ADVERTISEMENT

The CC Show....

Other than it isn't.
It is.

Meanwhile, all the folks touting Clark as an MVP candidate look like idiots when she doesn't show up for the big games.

I posted her season stats compared to Magic Johnson, and her late season isn't all that far off; except in the post-season, Johnson put up some his best numbers. Clark has yet to do that. She has one more chance/game this season to prove me wrong.

Then, next year when she actually puts up MVP numbers, folks like you will whine about "how she got robbed" last year, even though the data do not remotely support that contention.

It is.

Meanwhile, all the folks touting Clark as an MVP candidate look like idiots when she doesn't show up for the big games.

I posted her season stats compared to Magic Johnson, and her late season isn't all that far off; except in the post-season, Johnson put up some his best numbers. Clark has yet to do that. She has one more chance/game this season to prove me wrong.

Then, next year when she actually puts up MVP numbers, folks like you will whine about "how she got robbed" last year, even though the data do not remotely support that contention.
Joe looks like an idiot

FIFY

Should I have put quotes around that? It is essentially what you have shown in this thread.

I didn't say "awarded"

I said "earned". She's the beneficiary of a popularity contest at this point
You still don't have a vote. The people entrusted with those votes determined that she earned the accolades. Going to burst your bubble. You can't change it.

Should I have put quotes around that?

Should I repost an updated graphic for "Magic Johnson vs CC" performance for you?

Because someone posted about how many turnovers he had, so I decided to compare them; early season was not close. Late season Clark was looking pretty solid. But in the playoff game and last games of the season, she has wilted.

Who would admit they were wrong first? Joe’s Place or Trump?
So similar.. Joe’s Place just quadrupled down on how he was actually correct about a quote he just made up.
I don’t think either can do it. I’ve never seen it.
He has been made to look like a complete ass this whole time about the Olympics... since it was such an embarrassing and humiliating display by him, he's now doubled down to pretty much rooting against her and playing devil's advocate on every single thing she does... its pathetic and tells you all you need to know about Joe. He's pretty much Sheryl Swoopes.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Should I repost an updated graphic for "Magic Johnson vs CC" performance for you?

Because someone posted about how many turnovers he had, so I decided to compare them; early season was not close. Late season Clark was looking pretty solid. But in the playoff game and last games of the season, she has wilted.

Do you know what Magic's moniker was in the 1984 NBA Finals vs Boston? Need a hint? :)

He has been made to look like a complete ass this whole time about the Olympics... since it was such an embarrassing and humiliating display by him, he's now doubled down to pretty much rooting against her and playing devil's advocate on every single thing she does... its pathetic and tells you all you need to know about Joe. He's pretty much Sheryl Swoopes.
In too deep to get out now. Like Jim Morrison said, he needs to break on through to the other side.

Not remotely true.

She's highly deserving of ROY, by a wide margin.
I'd posted how much she'd improved during the season.

Just because I don't hop onboard the bandwagon, irrespective of the actual data showing she's not performing as well as many claim, doesn't make me "Swoopes".

Do you need the graphic to understand that her late performance has fallen off quite a bit? And that the playoff game was not a "good game" for her? Or, do you just not understand shooting percentages?

Now, go look at his "rookie" season, which is what the comparison is about.
He led his team through the playoffs.

If CC can get the Fever to the next round, she's worth making comparisons. If they fold on Wednesday, not so much.

I was a Sixers fan at that time. I know all about Magic in 1980. My point is, he wasn't always good in the playoffs/pressure situations. Rookie season or not. And, it wasn't always about numbers. Watch Magic dribble out the clock in a tie game at the beginning of that clip. It isn't a turnover, it's just a brain cramp! :)

I was a Sixers fan at that time. I know all about Magic in 1980.

Then, you'd realize he was "money" during his first year in the playoffs.
Go look up his numbers.

I didn't start the comparison between him and Clark; someone else did, so I dug up the numbers.
Her last several games performances are not remotely close to Magic's. Despite her last half of the regular season being very much on par with him.

Again: do you need this graphed for you, to understand it?

Then, you'd realize he was "money" during his first year in the playoffs.
Go look up his numbers.

I didn't start the comparison between him and Clark; someone else did, so I dug up the numbers.
Her last several games performances are not remotely close to Magic's. Despite her last half of the regular season being very much on par with him.

Again: do you need this graphed for you, to understand it?

You may want to check Kareem's numbers during 1980 playoffs too. :) And, then, Kareem is hurt for game 6. Game 5 - Kareem had 40 points, 15 rebounds, and 4 blocks. Magic's game 5 - he had a quadruple double! 14 points, 10 assists, 15 rebounds, and (gasp!) 10 turnovers!

Magic has a great game that earns him the Finals MVP - 42 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists while playing Center for most of the game. (It was Kareem's award before he was hurt - check the game scores on basketball reference!) and Jamaal Wilkes also gets 37 points in the Game 6 clincher.

And no, I don't need anything graphed. I actually was watching these games when they happened. And I was a Dr J fan - even back in the ABA! :)

“Should I repost an updated graphic for "Magic Johnson vs CC" performance for you?”

With your propensity to lie and make things up? No thank you.

50 voters >>>> dishonest, lying Joe

Who would admit they were wrong first? Joe’s Place or Trump?
So similar.. Joe’s Place just quadrupled down on how he was actually correct about a quote he just made up.
I don’t think either can do it. I’ve never seen it.

Have we ever seen Trump and Joe in the same place at the same time?

Do you think Joe will storm the WNBA offices because he doesn’t think the results were accurate?
Does he have a hat that says ‘Make turnovers matter more’

• Love
“Should I repost an updated graphic for "Magic Johnson vs CC" performance for you?”

With your propensity to lie and make things up? No thank you.

50 voters >>>> dishonest, lying Joe

LMAO!!!

Trumper to the hilt here. Don't show me any "facts"; my "side" has already told me what I want to hear!!!

• Haha
Was that his rookie season?
Cuz that's what the comparisons being made are about.

Magic with 10 turnovers in Game 5 of the 1980 Finals? No comment? 1 and 2 game sample sizes are fun, aren't they? :)

Game 6 was an all-timer for sure. Magic grabs the MVP there. He was not 'leading' the Lakers to the Championship until Kareem was hurt (one game). That's the narrative I am pushing back on.

It is.

That was her first bad game in the clutch I can remember in the past 3 years. She isn't perfect, but that doesn't mean she wasn't worthy of 4th place in the MVP race. The player she is most compared to - Steph Curry - isn't immune from having a bad game here and there. That doesn't mean he's not incredible.

That was her first bad game in the clutch I can remember in the past 3 years.
Really?

I recall a pretty poor shooting performance in the WNBA AS game less than 3 yrs ago...
Her games had been consistently better, up to the last 4-5 games, where she has dropped quite a bit.

• Haha
Holy crap...WNBA POY has not a damn thing to do with what Magic did in his rookie year. How Does Clark compare to other contenders for the award THIS YEAR...that is - quite literally - the only thing that matters. This. Year.

ROY is sewn up in that regard - she doesn't have to beat the stats of ANY other ROY ever...this year is the only one that matters. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's a game.

Arike showed up for it. Bigly.
Enough already with the ASG horseshit. It was an exhibition game. Clark was clearly exhausted and ready for vacation. Jewell Loyd, Jackie Young, and Sabrina Ionescu were collectively 1-for-8 and Clark had more assists than all three of them combined. Maybe they should have been kicked off the Olympic team.

U mean, the coach left her in, because she was ballin' it.
No, the coach put in Caitlin, who was sitting at the scorer's table when Arike starting going off, and Caitlin voluntarily ran back to the bench to let her cook. Did you even watch the exhibition or are you just making things up?

Reactions: gohawks50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT