physical went fine, then it got to vaccinations and she said the doctor said "Let's see, you aren't quite 60 yet, so we'll table the RSV. You normally don't get the flu shot (she did in 2020 since the doc said "you don't dare get Covid and Flu at the same time"), I wouldn't do that unless you really want it. You have had shingles a couple times, let's talk about the shingles vax when you are 65. What are you thinking about the Covid booster, you have had the initial 2 doses?" My wife said "well, what do you think?" She said "You are healthy, I wouldn't get it now, I'd hold off." So she ended up with no vaccines which she was probably planning on anyway. She is a teacher (I know, think of all the CRT and grooming she has accomplished over the last 30 years!).

Why take the tetanus vaccine?
f346ed6c-4a96-409b-a9ec-afb3081e9a9c_text.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT