ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the Noles

Camping World Stadium has an entire mid-tier between the 30s on both sides of the field restricted for people with disabilities. Very welcoming and a great view. Hell, I could be your "caretaker" and it would be better than any seats I'd buy otherwise.

I'd be down in a heartbeat dude if I knew I'd be in the clear health wise

Reactions: TC Nole OX
I always imagined the playcalling.

“Ok, we went deep to the right on that last play. Gotta mix it up on third down, so let’s go deep again…but to the left!”

I knew fairly early that Jeff was clueless, based on a response to a post-game question. We had played Notre Dame at home; thanks to penalties, turnovers, and bad offense they controlled the game. We were down 24 with about 5 minutes left & scored a td. The very obvious choice is to go for two, but we kicked the extra point. Then recovered an onside kick and scoed a quick rd (and went for two that time). Then recovered ANOTHER onside kick - so if we had gone for two & succeeded after the first, would have had a chance to tie the game with a last minute score (we did not end up scoring on that drive).
After the game, Jeff was asked why they didnt go for two after the first td. His hapless reply was something like "I just didnt think about it."

It has been too long since our crew trashed a parking lot

UXCXNOJ.jpg

E6BMGX4.jpg

More from that night

Nn90eBK.jpg

j4wa4zs.jpg

Cops coming to kick us out

66dNDmX.jpg

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I knew fairly early that Jeff was clueless, based on a response to a post-game question. We had played Notre Dame at home; thanks to penalties, turnovers, and bad offense they controlled the game. We were down 24 with about 5 minutes left & scored a td. The very obvious choice is to go for two, but we kicked the extra point. Then recovered an onside kick and scoed a quick rd (and went for two that time). Then recovered ANOTHER onside kick - so if we had gone for two & succeeded after the first, would have had a chance to tie the game with a last minute score (we did not end up scoring on that drive).
After the game, Jeff was asked why they didnt go for two after the first td. His hapless reply was something like "I just didnt think about it."

Was that the game where Rix fumbled on consecutive series inside our 20 yard line?

I was in Gatlinburg, TN when that horrible game happened.

The temperature dropped about 30° after the rain came through and soaked everyone. I was in wet shorts and a t-shirt shivering. The game made us all more miserable.

I stayed out in the parking lot at the tailgate I was at

Reactions: DFSNOLE
The temperature dropped about 30° after the rain came through and soaked everyone. I was in wet shorts and a t-shirt shivering. The game made us all more miserable.

I remember it pouring and leaving for The Palace at some point not long after that.

How’s next year and beyond looking for the football program? It seems more evident with each passing day that daddy Ferentz is gonna trot his dipshit son out as Iowa‘s OC for another year, and I won’t be part of that as a fan so I’m thinking with this board full of you guys and living in Florida FSU would be an easy transition to root for.

Next year I think Jordan Travis will win the Heisman if he stays away from serious injuries and I think we go to the playoffs but lose to Georgia or Alabama. We are building quality depth but right now, no one has the quality depth of those two programs.

In 2024 our team may be even better overall everywhere but QB but unless we nab a great QB in the transfer portal for 2024, I don’t think we will repeat in the top 2 or 4. I do think we’ll make the 12 team playoffs even if we’re stuck with just Rodemaker, Duffy, Glenn and Kromenhoek.

I remember sitting there in the rain well through the 3rd quarter. Watching the offense quit pursuit of a db running the interception back was too much for me.

Brother please , you had a good vibe going, then this crapola rears it's ugly head.

Let's be honest, if Iowa played in the ACC, they still wouldn't sniff the playoffs, but once every 20 years or so
I don’t disagree that Iowa wouldn’t make the playoffs playing in the ACC, but it’s comical to me how you guys defend the ACC. It’s not a good football conference. Sorry, not sorry.

That is funny. I still can’t tell if Brian is a Fredo or if he is shackled by Kirk to the extent he seems like a Fredo. What I do know is nothing is improving until our POS OL improves.

Iowa never had a high octane offense that put up 30 to 40 points per game. But the offense was always functional under Kirk Ferentz and it's not even functional now.

BF isn't being shackled by his dad.

Oh how I long for the days of Ken O'Keefe. Again he was not a genius offensive coordinator by any stretch but his offenses didn't usually get outscored by their own defense.

How’s next year and beyond looking for the football program? It seems more evident with each passing day that daddy Ferentz is gonna trot his dipshit son out as Iowa‘s OC for another year, and I won’t be part of that as a fan so I’m thinking with this board full of you guys and living in Florida FSU would be an easy transition to root for.
My son and I were talking about that just yesterday. I'm expecting a 10-2 season with an ACC Championship (could exceed those expectations if Travis has a special year). Then in 2024 we'll see some drop-off with Verse and J-Trav leaving, then 2025 will be the year of the Noles. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :cool:

Iowa never had a high octane offense that put up 30 to 40 points per game. But the offense was always functional under Kirk Ferentz and it's not even functional now.

BF isn't being shackled by his dad.

Oh how I long for the days of Ken O'Keefe. Again he was not a genius offensive coordinator by any stretch but his offenses didn't usually get outscored by their own defense.
Disagree. KOK sucked. GDGD sucked. BF sucks. There is a common thread…

Worth pointing out that Nole fans especially can identify with the exact situation Iowa fans are in because we had exact same thing happen with the legendary Bobby Bowden. When Mark Richt left to become Georgia’s head coach, we literally had to circumvent anti nepotism state laws to put Bobby’s son, Jeff Bowden, as OC. It was a position he never should have had due to low overall experience and also being the Fredo Corleone of the Bowden family.

We suffered 7-8 years under him as OC and his brilliant playbook which consisted of running the ball or throwing bombs. The boosters finally forced him out for Jimbo. But it was not pretty and he ruined many a QB.
Ah yes, the rainbow offense...I remember it well. Draw, Draw, BOMB, punt!

In all seriousness, if you're looking for a team to bandwagon on, not sure you could do much better than the Noles right now. LOTS of great vibes with this team.

Mike Norvell is a positive energy guy, and pretty much all the energy around the program is positive (which is remarkable for a team that hasn't had a winning season in years before 2022 and lost to an FCS team last year). All the players and recruits (even the ones that don't pick FSU) talk about the family. The way that these guys play for their teammates and coaches...the culture is real.

They just finished with the highest average GPA for the football team in school history. Unless I'm mistaken, they haven't had a player arrested in the three years since Norvell has been there. When players are interviewed, I'd say at least 7 out of 10 of them come off as really impressive young men.

It's just a real, real easy program to root for at the moment.

And this is the time to get on (if not last year). We're in that short 2-4 year window on the come up where you can finish with less than a national title, and still have great feelings about the season. Before too long, if things keep developing in this fashion, we'll be in that window where anything short of a national title leaves you with a crushing feeling about the season and leads to a lot of negativity. But the next few seasons should be pretty fun.

My son and I were talking about that just yesterday. I'm expecting a 10-2 season with an ACC Championship (could exceed those expectations if Travis has a special year). Then in 2024 we'll see some drop-off with Verse and J-Trav leaving, then 2025 will be the year of the Noles. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :cool:

This is it exactly. Big year next year, small step back in 24, loaded for bear in 25.

We've done great in the portal and development, but we're still not at elite depth of talent yet. This is a huge recruiting class coming up next cycle, could be an infusion of elite talent that would be in their second year in 2025. Paired with continuing to do the same great work in the portal, and some of the talented but raw guys in the last two recruiting cycles that will be at the back end of a long development cycle (especially on the OL), and its not crazy you could go into 2025 not being scared of a showdown with UGA or Alabama.

There is sucking and being completely incompetent. Maybe KOK sucked but BF is completely incompetent.
And my counterpoint to that is that it would have taken a true master to generate even a decent offense with that rotten OL the whole year, and WR for much of it. No dependable lanes to run in, no time to throw, and no one other than TEs to throw to. Maybe that comes back to BF for recruiting and retention, maybe not. In any event, it was as dysfunctional as SF's offense yesterday after Purdy and Jackson got hurt. Even one of the most brilliant play callers in the game with uber skilled position players at every position but QB could not generate any offense.

And my counterpoint to that is that it would have taken a true master to generate even a decent offense with that rotten OL the whole year, and WR for much of it. No dependable lanes to run in, no time to throw, and no one other than TEs to throw to. Maybe that comes back to BF for recruiting and retention, maybe not. In any event, it was as dysfunctional as SF's offense yesterday after Purdy and Jackson got hurt. Even one of the most brilliant play callers in the game with uber skilled position players at every position but QB could not generate any offense.
Hard to be creative when you're limited to a one-dimensional offense. McCaffrey tried, but couldn't be the entire offense.

I don’t disagree that Iowa wouldn’t make the playoffs playing in the ACC, but it’s comical to me how you guys defend the ACC. It’s not a good football conference. Sorry, not sorry.

Fvck the ACC, I hate this conference, but there's not the gap between it and the BIG that you portend.... especially between the bottom dwellers of each conference

I thought it was odd and funny that Nole fans gathered at another college team site until I realized the Osceola charges $$ for rednecks to post there.

Worth pointing out that Nole fans especially can identify with the exact situation Iowa fans are in because we had exact same thing happen with the legendary Bobby Bowden. When Mark Richt left to become Georgia’s head coach, we literally had to circumvent anti nepotism state laws to put Bobby’s son, Jeff Bowden, as OC. It was a position he never should have had due to low overall experience and also being the Fredo Corleone of the Bowden family.

We suffered 7-8 years under him as OC and his brilliant playbook which consisted of running the ball or throwing bombs. The boosters finally forced him out for Jimbo. But it was not pretty and he ruined many a QB.
You forgot about the trademark screen passes on 3rd and long.

@SolarNole, good luck with your new team.

I'd jump over with you if you can convince them to change their color scheme to black and gold. That garnet and gold combo is awful.
And gosh black and gold is so unique. 🙄

Google FSU versus B1G schools over the last 40 years or so.
Apology accepted.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT