ADVERTISEMENT

State College Booing Spencer pre-match showed a total lack of class!

I chatted with Larry Lee at halftime. Very cordial guy. I like him. At the end of our conversation, I asked when they were moving to Central PA.
His reply was.. Never, he hears the boos and that doesn't sit well with him. I saw you standing and clapping for him.

I didn't use quotes, because that is not exactly what was said, but it is very close.

P.S. Real Woods dad is awesome!!! If you have a chance to chat with him, do it!
That is awesome to hear. I truly think Spencer could have the next "Gable effect" on Iowa wrestling and I think it would be a huge mistake for Iowa to not find a way some how to "keep" Spencer after his HWC days are done. If it is as an AD, hire him. Coach, hire him. Just get him involved in Iowa athletics at all costs. He sounds in his interviews like he likes everything sports related when it comes to Iowa. Sounds like a great future AD to me, with some coaching involved early in his career.

I suspect you will not find any Penn State fans who defend Jerry Sandusky. But you already knew that.

That's actually not true. Just had a guy on Twitter, in a thread on this topic, say it was sad an innocent man was going to die in prison. It had likes.

I know it's a small group, but fanatics will defend their heroes to the end.

• Wow
Reactions: el dub and vhsalum
That's actually not true. Just had a guy on Twitter, in a thread on this topic, say it was sad an innocent man was going to die in prison. It had likes.
I would just hope to god that they were liking the fact that he would die in prison. If that were not the case, I hope the FBI would take a look into those folk's computers.

I would just hope to god that they were liking the fact that he would die in prison. If that were not the case, I hope the FBI would take a look into those folk's computers.
Just search “John Ziegler Sandusky” on Twitter and you will see that there are still plenty of PSU fans who think it’s all a hoax. It’s truly disgusting.

• Sad
Reactions: TNTwrestle
Just search “John Ziegler Sandusky” on Twitter and you will see that there are still plenty of PSU fans who think it’s all a hoax. It’s truly disgusting.

It’s a few handfuls of people ffs. You think a message board is reality? I guarantee if I rounded up 10,000 people in the quad cities I’d find some screwed up individuals.
If I rounded up the same amount of iowa fans I’d find a lot of screwed up people. No fan base walks with the angels at a 100% rate.
As for Sandusky I’m familiar with the case, a good friend was right in the middle of it . His take ( he’s seem all the evidence in this and scores of other CSA cases he’s worked) is it is covered up every time. Meaning every single case with a corporate structure was initially covered up. Every single school, charity, church , or business.
He might have worked a hundred of these cases. This is how people handle it. Everywhere. No one seems above this.

That’s just his opinion. You know how many people think any high pot food person who is as guilty as sin?
Try Wesley Cook ( Mumia Abu Jamal) , the guy who murdered officer Daniel Farmer in 1982. He’s as guilty as sin ten times over but nonsense conspiracy BS has made him a hero to millions .
Sandusky isn’t even in tee ball compared to this guy. This phenomenon is nothing new.

It’s a few handfuls of people ffs. You think a message board is reality? I guarantee if I rounded up 10,000 people in the quad cities I’d find some screwed up individuals.
If I rounded up the same amount of iowa fans I’d find a lot of screwed up people. No fan base walks with the angels at a 100% rate.
As for Sandusky I’m familiar with the case, a good friend was right in the middle of it . His take ( he’s seem all the evidence in this and scores of other CSA cases he’s worked) is it is covered up every time. Meaning every single case with a corporate structure was initially covered up. Every single school, charity, church , or business.
He might have worked a hundred of these cases. This is how people handle it. Everywhere. No one seems above this.
It’s more than a few handfuls of people, man. I had no idea who that dude was until I saw PSU fans linking his podcast as some way of defending the situation. Like I said, search it on Twitter and see for yourself.

Also, never claimed Iowa’s fanbase is perfect but I can guarantee you that my fandom for Iowa football would be done had that happened at my alma mater.

It’s more than a few handfuls of people, man. I had no idea who that dude was until I saw PSU fans linking his podcast as some way of defending the situation. Like I said, search it on Twitter and see for yourself.

Also, never claimed Iowa’s fanbase is perfect but I can guarantee you that my fandom for Iowa football would be done had that happened at my alma mater.
I’m fully aware of the Sadusky situation . And bullshit on your last claim. My friend who actually investigated this and many others says otherwise .
Every corporate structure he’s ever investigated has initially at the minimum covered it up.
I doubt Iowa, Boston, NYC, Ohio or anywhere is different. The organization circles wagons to protect itself . Always .

Reactions: vhsalum
I’m fully aware of the Sadusky situation . And bullshit on your last claim. My friend who actually investigated this and many others says otherwise .
Every corporate structure he’s ever investigated has initially at the minimum covered it up.
I doubt Iowa, Boston, NYC, Ohio or anywhere is different. The organization circles wagons to protect itself . Always .
Call bullshit all you want, but NIL has already made me lose interest in what's going on. I can say with 100% confidence that I would move on from Iowa Football if the program hid pedophilia for decades. Some things are bigger than sports fandom.

Also, are you really going with the "everyone does it" route here?

Call bullshit all you want, but NIL has already made me lose interest in what's going on. I can say with 100% confidence that I would move on from Iowa Football if the program hid pedophilia for decades. Some things are bigger than sports fandom.

Also, are you really going with the "everyone does it" route here?
Nope, I’m going with solid data from an experienced sex crime investigator from that case. He had 25 years in prior to retiring and understands these cases.
And every single case he was on was initially covered up if it was some kind or organized business , charity , church, or school. Every single time.
My personal knowledge of multiple cases is none of the victims came forward. One was a Catholic Church alter boy and a friend of mine. After some rumors started the priest was moved around .
The church knew. He was eventually publicly caught. Three others were handled privately . One was a big beating with a don’t show yourself around here anymore ( my deceased father in law administered the beating when he found out). One victim was a good friend who told me about it years later . The abuser also had a few other victims I heard about.
I’m not sure if he ever told his parents , but it really screwed him up. It’s not uncommon for organizations to promise action then sit on it. That seems to be the go to , at least until recently .
It’s obviously very traumatic to the victim and family and they often don’t want to go forward . My father in law believed it would’ve been traumatic to the victim, my wife. Beating him to a pulp seemed to be the right decision to him at that time compared to a trial.
So I’m fairly knowledgeable about this and what I’ve seen many people will refuse to believe even when confronted with solid proof. They’ve spent too much time and are too emotionally invested and very uninformed to consider the situation properly .
It’s what happens, the farther they are from “ground zero” the easier it is to rationalize their thoughts. That’s what usually happens except when you’re dealing with experienced people .
And as for Penn state , I didn’t touch any kids nor did I personally cover it up so I have no problem watching sports coached by people who never did so either.

Reactions: vhsalum
Nope, I’m going with solid data from an experienced sex crime investigator from that case. He had 25 years in prior to retiring and understands these cases.
And every single case he was on was initially covered up if it was some kind or organized business , charity , church, or school. Every single time.
My personal knowledge of multiple cases is none of the victims came forward. One was a Catholic Church alter boy and a friend of mine. After some rumors started the priest was moved around .
The church knew. He was eventually publicly caught. Three others were handled privately . One was a big beating with a don’t show yourself around here anymore ( my deceased father in law administered the beating when he found out). One victim was a good friend who told me about it years later . The abuser also had a few other victims I heard about.
I’m not sure if he ever told his parents , but it really screwed him up. It’s not uncommon for organizations to promise action then sit on it. That seems to be the go to , at least until recently .
It’s obviously very traumatic to the victim and family and they often don’t want to go forward . My father in law believed it would’ve been traumatic to the victim, my wife. Beating him to a pulp seemed to be the right decision to him at that time compared to a trial.
So I’m fairly knowledgeable about this and what I’ve seen many people will refuse to believe even when confronted with solid proof. They’ve spent too much time and are too emotionally invested and very uninformed to consider the situation properly .
It’s what happens, the farther they are from “ground zero” the easier it is to rationalize their thoughts. That’s what usually happens except when you’re dealing with experienced people .
And as for Penn state , I didn’t touch any kids nor did I personally cover it up so I have no problem watching sports coached by people who never did so either.
Honestly, this says everything about you and the majority of the PSU fanbase, and is why you should continue to be reminded of Sandusky until the end of time. Such a gross fanbase.

The guy has 59k followers and hundreds of responses thanking him for his podcasts on Sandusky's innocence. It's astonishing how far people will bend their mind to absolve their heroes.

If this group is so convinced, why not wear "Free Jerry" shirts to games, or start petitions for a retrial?

Easy to stand with him behind a screen name and avatar. If you believe he's been wronged, speek up in public.

Reactions: Gobblin
The guy has 59k followers and hundreds of responses thanking him for his podcasts on Sandusky's innocence. It's astonishing how far people will bend their mind to absolve their heroes
There are 13 million people in Pennsylvania. By the sheer numbers alone there are bound to be a few hundred idiots who still believe that Sandusky was innocent.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
There are 13 million people in Pennsylvania. By the sheer numbers alone there are bound to be a few hundred idiots who still believe that Sandusky was innocent.
This is not the reason that John Ziegler has 59K followers. He started with a documentary he produced called "Media Malpractice, How Obama got Elected and Palin Targeted". But he got a big boost in following when he produced the documentary called "The Framing of Joe Paterno". That was shortly after Paterno died. He had a big response to this.
I haven't heard a thing about this guy in 10 years until today. It appears that he took his Paterno rhetoric and is applying all the same arguments to Sandusky himself. I'd love to know how many followers he added in the last 5 years. When you look at the nutjobs commenting (2 I think) they are covid and climate change conspiracy crazies. They are claiming the Philadelphia Eagle along with current Governor Josh Shapiro trafficked boys with Sandusky.
John Ziegler may still have Twitter followers, but only 4 comments were made (one by Ziegler himself), 31 retweets, and 44 likes. That's not much from 59,000 followers. The dude is a nobody. It figures the this forum would dredge him out of the sewer and give him some sun light.

This is not the reason that John Ziegler has 59K followers. He started with a documentary he produced called "Media Malpractice, How Obama got Elected and Palin Targeted". But he got a big boost in following when he produced the documentary called "The Framing of Joe Paterno". That was shortly after Paterno died. He had a big response to this.
I haven't heard a thing about this guy in 10 years until today. It appears that he took his Paterno rhetoric and is applying all the same arguments to Sandusky himself. I'd love to know how many followers he added in the last 5 years. When you look at the nutjobs commenting (2 I think) they are covid and climate change conspiracy crazies. They are claiming the Philadelphia Eagle along with current Governor Josh Shapiro trafficked boys with Sandusky.
John Ziegler may still have Twitter followers, but only 4 comments were made (one by Ziegler himself), 31 retweets, and 44 likes. That's not much from 59,000 followers. The dude is a nobody. It figures the this forum would dredge him out of the sewer and give him some sun light.

giphy.gif

https://media0.giphy.com/media/xTiTnooneW4SYfch8Y/giphy.gif

Mic drop - down goes PAhurler and uncle fester with the Texas drawl.

Stayed off this board for a long time but love seeing some beat downs of the bandwagon fans from out east. Glad Spencer saw what tools that fan base is and he wanted to get the hell out of there and wanted the opportunity to wrestle for the best wrestling fans in the world at the mecca of wrestling. Thank you penn state fans for doing your thing and pushing one of the greatest our way. I’ll buy you a beverage in Ann Arbor or Tulsa if I see you to express my appreciation. Cheers!
You really think Iowa is the mecca? PA is the best producing state by far, has the best college team by far, has the best post college wrestling club. What drives your thought here? Because fans come to Carver? Why doesn't that translate more individual and team success.

If only Cael had someone from the same exact high school that was any good at 125 to even out the other 9 weights. Just a shame.
It's heart breaking. Truly brings tears to my eyes. So glad that you are here to help all of us work through this.

Carver can be tough on opposing wrestlers if they ask for it. If an Iowa kid went elsewhere and showed nothing but respect for the Iowa program and was one of the greatest talents in the history of the sport, I think he’d get a warm welcome if not a standing ovation.

We know how the Nitwits behaved when Spencer lost in the state finals — it was reprehensible. We also know how they behaved when he returned for his last meet against PSU. It wasn’t on the same level of embarrassingly pathetic but was still pretty poor. Not at all what I’d expect from the Carver crowd. If the roles were reversed, I think Hawk fans would treat him much like they treated Steveson.
Just to be 100% clear since you've tried to make this point numerous times, not everyone that loves wrestling in PA has allegience to Penn State. It's a really bifurcated state. Most Pitt area people don't love Penn State, in fact, it's hard to find the football games on the radio on a Saturday in Pittsburgh. The Lehigh area is very pro Lehigh wrestling. That arena is made up of lots of non-PSU fans. Penn State is not in the population zones of Pitt/Philly.

In another episode of How Can We Be Offended Today...... I think people sometimes don't grasp why others aren't amazed at their amazingness lol.
I didn't realize how woke Iowa was. Spencer is going to win another one this year and maybe an Olympic Gold and in that gold medal match I can assure you 100% of all Penn State wrestling fans will be cheering their butts off for him. But when he comes into State College with Black and Yellow on, he's not going to get cheered for.

You really think Iowa is the mecca? PA is the best producing state by far, has the best college team by far, has the best post college wrestling club. What drives your thought here? Because fans come to Carver? Why doesn't that translate more individual and team success.
Not sure how you define Mecca but Id think if it's a comparison to real Mecca that history has something to do with it.... in which case PSU isn't even in the discussion.

As a hawk I have no problem saying it's Gallagher Iba, 34 titles ranging from '28-'06 speaks for itself... Especially in a venue that was built in 1938. That's a ton of history there. Iowa has only been really good since 75 but 24>10 by quite a bit. Penn St has a LOT of work to do to even enter the debate

When we Hawkeye fans are done carving out a set of booing rules, maybe we can publish them for all wrestling fans to adhere to. Personally, I think it would be better if we formed a committee of fans from various schools, but that's just me. They could develop a set of booing rules, that could be an addendum to the sportsmanship rules that everyone strictly adheres to, without question.

When we Hawkeye fans are done carving out a set of booing rules, maybe we can publish them for all wrestling fans to adhere to. Personally, I think it would be better if we formed a committee of fans from various schools, but that's just me. They could develop a set of booing rules, that could be an addendum to the sportsmanship rules that everyone strictly adheres to, without question.

Excellent idea. Will it be called The Boo Bible or Herky's Rules of Booing? Perhaps Miss Hawkeye's Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Boo-havior?

Last edited:
I didn't realize how woke Iowa was. Spencer is going to win another one this year and maybe an Olympic Gold and in that gold medal match I can assure you 100% of all Penn State wrestling fans will be cheering their butts off for him. But when he comes into State College with Black and Yellow on, he's not going to get cheered for.
I like the kid and wouldn't boo him at a match at PSU but I'm not cheering for him unless it's competing on the world stage repping the USA.

Reactions: Raw Daddy
Not sure how you define Mecca but Id think if it's a comparison to real Mecca that history has something to do with it.... in which case PSU isn't even in the discussion.

As a hawk I have no problem saying it's Gallagher Iba, 34 titles ranging from '28-'06 speaks for itself... Especially in a venue that was built in 1938. That's a ton of history there. Iowa has only been really good since 75 but 24>10 by quite a bit. Penn St has a LOT of work to do to even enter the debate
As a PSU fan I have to agree. Let's look at Mecca. It's not the most modern, populous, most visited place in the world. But it's Mecca because of its history.
If Stllwater is Mecca, then Iowa City is NYC. State College is Dubai. We have all the money and new shiny stuff. But we have a long way to go to match the history of OkSt and Iowa. Those are just the facts.

giphy.gif

This post just epitomizes clueless PSU wrestling fans. This is gold, honestly haha.

This post just epitomizes clueless PSU wrestling fans. This is gold, honestly haha.
Or your response is how clueless you are. I asked a question, you jumped to conclusions. For me, it's Stillwater. I just don't see a rationale for Iowa to be the Mecca.
As a PSU fan I have to agree. Let's look at Mecca. It's not the most modern, populous, most visited place in the world. But it's Mecca because of its history.
If Stllwater is Mecca, then Iowa City is NYC. State College is Dubai. We have all the money and new shiny stuff. But we have a long way to go to match the history of OkSt and Iowa. Those are just the facts.

giphy.gif

Somewhere, some Roman is turning over in his crypt.

• Haha
Reactions: 82bordeaux
Lol so now he's backtracking and claiming that Stillwater is the Mecca but his initial rebuttal was..

Why are you bringing up PA if you think the mecca of college wrestling is Stillwater, Oklahoma? Also, have you checked out Okie State's individual and team success over the last 15 years? Your logic isn't holding up here.

Just admit you made a stupid comment and let's move on.

Lol so now he's backtracking and claiming that Stillwater is the Mecca but his initial rebuttal was..

Why are you bringing up PA if you think the mecca of college wrestling is Stillwater, Oklahoma? Also, have you checked out Okie State's individual and team success over the last 15 years? Your logic isn't holding up here.

Just admit you made a stupid comment and let's move on.
Take the black and yellow glasses off when you read things. I asked questions as to why someone from Iowa thinks it is with recent events. I would say Iowa is number 2 (not including Rome or Greece) and then Penn State.

Take the black and yellow glasses off when you read things. I asked questions as to why someone from Iowa thinks it is with recent events. I would say Iowa is number 2 (not including Rome or Greece) and then Penn State.
This will be my last post interacting with you, as you're clearly the one with the bias here.

So you are saying Iowa City isn't the mecca due to recent events, whatever that means, but you think Stillwater is the mecca for what reason? Recent events? You do realize Okie St hasn't won a team title since 2006, right? They've had five individual champions since 2009.

So what are your criteria here? Overall program history or recent success? Either way, Iowa checks off both boxes.

Last edited:
Bingo, he's a loon trying for attention.

Honestly, this says everything about you and the majority of the PSU fanbase, and is why you should continue to be reminded of Sandusky until the end of time. Such a gross fanbase.
How many Hawkeye fans do you actually know well enough that you could claim to know how they feel about any given subject?
How many Hawkeye fans are there, total?
Is the first number divided by the second number greater than 50%?
If not, then you can't make a claim about the majority of Hawkeye fans, let alone a claim about the majority of their fans, as I would assume you know even fewer of them.

These PSU guys are going to start to lump you in with the other guys that they already generalize the Hawkeye fanbase on. Personally, I don't care to be lumped into that generalization.

Wow really? How about you ask some of YOUR “black” wrestlers about their experience at your noble institution. Here’s a hint: I know those who did, not a good conversation. You people always have to put color to stuff. STOP. You’ve never nor will ever walk in our shoes, so to use it as a tag line to a “get back message” is disgusting. My son picked Iowa OVER PSU. Culture was the foremost driver to that. Yep, Iowa boos folks. Yep, there are idiots in every crowd, but I honestly would not want to be around Carver if ever they come after my kid. Wanna know why? Because the TRUE fans, the folks on THIS page would do the unimaginable to that poor bastard. They’ve defended my son on here and he has yet to step on the mats as a Hawkeye.

So please, just stop. There is already too much division because of race we don’t need idiots heaping more coals on this fire.
This was one of the most salient points to emerge from this thread. Didn’t want it getting lost in the shuffle. Folks need to see this and give it some thought.

Define soft: 238 posts because someone got their feelings hurt. Big boy pants, Bruh. This isn’t an elementary tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT