ADVERTISEMENT

This has never happened to me before....

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
So, I started wearing Sperry Top Siders in the Coast Guard. When wearing the working blue uniform, the footwear choice was boots or the Sperry boat shoes. I fell in love with their comfort, so easy to slip on and off, and have been wearing them as my primary casual footwear all these years. I go through a pair each year.

When they typically start to fail, the sole comes apart from the toe end of the shoe. Each spring I buy a new pair and the old one is relegated for wearing while working in the garden.

So last March, I bought a new pair. Flashfoward to today. The tip of the sole BROKE OFF the front of the shoe! I've been wearing this brand for 30 YEARS and I've never seen this happen! The shoes cost more than $100 so this is bullcrap! And the Sperry website doesn't even have another one available for purchase in my size right now.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

So, I started wearing Sperry Top Siders in the Coast Guard. When wearing the working blue uniform, the footwear choice was boots or the Sperry boat shoes. I fell in love with their comfort, so easy to slip on and off, and have been wearing them as my primary casual footwear all these years. I go through a pair each year.

When they typically start to fail, the sole comes apart from the toe end of the shoe. Each spring I buy a new pair and the old one is relegated for wearing while working in the garden.

So last March, I bought a new pair. Flashfoward to today. The tip of the sole BROKE OFF the front of the shoe! I've been wearing this brand for 30 YEARS and I've never seen this happen! The shoes cost more than $100 so this is bullcrap! And the Sperry website doesn't even have another one available for purchase in my size right now.

I’m a straight man and wear straight man’s shoes. Sorry OP, I can’t help.

Don't you live in a manor?

Reactions: lucas80
Rich people don't buy defective shoes. Their shoes are hand made for their sensitive feet.

Sperry's top of the line boat shoe is the Men's Gold Cup™ Authentic Original™ Handcrafted in Maine Boat Shoe for $374.95.

But they don't have it in my size.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Reactions: GOHOX69
Sperry's top of the line boat shoe is the Men's Gold Cup™ Authentic Original™ Handcrafted in Maine Boat Shoe for $374.95.

$375 for shoes? I’ll find you a knockoff from a boat for $20. Just spray them with febreeze and keep pets away for a week before wearing

I've got a pair of Quoddy MTO Boat Mocs, sent them in to get resoled this spring. Good as new.

Handmade in Maine, and can be resoled to last many years.

Reactions: dgordo

Donald Trump GIF

Reactions: bdg8 and BelemNole
Here's what a commoner such as myself would do for the just separating soles. With an appropriate adhesive ... wait for it ... glue the sole back to the leather!!!

Or take it to a cobbler and have him do it.

Here's what a commoner such as myself would do for the just separating soles. With an appropriate adhesive ... wait for it ... glue the sole back to the leather!!!

By that time the shoes are looking pretty tired, so the annual rotation works out quite well.

Until this happened. :mad:

• Wow
Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk

Dear Penthouse…? Leave disappointed

You guys are trying to talk logic to someone who is paying $100 for these. I stopped wearing them in middle school.

0195115_000.01212022

They're wonderful. They conform to the shape of your foot and they're like a second skin. Perfect for the Florida lifestyle.

No good in cold weather, though.

Timberland boat shoes
End of thread

If they see your purchase history, it might be worth escalating and getting a free pair. Or a subscription service

yDNAvW7.jpeg

Reactions: The Tradition
What does that have to do with defective shoes?
Well by your own words you had to buy a new pair every year because the old ones started to fall apart. Obviously they've always been defective shoes and they're just a little worse now.

I always buy New Balance these days and usually wear them for 3 or 4 years before I just get tired of looking at them and buy a new pair. I've never had one fall apart on me. Buy better stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: The Tradition

A shoe that has the sole coming off after only a year is definitely NOT worth taking to a cobbler. Landfill only.

Well by your own words you had to buy a new pair every year because the old ones started to fall apart. Obviously they've always been defective shoes and they're just a little worse now.

I always buy New Balance these days and usually wear them for 3 or 4 years before I just get tired of looking at them and buy a new pair. I've never had one fall apart on me. Buy better stuff.

New Balance makes boat shoes?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT