ADVERTISEMENT

Tomorrow this needs to happen.

Barta fires Brian Ferentz and if KF tries to overrule him then KF is fired for Cause (insubordination).
And I give that a huge
th

Barnett at least, right?
Why? I don’t like the job he has done either but this is a young line that is physically inferior to most defensive lines we face, this will not be the case in a year from now. The fact that we didn’t hit in the portal hurt us more than Barnett does. Every program goes through a tough cycle on occasion, lots of what happened to this line was beyond his control

It is not Barnett fault or the players fault that they are playing in there one year to early.

Last edited:
I'm on the boat of getting a new OC. I'm not on the boat of firing Kirk. Once Kirk goes, so too does Phil, I think, and probably Proctor.

Edit: Unless Kirk comes out and says that he's been hamstringing Brian. Then Brian should stay. Remember, Padilla and Petras are Greg Davis' QB recruits and Labas and May are Brian's.

My guess is they are going to use the inexperience on the OL as justification for the poor performance this year and say "Just wait two years and we will have a really good offense". And if we do, then the seat will cool down again.

Reactions: Ignored
Brian and Kirk both need to go. The program is headed down, and will continue to do so until they are both gone. It is absolutely indefensible that Brian was ever hired to begin with, but even more so that he hasn't been fired. Our offense will never be good because there simply isn't the talent required at the skill positions, but maybe with new coaches that still don't coach like its 1999 that could change.

My guess is they are going to use the inexperience on the OL as justification for the poor performance this year and say "Just wait two years and we will have a really good offense". And if we do, then the seat will cool down again.
Don't forget next year they will be saying they are playing a new qb with no experience as well. Unless Petrash pulls out the biggest middle finger in history and comes back for another year.

I'm on the boat of getting a new OC. I'm not on the boat of firing Kirk. Once Kirk goes, so too does Phil, I think, and probably Proctor.

Edit: Unless Kirk comes out and says that he's been hamstringing Brian. Then Brian should stay. Remember, Padilla and Petras are Greg Davis' QB recruits and Labas and May are Brian's.

Incorrect. BF was OC when Petras committed in December 2017. GDGD retired after the 16 season. The current staff owns SP and AP.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Why? I don’t like the job he has done either but this is a young line that is physically inferior to most defensive lines we face, this will not be the case in a year from now. The fact that we didn’t hit in the portal hurt us more than Barnett does. Every program goes through a tough cycle on occasion, lots of what happened to this line was beyond his control
Beyond his control? except for recruiting and development. that is how you are supposed to not go through a tough cycle.

I am at a point where I believe nothing will change other than they may use Barnett as a scapegoat for this year or next. And following year as mentioned, untested QB so all bets are off. So, even if all goes to hell for two/three years Ferentzx2 will be untouched.

And recruiting players for the offense will be a disaster in 2024.

JMO

Incorrect. BF was OC when Petras committed in December 2017. GDGD retired after the 16 season. The current staff owns SP and AP.
we honored their commitment, but davis was the primary recruiter. by that time if we didn't go with petras we might not have had a qb in the class.

Don't forget next year they will be saying they are playing a new qb with no experience as well. Unless Petrash pulls out the biggest middle finger in history and comes back for another year.
Yet another reason why Kirk refuses to play anyone but Petras……so he can use the excuse of a new QB if/when the offense stinks again next year.

we honored their commitment, but davis was the primary recruiter. by that time if we didn't go with petras we might not have had a qb in the class.

Zach Wilson was scheduled to visit the same week they took Petras' commitment. And again, GDGD had been gone for months by then. They had played an entire season with BF as OC. Padilla was a HS soph when GDGD was still a part of the Iowa staff.

Zach Wilson was scheduled to visit the same week they took Petras' commitment. And again, GDGD had been gone for months by then. They had played an entire season with BF as OC. Padilla was a HS soph when GDGD was still a part of the Iowa staff.
Still no guarantee on Zach Wilson.

I don't think Phil goes he's old school not leaving his guy's. Unless we hire some jackass.

I spoke to Elon Musk. He agreed to buy out KF contract and also supply NIL money.. We should be fine .. lol

Let’s just start with new qb

In a perfect world, Brian would demonstrate he has integrity and tender his resignation.
In a perfect world Kirk would have demonstrated some integrity in early 2017 and hired someone that was actually qualified for the job with a history of solid results. Not his oldest son

When you're a Ferentz, you are hired for life so don't expect BF to be getting anything but a raise after the season!!

Barta fires Brian Ferentz and if KF tries to overrule him then KF is fired for Cause (insubordination).
That’s what should happen but they have too much of a buddy system in place for that to ever happen.

Nothing like this is in the immediate offing,.. and when change does come it will either begin with or at least include the AD.

The Chryst firing doesn't help KF's cause that all is well. The heat will only turn up from here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT