ADVERTISEMENT

Severe Weather 4/25 - 4/28

Real interested to see if these things are going to hold up until they get to Des Moines.

I give weather personalities shit all the time about how they never get the forecast right. They absolutely nailed this today as they have been talking about severe weather all week.
I was thinking that same thing. I think the first I heard about a severe weather outbreak today was last Saturday. They've been watching this one for a long time.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
Had a flight in from Denver that is landing in the next 20 mins. I didn't want to risk a cancellation, so I jumped the 10:35 this morning and was home by 2PM. It was still bumpy coming into Iowa

Yeah of course as soon as I posted that, a tornado warning gets issued for dsm

Sirens going off a second time

Is the idea these things are fizzling out as they track east through the night because the whole losing steam idea doesn't seem to be holding.

Reactions: McLovin32
dang, if that rolls through West Des Moines like they're saying that's going to be a disaster

Sounds like a very large tornado on the ground near SE Polk high school headed towards Altoona.

holy-shit-damn.gif

Reactions: 3boysmom and SSG T
KCCI is saying the rotation around Mitchellville and Colfax is weakening.

But it's currently pouring and tons of thnuder/lightning.

EDIT - they just canceled our Tornado Warning

I know people like to joke about the Omaha mayor never being in town, but it's pretty crazy that it's 10pm and she hasn't said anything at all today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT