ADVERTISEMENT

time to speculate about this falls starting Offense

From the 5-yard line, Spencer throws a one-yard pass on 4th and 2.

It was disgusting and embarrassing.
Should have never had anyone running a route there. Don't make it that close. I guess if I were him I might assume LaPorta can fall forward and get a yard, but didn't happen. As we saw with the Vikings they do it in the Pros too. Cousins is still there.

Should have never had anyone running a route there. Don't make it that close. I guess if I were him I might assume LaPorta can fall forward and get a yard, but didn't happen. As we saw with the Vikings they do it in the Pros too. Cousins is still there.
If Kirk Cousins’ #1 go-to receiver on said play ran one yard short of a first down that close to the end zone, shame on them as well.

I can see it happening if the quarterback is forced to scramble and throws to a WR one yard short out of desperation but, for that to be THEE guy you’re going to……chicken sh*t football.

That’s the thing. And they had an all time great defense in 2022 and won 7. Because there are times when your offense has to win you a game, because the defense might have an off day, be playing a powerhouse etc. And Iowa hasn’t had the ability to do that in a while. When is the last time iowa won a game when the offense was called upon to score 30 plus?!? Maybe like five or six years. That overtime game at ISU maybe?!? Minnesota in 2018?
I wouldn't put a few of those losses on the defense at all. Just because they gave up 54 to Ohio State doesn't mean they had an off day. They played incredibly well until they were gassed because our offense kept going 3 and out and/or throwing interceptions.

QB Cade
RB Kaleb
WR Ragini
WR Vines
WR Anderson
TE Lachay JR
LT Richman JR
LG Colby JR
C Jones JR
RG Feth SR
RT Parker SR
it will get interesting if they add anyone from the portal as they will fill the holed needed as backups.
We will be in a 2 TE set most of the time

breaking the options gown for pass catchers Iowa will have these going into this fall
WR
Ragini
Vines
Anderson

TE
All
Lacheu

RB
Kaleb Johnson
Leshon Williams

that gives them 7 options, what they will need are the backups to the WR's.

breaking the options gown for pass catchers Iowa will have these going into this fall
WR
Ragini
Vines
Anderson

TE
All
Lacheu

RB
Kaleb Johnson
Leshon Williams

that gives them 7 options, what they will need are the backups to the WR's.
Has anyone else heard that Anderson has a pretty serious hamstring issue? Like not just a small pull or strain.

speculating-if-its.jpg

I wouldn't put a few of those losses on the defense at all. Just because they gave up 54 to Ohio State doesn't mean they had an off day. They played incredibly well until they were gassed because our offense kept going 3 and out and/or throwing interceptions.
so you are claiming Iowa should win or compete against OSU who consistently gets top 5 recruiting classes with Iowa who gets 40' and 50th ranked recruiting classes, although until recent classes have been #35, #30, #23, #31, a improvement yes. but it is still close to top 5 classes.

where Iowa gets a rare 5* OSU gets 2 maybe 3 in every class. the only 5* that Iowa got in the 2023 class in Proctor ended going to Alabama.

since 2016 Iowa has landed 2 5*'s in DE Epenesa and SS Nwankpa and yet you expect scratch that demand to be as good if not better than OSU.

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
so you are claiming Iowa should win or compete against OSU who consistently gets top 5 recruiting classes with Iowa who gets 40' and 50th ranked recruiting classes, although until recent classes have been #35, #30, #23, #31, a improvement yes. but it is still close to top 5 classes.

where Iowa gets a rare 5* OSU gets 2 maybe 3 in every class. the only 5* that Iowa got in the 2023 class in Proctor ended going to Alabama.

since 2016 Iowa has landed 2 5*'s in DE Epenesa and SS Nwankpa and yet you expect scratch that demand to be as good if not better than OSU.

You are literally an insane person.

Did the 2017 game not happen?

Did the 2017 game not happen?
that game happened because every thing fell just right for the hawks it will become more consistant as Iowa gets more top 25 recruiting classes.

rather than have 2* and walk ons in the starting or 2 deeps they will start to have more 3* and 4* as the backups

its a legitmate question, when ever some one bitches about Iowa losing to OSU. that question needs to be asked and a answer should be given.
That would be great if he had been bitching about losing to OSU, but he wasn't. He was simply explaining that OSU putting up 54 points wasn't solely due to the defense playing bad, it was as much short fields and they were on the damn field for nearly the entire game because the offense couldn't sustain anything.

Hope that helps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT