ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer or Steveson

It looks like the avg male height in a the world is 5’ 7.5”. The avg weight is 154 pounds.
Hmm, where did you find that? I was just saying off of memory from convos on themat when discussions of international weight changes come up....

Hmm, where did you find that? I was just saying off of memory from convos on themat when discussions of international weight changes come up....
This has the height. Interestingly it says the global mean for height in men has gone up almost 3 inches on the last 100 years.
I don’t remember where I found the avg global weight. That was harder to find, most of the information I found was broken up by country.

Reactions: Drake__Mallard
That seems a bit closer to reality. 5’4? Unless you do not leave the Asian continent I don’t believe that is average across the world.

If I say that Burroughs is better than Dake is that ragging on Dake? If you say Jordan is better than Lebron is that ragging on Lebron?

No, I’m comparing two of the greatest young wrestlers ever. Both are amazing. It’s splitting hairs.
That's exactly why having such a strong opinion regarding something that's splitting hairs makes no sense to me. I'm trying to illustrate that point.

I think it's closer than most want to believe. If both guys win the trials then we'll see who gets the higher medal.
Sure, cause most think one is great and one is a pud. But they aren't swimming in the same pools and never will.

The only thing I personally care about is one has 2 NCAA Titles and a Hodge Trophy, which helps Iowa. (and should have had an OW at NCAA's to boot)

Are you saying 5 9 and 198 is fat? I know a lot of guys who would disagree.

There are many body types, some more muscular, some thicker in legs or chest. But for most people, I would consider 5'9", 198 to be definitely overweight by quite a bit. Not healthy

Reactions: artradley
Ferrari is showing his true colors and he's getting raked over the coals on Twitter.
Bold stuff from a true freshman that was just caught grabbing a guy's sack in a match.

I know some guys are saying wrestling needs to have more guys “talking” to put wrestling in the spotlight so guys can make money from wrestling, but this crap is a big ugly scare to wrestling in general.
I prefer the guys who keep their head down and get to work, do your interviews answer questions intelligently and keep the integrity of the sport!
I don’t know this fasttwitch guy, he wrestles pretty good judging by what I have seen, but his attitude stinks just like GS’s

I know some guys are saying wrestling needs to have more guys “talking” to put wrestling in the spotlight so guys can make money from wrestling, but this crap is a big ugly scare to wrestling in general.
I prefer the guys who keep their head down and get to work, do your interviews answer questions intelligently and keep the integrity of the sport!
I don’t know this fasttwitch guy, he wrestles pretty good judging by what I have seen, but his attitude stinks just like GS’s

He was a monster recruit, but I never liked his attitude or personality. He will be a stud, but not the kind of guy I want on a team I’m cheering for.

Reactions: Grip220
when GS can pin all of his opponents, we can enter the conversation.
I guess if you can pretend this is a pin. This is when the ref is slapping the mat.
EtFoR39W8AAlBGm

Saw the Flo guys discussing who was better, Spencer Lee or Gable Steveson. Ben Askren seemed to be the only one believing Steveson was better. We’re all Hawk fans here but still there’s no way anyone would say Steveson is better right?! Spencer is so far beyond everyone else.
You have to understand Ben although born in Cedar Rapids(as well as Max) hates Iowa. His father told me he wanted to go to Iowa but was snubbed by comments from Barry Davis to Jimmy Z. He also has bad history with Perry who ducked him at a wrestling meet( according to his father). Ben also is probably a little punch drunk and watched to much tiger king.

At 4:36 that is a still of the ref holding 4, at 4:39 that's a still of the ref slapping the mat for the pin.

So, was that a ball-grab accusation?
I think it was more of a shaft grab than a sack grab. For those of you that are fans here but did not get the opportunity to wrestle this stuff happens occasionally. I would say sometimes it is on purpose and sometimes it is a fight for survival. Not sure on this one but it was pretty odd to see his opponent get the refs attention and point it out 😄 .

I think it was more of a shaft grab than a sack grab. For those of you that are fans here but did not get the opportunity to wrestle this stuff happens occasionally. I would say sometimes it is on purpose and sometimes it is a fight for survival. Not sure on this one but it was pretty odd to see his opponent get the refs attention and point it out 😄 .

I mean, our own Kem Dawg Millionaire also got a chunk of the goods in his match on Sunday.

jammies is right guys cardani was getting ready to turn it on, spencer was in trouble.then gs would win the hodge and minny would have a reason to continue their season.
Well it was heading into the 2nd period and we all know how Spencer fades after the 1st.

Reactions: el dub and wasdt21
Saw the Flo guys discussing who was better, Spencer Lee or Gable Steveson. Ben Askren seemed to be the only one believing Steveson was better. We’re all Hawk fans here but still there’s no way anyone would say Steveson is better right?! Spencer is so far beyond everyone else.
Better in what style? Spencer is clearly the better folk style wrestler, not really even all that close imo, though Gable has the tougher competition in Parris, Kerk, etc. In freestyle it’s much closer, I’d say we don’t really know who is better in free because we haven’t seen Spencer wrestle the best since when? He was in the US Open but his best opponents there were Vito, Cruz, and Nato right? No Fix, no Gilman, no Micic, etc. When was the last time we saw Spencer versus the best in the world or at least his age group in free? 2016 Junior Free at 50Kgs? Now it was super impressive that he won juniors as a cadet but he did lose to Fix just before that and 50 Kgs is generally the weakest junior weight because the 19 to 20 year olds which are usually the toughest competition are wanting to bulk up to make the senior level weight by that time.

Better in what style? Spencer is clearly the better folk style wrestler, not really even all that close imo, though Gable has the tougher competition in Parris, Kerk, etc. In freestyle it’s much closer, I’d say we don’t really know who is better in free because we haven’t seen Spencer wrestle the best since when? He was in the US Open but his best opponents there were Vito, Cruz, and Nato right? No Fix, no Gilman, no Micic, etc. When was the last time we saw Spencer versus the best in the world or at least his age group in free? 2016 Junior Free at 50Kgs? Now it was super impressive that he won juniors as a cadet but he did lose to Fix just before that and 50 Kgs is generally the weakest junior weight because the 19 to 20 year olds which are usually the toughest competition are wanting to bulk up to make the senior level weight by that time.
Gable has the tougher competition now maybe, but for damn sure not previously.

Spencer has dispatched his "competition" and beat two National Champions in the process.

That's why the current competition isn't what it once was. "I gotta cut and face that?" No Thanks.

Well he won the 2019 WTT, which is definitely a bigger and better tournament than that weird mid season US Open, and just beat 2x world medalist Gwiz.

Spencer’s best win is NATO.

Like I said, I think Spencer is better, but right now that is just an opinion, and Gable has the undeniably better Senior level results.
Okay then: Let's have some type of bet who scores more points for his team in the NCAA Wrestling tournament?
Best man wins this debate :cool: $100 ?? Dan Hodge Award. $100 NCAA Outstanding wrestler for 2021 $100

Reactions: winwithhumility
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT