ADVERTISEMENT

Theo Akwuba

The last I knew, the “collective” was not live but being put into place. Iowa is behind the 8 ball recruiting in the portal. Hopefully that changes soon.

Oh, BTW, if you think this news is bad, there may be much worse news coming down the pike soon….I’m going to take a vacation from this site. It will be overrun by the worst of the worst if what I’m hearing comes to fruition.
No more ice cream at carver?

The last I knew, the “collective” was not live but being put into place. Iowa is behind the 8 ball recruiting in the portal. Hopefully that changes soon.

Oh, BTW, if you think this news is bad, there may be much worse news coming down the pike soon….I’m going to take a vacation from this site. It will be overrun by the worst of the worst if what I’m hearing comes to fruition.
Is this pending news about a player currently on the roster?

Either say what you’re hearing or move on. This is how teenagers seeking attention behave.

The rumor on twitter is that Kris Murray is likely signing with an agent. Idk why people cant just come out and say it.

Good for him but absolutely DEVASTATING for our team next year.
Yeah, he’s been in Chicago and training with Keegan. If his stock is high enough he’s gone, and I think it will be.
Just find it hilarious when posters pretend to be in-the-know and vaguebook.

Is Kris suddenly being projected as a first rounder or what am I missing?
You don't have to be a projected 1st rounder to hire an agent and forego college.

If they're confident he'll land with a team somehow, that may be adequate. It's not always about the money.

This would not shock me despite everyone on here claiming those of us that said Kris may go were dumb.

Is Kris suddenly being projected as a first rounder or what am I missing?
His twin is about to be a top 8 pick and he has identical size and athleticism + might be a better shooter. Not hard to see how he could be a late-first round or early second-round pick. He should take the $$, it’s in his best interest. This is why many of us have been so harsh on Fran during this portal season. Don’t think we’ve seriously recruited a single shooter (outside Fardwas) or stretch 3/4 who could replace Kris

His twin is about to be a top 8 pick and he has identical size and athleticism + might be a better shooter. Not hard to see how he could be a late-first round or early second-round pick. He should take the $$, it’s in his best interest. This is why many of us have been so harsh on Fran during this portal season. Don’t think we’ve seriously recruited a single shooter (outside Fardwas) or stretch 3/4 who could replace Kris
How the f… do you know???

It sucks that Fran is striking out on these big men. But it's not entirely his fault, he needs more NIL funding. The $EC had more money to offer BEFORE the NCAA bad it legal, now they can buy anyone they want.

Reactions: Franisdaman
You don't have to be a projected 1st rounder to hire an agent and forego college.

If they're confident he'll land with a team somehow, that may be adequate. It's not always about the money.

This would not shock me despite everyone on here claiming those of us that said Kris may go were dumb.

Based on what Kenyon said on April 18, it appeared that unless Kris was a definite 1st rounder (ie, unless something crazy happened), he would be back at Iowa next season.

This is what he wrote on April 18:

Unless something CRAZY happens between now and the June 1 deadline, Kris is coming back. He is working out with Keegan and 3 other NBA draft prospects in Chicago. Nothing against what Iowa does in the off season, but 1.5 months of training with NBA level trainers, nutritionists and strength coaches seems to be pretty good way to go for Kris to make the leaps we know he can make.

Reactions: Lumas Etima
Based on what Kenyon said on April 18, it appeared that unless Kris was a definite 1st rounder (ie, unless something crazy happened), he would be back at Iowa next season.

This is what he wrote on April 18:
I read that post but I don't recall him saying "unless he's a 1st rounder." He only said, as you've referenced, that "unless something crazy happened." Well, perhaps while working out with Keegan and the other players, something crazy did happen. It's been a couple weeks since Kenyon's post so a lot could have changed in that time.

Reactions: jonesy5960
Yeah, he’s been in Chicago and training with Keegan. If his stock is high enough he’s gone, and I think it will be.
Just find it hilarious when posters pretend to be in-the-know and vaguebook.

My guess is Kris can get paid pretty good money as a G-leaguer for a team that has patience to give him another year to blossom. Kris spent most of the past 2 years sitting on bench playing behind the coach's boys.

It sucks that Fran is striking out on these big men. But it's not entirely his fault, he needs more NIL funding. The $EC had more money to offer BEFORE the NCAA bad it legal, now they can buy anyone they want.
He doesn’t need MORE NIL funding. He just needs NIL funding…period. A day l late and a dollar short getting the NIL collective set up quickly.

Reactions: BFs Bunghole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT