Turnovers - 204
1.50:1

The 7 guards who played on the 2024 Olympic team, collectively:
Assists - 940
Turnovers - 559
1.68:1

So, hers is worse.

Thx for clarifying that.
(and you should really be looking at her ratio only thru the first 12 or so games, before selections were made; THAT ratio was 1.11)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Caitlin Clark
Assists - 306
Turnovers - 204
1.50:1

The 7 guards who played on the 2024 Olympic team, collectively:
Assists - 940
Turnovers - 559
1.68:1

Almost comical how we continue to try and justify CC's place on the Olympic team, with stats from her "recent" play, vs the "actual" play she'd produced up to selection day.

Assists/TOs: 1.11:1

No

Her ratio at the cutoff was 1.11

The guards you refer to had a collective 1.5x BETTER ratio.
I’m quoting you here directly and I have highlighted a key word for context.

“Translation: I cannot defend CC's currently poor Assist/TO ratio. It's worse than most top tier players.”

“Translation: I cannot defend CC's currently poor Assist/TO ratio. It's worse than most top tier players.”
It IS worse

Go look the numbers up.
What are Stockton's Assist/TO numbers for his career?

You and your buds want to assert CC is the "greatest guard ever".
Well, she's got a ways to go to prove that to be true.

Joe’s Place is a crazy person.

He wants this, he neeeeeds this.
Can’t stop, won’t stop.

I'm not the people on here incessantly defending her numbers (and using current numbers to justify her omission from the Olympic team, against players w/ better numbers)

You're the ones obsessed here. I've posted quite a few complimentary posts and stats for her - just being a realist w/ her play level at the Olympics selection cutoff.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
It IS worse

Go look the numbers up.
What are Stockton's Assist/TO numbers for his career?

You and your buds want to assert CC is the "greatest guard ever".
Well, she's got a ways to go to prove that to be true.
200w.gif

Joes Place loves himself the assist-turnover ratio.

Maybe you've got a source that contradicts what I've posted then...

• Perimeter players: A 2-to-1 ratio is ideal for wing forwards and shooting guards
  • Point guards: A 3-to-1 ratio is ideal for point guards

A positive assist-to-turnover ratio indicates that a player is maximizing possessions and not giving them away to score. It can also be an indicator of good offensive chemistry and unselfish play.

-From Google AI

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Translation: "I got PWNED posting current numbers when CC's early numbers were nowhere near as good. This is all I got now"
Joes Place: “CC’s assist to turnover ratio is currently poor and worse than most top tier players.”

TJ: Posts current assist to turnover ratio for CC compared to the top players in the WNBA.

Joes Place: “STOP POSTING CURRENT STATS!”

“when CC’s early numbers were nowhere near as good”
Post from Joe
Did you mean ‘other than being better than two of them?’
Olympic Guard at selection time
19 assists 18 turnovers
Including 4 games with zero assists
That Olympian obviously used the last game before the selection to earn their spot with a 7 assist 3 turnover game because up to that point her turnover to assist ratio was
0.8/1
That last game was the difference maker because 0.8/1 doesn’t line up very well with 2:1

That is a guard with 19 total assists in 12 games
0 DNP or tryout
Small Forward
0.57 Olympian?

Some interesting numbers. Two guards with worse assist/turnover numbers. Maybe CC should have been slotted at SF because 0.57/1 gets you on the team at that position.

Not sure this shows how valued that ratio is. I didn’t see how many 9.1 steals people had. Maybe that was the criteria.

It’s such an old story. Just drop it.
For some reason I visit this thread to see if there is anything outside of what’s on the WBB. There’s not, and I can’t believe this argument is still going on. For the sake of non-argument and calling it a draw in terms of worth at a snapshot in time when the roster was finalized, it came down to team USA not betting on the come for massive odds for massive upshot. They gambled and lost in terms of exposure/fame/glory, but won the gold. The end.

Joe is constantly sidetracking and bringing down this thread. 5 straight posts about old content?
Ridiculous. We’re moving on from the Olympic discussion. That’s over and history will speak for itself.

We’ve moved on to the end of the season seeding and the playoffs now.
He reminds me of an ex teammate I played ball with. He always had to have the last word and be right no matter how wrong he was.

Finally we learned to let him have the last word knowing he was wrong or the argument would never end. "Sure Brian" was a running joke amongst us. Maybe " Sure Joe" would work as well.

He reminds me of an ex teammate I played ball with. He always had to have the last word and be right no matter how wrong he was.

Finally we learned to let him have the last word knowing he was wrong or the argument would never end. "Sure Brian" was a running joke amongst us. Maybe " Sure Joe" would work as well.
I tried but the hypocrisy that Joe has to go along with being wrong is difficult to ignore. I will do better.

For some reason I visit this thread to see if there is anything outside of what’s on the WBB. There’s not, and I can’t believe this argument is still going on. For the sake of non-argument and calling it a draw in terms of worth at a snapshot in time when the roster was finalized, it came down to team USA not betting on the come for massive odds for massive upshot. They gambled and lost in terms of exposure/fame/glory, but won the gold. The end.
I am only going to post once in this ridiculous thread. I agree with Tenacious E quoted here but would add to me the biggest factor. That is prepping for future Olympics by giving the next star a taste of what it is like. You can argue all day about the production of the 12th player, i.e. Caitlin vs. Diana, but in the end it made no difference on the court. But maybe using that exposure for your best rookie would pay off in the future.

Last edited:
Almost comical how we continue to try and justify CC's place on the Olympic team, with stats from her "recent" play, vs the "actual" play she'd produced up to selection day.

Assists/TOs: 1.11:1
the fact that you would cite stats alone would tell me everything i need to know about your "knowledge" of basketball.
CC was loose with her handles early. much much better now. Not to mention she far far far far far outpaces the rest of the league in getting blitzed.
She also is light years ahead of her teammates and the rest of the league for that matter on tempo, passing, and just generally what a good pass is. Her teammates are starting to catch up but these paid players were worse than CC's teammates at iowa.
There's far more to the story that assist to to ratio

Reactions: Kelsers
Joes Place: “CC’s assist to turnover ratio BEFORE THE OLYMPIC SELECTION CUTOFF is currently poor and worse than most top tier players.”

TJ: Posts current assist to turnover ratio for CC compared to the top players in the WNBA, trying to claim she deserved a spot because her play NOW is closer to the top tier players. Ignoring the ratio was way BELOW the numbers he's posting as of early June

You continue to ignore the myriad of posts I've made about how much BETTER her play is now.

She still needs to cut down on the TOs. She admitted that was a problem, firsthand, for you.

When I tell you her TOs are a problem, you freak out.
When SHE tells you that "turning the ball over hurt our momentum", you basically ignore she even said it

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
the fact that you would cite stats alone would tell me everything i need to know about your "knowledge" of basketball.
That is how we compare player metrics.

It's how team owners 'rate' players for their contract renewals. It's how everyone in this thread is claiming how great she is based on Assists #s and Triple-Doubles, etc.

Now, statistics no longer matter?

CC was loose with her handles early. much much better now.
This is what I've posted for pages here (and provided you clear "statistics" that prove it).

That her early play was spotty, and poor at times. A factor in why she was not considered for the Olympic team.
If she was playing back then like she is now, they may have made a spot for her; literally what Dawn Staley inferred in her interview that got everyone riled up here.

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
You continue to ignore the myriad of posts I've made about how much BETTER her play is now.

She still needs to cut down on the TOs. She admitted that was a problem, firsthand, for you.

When I tell you her TOs are a problem, you freak out.
When SHE tells you that "turning the ball over hurt our momentum", you basically ignore she even said it
You are mentally ill....yes you are...don't argue because you are!! lol

So, is like one of those threads now where both sides are so dug in that they are just for the sake of arguing?
He's arguing because he's a gigantic douchebag. Everyone in their right mind knows leaving CC off the Olympic team will go down as one of the stupidest decisions in the history of sports but this cheese dick idiot keeps arguing about frickin assists to turnover ratio of somewhere between 6-12 games. The dumbest argument I've ever read in my life. Without question, the biggest helmet on this site. Not even close

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT