ADVERTISEMENT

Theo Akwuba

Ok, I get the whole nepotism thing...I don't agree with it but whatever. But don't you think that's a bit of a stretch considering neither Connor or Patrick play the 5?
This and I'd be willing to bet that Pmac is at least 2nd team all BIG next season......

• Haha
Reactions: Bro D
You keep thinking Fran woulda found em if their dad didn't play here
Kenyon played here and he still passed on em after high school lol. Derpity derp genius
Ask Kenyon if Fran is an idiot. Ask him how the recruiting process played out, who has interest, and when. Let’s see who the idiot in this conversation is(hint…..it’s you.) I’m sure he’d be happy to tell you how far off base you are.

Can you read...I said if kenyon wasn't a hawk

You think we do anything last year without the murrays??? Lol, not a chance!

Stop it...or better yet START reading ;)
LOL!

Fran was the one of the only coaches to jump in and offer Kris and Keegan. It wasn't like Iowa got favorable treatment here. They dreamed about being Hawkeyes and Fran offered. Now, it's a negative that Fran took a shot and offered them? That's a unique take.

I get if, fans want to be part of the transfer portal business every spring. Iowa is selective. Fran has said for more than a month he wanted to add a big man. He will still add a big man. It's kind of amazing to me that now some folks are losing their minds over missing out on a kid that they didn't even know about a week ago.

so almost missed is a negative…then is an almost got a positive???
read my 1st post, if you think fran notices and gets kris and keegan if kenyon never played here, then keep thinking that.....

Last edited:
LOL!

Fran was the one of the only coaches to jump in and offer Kris and Keegan. It wasn't like Iowa got favorable treatment here. They dreamed about being Hawkeyes and Fran offered. Now, it's a negative that Fran took a shot and offered them? That's a unique take.

I get if, fans want to be part of the transfer portal business every spring. Iowa is selective. Fran has said for more than a month he wanted to add a big man. He will still add a big man. It's kind of amazing to me that now some folks are losing their minds over missing out on a kid that they didn't even know about a week ago.
they dreamed about it because their dad played here. if kenyon played for georgia, i HIGHLY doubt they become hawkeyes. not sure why this is so hard for folks to grasp???

i'd say the bigger issue is fran failing to find a b1g quality center, 2 years in a row. Seems to be an issue. It could EASILY have some or a lot to do with nil, but when you're paid to coach a team it's still your responsibility and your job. Fair or not.....

and where did i say it was a negative fran offered the twins??? huh???

Ask Kenyon if Fran is an idiot. Ask him how the recruiting process played out, who has interest, and when. Let’s see who the idiot in this conversation is(hint…..it’s you.) I’m sure he’d be happy to tell you how far off base you are.
Ask kenyon, if he'd know fran if he never played at Iowa.

then ask yourself if we'd have a good team without his kids?

sheesh

read my 1st post morons, if you think fran notices and gets kris and keegan if kenyon never played here, then keep thinking that.....
Well here's the thing about playing the "What If.." game is that it's pointless and you don't really know that and never will know that. If Kenyon doesn't play at Iowa, does he still end up in Cedar Rapids? If he doesn't attend Iowa, does he still meet his wife and have twin boys that are 6'9 super athletes? We can go on and on and on with the dumb what ifs. You're right in that Kenyon made an important, life changing decision when he was an 18 year old that had ramifications for us Iowa fans years and years later. Bottom line is, they grew up Hawkeye fans and wanted to play for Iowa. You can say that it's lucky--that's fine. Sports sometimes comes down to luck

Until the NCAA gets a grip on this shit expect more transfers and near misses on the recruiting front. Unless you can compete with others in the cash front this will be the new norm…. And it’s why college athletics is not headed in the right direction long term if this is the foreseeable model… Pay for play… giving a Tennessee QB recruit an $8 million deal… is simply f&@king ridiculous.

they dreamed about it because their dad played here. if kenyon played for georgia, i HIGHLY doubt they become hawkeyes. not sure why this is so hard for folks to grasp???

i'd say the bigger issue is fran failing to find a b1g quality center, 2 years in a row. Seems to be an issue. It could EASILY have some or a lot to do with nil, but when you're paid to coach a team it's still your responsibility and your job. Fair or not.....

and where did i say it was a negative fran offered the twins??? huh???
With all due respect it's a dumb hill you are dying on here. Just dumb. Kenyon played at Iowa. Now somehow becasue of that it's a negative or Fran just got lucky because in the early 90's Kris and Keegan's dad decided to come to Iowa, hoop, and then meets his wife and settle in CR. Stop being obtuse.

Fran will find a center. Fans were excited about Rebraca last year. It's amazing you guys are losing your minds over a center you didn't know about a week ago.

Losing this guy hurts a little more because Iowa lost out to a team who’s coach is on the chopping block and haven’t made the tournament in 3 or 4 years. Add in the fact we had a center who was NPOY a couple years ago and you have to believe NIL played a big part in that decision.

I like PMac. He’s a good player, but expecting him to make a jump like that isn’t fair. Not everyone is Keegan.
First off Keegan was 1st team all BIG, and All American. Not expecting that. Pmac has made good strides in both of his two seasons, and I think he'll make an even bigger jump on this his third season. Fran has consistently had numerous 1st team players and many years other guys on the same squad with conference honors. Several times last year, (especially later in the year) announcers from different networks made comment that his game and confidence was really developing and he could be a all conference player next year. I can certainly see this being in his grasp. We'll see.....

You are getting the mean girls aka Fran White knights aka Fran fluffers treatment from the usual turds.

LOL!

Careful, Tom. As you can see, any time anyone speaks the truth on here, BrunoMars jumps in and labels the person a white knight, a Fran fluffer or a turd.

Reactions: perryhawk
Ask kenyon, if he'd know fran if he never played at Iowa.

then ask yourself if we'd have a good team without his kids?

sheesh
You also don't know who Fran would have recruited in place of the Murrays. May have had two players that may have produced fairly well and still won the same amount of games. People can play the what if game forever.

read my 1st post, if you think fran notices and gets kris and keegan if kenyon never played here, then keep thinking that.....

Keegan and Kris were playing high school ball just up the road from Iowa City. And Fran would not have noticed them? Seriously?

Good grief. Your mental gymnastics in attempting to never give Fran any credit for anything is something.

First off Keegan was 1st team all BIG, and All American. Not expecting that. Pmac has made good strides in both of his two seasons, and I think he'll make an even bigger jump on this his third season. Fran has consistently had numerous 1st team players and many years other guys on the same squad with conference honors. Several times last year, (especially later in the year) announcers from different networks made comment that his game and confidence was really developing and he could be a all conference player next year. I can certainly see this being in his grasp. We'll see.....
Agreed. I think illness and injuries slowed Pat a bit on the development front. Barring either, I look for him to make a leap next season.

If he can continue to knock down threes at a high rate, he'll be very good. It'll open up his slash game when defenders have to respect his outside shot.

If we lose Kris, aren’t we fighting with Nebraska and Northwestern for positioning in the Big Ten, without help from the portal? I was hoping we’d get Theo.

Here’s one thing, and maybe it doesn’t matter. But Fran isn’t hitting the portal like Kris is leaving. He’s been exclusively going after big men. One would think/hope that he’d be way more aggressive if he had solid intel that Kris was actually going to stay in the draft.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT