ADVERTISEMENT

The CC Show....

Holy Crap

Someone posted "Magic Johnson" early in this thread, so I made the actual comparisons.
AINEC right now.

Actually, I posted this tweet ...

And you responded ... "Now do turnovers."

And I did!

Not sure why, since I was just listing the tweet with the accomplishment and not really arguing any side, but I checked.

Magic was 3rd in the league in total turnovers his rookie year (behind such luminaries as Michael Ray Richardson and Reggie Theus! :) ). He averaged 4.0 TO per game in 79-80 (and 3.9 per game in his career).
Isaiah Thomas tied for the league lead in turnovers his rookie year. He averaged 4.2 TO per game in 81-82 (and 3.8 per game in his career).
Oscar - they didn't keep track of turnovers back then.

Caitlin is averaging 5.6 TO per game so far.

And then you went off on how much better Magic was than Caitlin in her rookie year. Game efficiency scores. Making charts!

LMAO!!!

Trumper to the hilt here. Don't show me any "facts"; my "side" has already told me what I want to hear!!!
"Don't show me any "facts"; my "side" has already told me what I want to hear!!!"

Fact - you made up a quote that I never posted.
Fact - that makes you a liar
Fact - the makes pretty much everything you post suspect because you are a proven liar

Reactions: Pinehawk

And you responded ... "Now do turnovers."

And I did!

And then you went off on how much better Magic was than Caitlin in her rookie year. Game efficiency scores. Making charts!
"Game efficiency scores"

Is this when the liar thinks efficiency scores are relevant? In some of his other lies he ignores them. He is truly an incredible example of what a lack of honesty and credibility looks like when posting.

U mean, the coach left her in, because she was ballin' it.
giphy.gif

Holy Crap

Someone posted "Magic Johnson" early in this thread, so I made the actual comparisons.
AINEC right now.
I have no idea what the point of that discussion was. Is there an argument that she’s had the greatest rookie season of all time in professional basketball?

What should have been said, if the discussion was about deserving an award, is that Magic’s rookie season has nothing to do with Clark’s rookie season in terms of awards. How does Clark stack up against other WNBA players this year? If the case can be made that she has performed better than other players THIS YEAR, then she’s in the POY discussion. Otherwise, she isn’t. There really is no other comparison that matters.

Lots of intensity to start Game 2 and Indiana is doing a better job of pushing the pace. But lots of awful shooting by both teams. Lots of airballs and missed layups.

Excellent season for Clark and the Fever. Historic in many ways. I’m looking forward to seeing them next year after they’ve had an entire offseason to work together. Hopefully they bring back Mitchell. Her speed creates a lot of pressure on opposing defenses.

And I compared Magic's overall #'s to CC

And showed you that, late in the season, they were actually quite close.
Only, the very last games and playoffs, CC has fallen off a bit, where Magic put up his best games.

CC has had a rookie season that is unmatched by most (only A'ja probably did better overall), and Napheesa had comparable late-season numbers.

But that does not make her comparable to actual, established, players in the MVP conversation - it makes her an obvious ROY winner.

Veteran players are putting up much better numbers in the playoffs than CC is.

What's intriguing to me is that her rookie numbers are 'as good' or 'better' than those veterans in their rookie seasons, which implies that CC should easily develop into a true MVP caliber player.

Napheesa had worse overall rookie numbers until the very end of her rookie season; she just put up back to back 38+ pt playoff games - ~5yrs later. That's what MVPs look like. CC did not have anything close to an "MVP" playoff series - she played very well last night (compared to the first game), but was not the best player on the floor.

You (and others) seem to not understand that while CC has had one of the greatest rookie seasons ever, she can still not be quite as good as the top tier players in the league - because the only other rookie player who could probably make that claim is A'ja, and the numbers support that.

Makes me wonder if you guys actually watch the games and the other players in the league, or just get fed the Twitter troll feeds from Indiana Fever fans that harass other players in the league incessantly. I don't have a Twitter account, so I don't get a steady diet of that bullshit.

I've posted many times she's having/had a phenomenal rookie season.
That does not make her anything close to "league MVP" at this point.

How many of you "Fever fans" have been posting harassing crap at other league players over the course of the season? Because those players have stated some of the worst vitriol has come from Fever fans (and likely CC fans).

I see interesting parallels here.

"Arike showed up for it. Bigly."

Not her rookie year.

How is this remotely relevant?
I've pointed out numerous times that CC is the clear ROY frontrunner.

That does not mean she's the best player in the league; most of the top tier players have 3+ yrs experience before they achieve that.

I wonder how many of the Twitter trolls are actually Clark/Fever fans and how many are just Twitter trolls stirring up shit.

I’m guessing NaLyssa Smith is leaving Indiana one way or another. She and Carrington are a couple and Carrington has been very vocal all season about Clark’s online ‘fans’. Smith has mostly kept quiet about it publicly but last night she posted that Carrington has received death threats and has been followed.

I have no idea what the point of that discussion was. Is there an argument that she’s had the greatest rookie season of all time in professional basketball?

People here are taking issue with me calling out that she isn't "the best player in the league", despite pointing out she's had one of the best rookie seasons in the past 6-7 yrs (possibly, ever). She compares very well to A'ja and Napheesa in their rookie seasons, who are both top tier league players a few years later.

I simply do not believe she earned "MVP votes", because there are many other league players in front of her; she should easily be unanimous ROY. Why that's controversial is baffling (just look at the playoffs #s some of the other league players are putting up compared to her).

Couple that w/ the Fever Coach pointing out before the playoffs the same thing I'd posted pages ago: the team needs to "play through" hard contact, and if you think you're fouled, keep playing" (that was on the telecast in the 1st playoff game). That was pretty clearly calling out how CC constantly appeals to officials when she's fouled and doesn't get the call, leaving her team to play 4 on 5 defense.

It's been a bad habit for her to waste time appealing the foul during play vs. getting back up quickly and on defense. It is what everyone stated she would need to adjust to: more physical play in the league - you're going to get fouled and not get the call - play on. My biggest gripe w/ her play, because it costs the team points and momentum when she 'shuts down' because she didn't get a foul call (and being poked in the eye as in Game 1 doesn't count here). Folks posting in this thread refuse to acknowledge that's one of her game weaknesses - and it was pretty obvious early in the season.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
I wonder how many of the Twitter trolls are actually Clark/Fever fans and how many are just Twitter trolls stirring up shit.

I’m guessing NaLyssa Smith is leaving Indiana one way or another. She and Carrington are a couple and Carrington has been very vocal all season about Clark’s online ‘fans’. Smith has mostly kept quiet about it publicly but last night she posted that Carrington has received death threats and has been followed.
Unfortunately since the Angel Reese ring finger gesture in the 2023 National Championship game, CC has been in the middle of many racism arguments from both sides. She personally has done nothing but handle herself well.

It's not just "Carrington"

And it's pretty wild that the "Indiana Fever Fan Base" seems to be the primary source of vitriol.

It's not just "Carrington"

And it's pretty wild that the "Indiana Fever Fan Base" seems to be the primary source of vitriol.
How many of these trolls do you think actually are fans of Clark and the Fever and how many do you think are just internet trolls seizing an opportunity to be racist assholes? Because my guess is that it’s mostly the latter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT