ADVERTISEMENT

Theo Akwuba

Ole Miss is desperate. Their coach is on the hot seat and sounds like he has a very short leash this year. The rumor is that they hired a Louisiana assistant coach in order to get Theo on top of a very nice NIL package. I guess we will see soon enough if that coach thing is true.

The rumor on twitter is that Kris Murray is likely signing with an agent. Idk why people cant just come out and say it.

Good for him but absolutely DEVASTATING for our team next year.
You can now sign with agent and still return.... so that isn't the end of the rope like it use to be.

A coach who just won Iowa it's first BTT in 16 years in not on the hot seat. Stop it.
Can you read...I said if kenyon wasn't a hawk

You think we do anything last year without the murrays??? Lol, not a chance!

Stop it...or better yet START reading ;)

Ok, I get the whole nepotism thing...I don't agree with it but whatever. But don't you think that's a bit of a stretch considering neither Connor or Patrick play the 5?
That’s all he has in his arsenal of arguments….nepotism! It doesn’t make sense the vast majority of the time but he’ll keep slinging it against the wall.

And if Iowa wouldn’t have had a lousy shooting day they would have blown out Richmond….but it doesn’t matter because they did have a lousy shooting day. Same goes for Kenyon coming to iowa. He did so the rest of your argument is moot.

Well, the Murray's were fall back recruits that should have cost Fran his job at the time, so whatever. Fran was the only person interested in them at the time.

Reactions: hawkeyeinmo
I do think Kris should have gotten more minutes. I do not think his lack of minutes was due to PMac or CMac playing, however.

Also, Kris isn't really a 5 as Kenyon mentioned a few times. He was just playing that position because it was a need and Keegan was at the 4.

Iowa makes top 5 for Louisiana big man transfer Theo Akwuba

The Register beat writer said today that he doesn't expect Akwuba to be a Hawk. To add potential insult to injury, he says Kris is doing very well in NBA workouts, but he hasn't gone so far yet as to say Kris will go pro with his brother. Can't blame him if he does, but Iowa may be scrambling for scoring in that event.

Last edited:
Issues with the roster (lack of success in portal, players leaving) is another reason to harp on not breaking through during the past two seasons.

Two straight years with a first team All- American with experienced support players should yield more than a combined one NCAA tourney win and no regular season conference title.

Rip away all you want — these last two seasons were massive blown opportunities for Iowa basketball!

My guess is Kris can get paid pretty good money as a G-leaguer for a team that has patience to give him another year to blossom. Kris spent most of the past 2 years sitting on bench playing behind the coach's boys.
I think you're right. How would things have played out if Kris was given the minutes he deserved last year? If he started over Patrick maybe he would've felt better about coming back this year. I'd be salty if the coach's kid started over me even though I was better by every measurable metric.

Reactions: DewHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT