ADVERTISEMENT

Trump indicted for January 6th..Trial is set for March 4, 2024..UPDATE/Correction: Meadows granted Limited use immunity

He tried.
He was on his way, with Trump blackmailing Ukraine for election help.

Did you forget all about Trump dismantling NATO unity during his term?

Condi Rice didn't. She stated she did not believe it was possibly to bring NATO nations back together.
Before Biden.
Uhhh no. Putin did NOT try and go into Ukraine when Trump was in office. I can't stand the man....but Trump went after NATO because the US was paying most other members shares of the defense cost. He did not hide that at all, and it is totally documented. I do NOT want NATO gone, but i sure as heck want the other members to carry their own weight. Don't you?

Uhhh no. Putin did NOT try and go into Ukraine when Trump was in office.

Uh....did I say "invade" Ukraine?
No. I did not.

Putin wanted to re-acquire it with another puppet. Which Trump was dumb enough to help him do with dividing NATO powers, and threatening to pull out of NATO.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Uh....did I say "invade" Ukraine?
No. I did not.

Putin wanted to re-acquire it with another puppet. Which Trump was dumb enough to help him do with dividing NATO powers, and threatening to pull out of NATO.
And again, you are making no sense. Who is this puppet that Trump helped him get installed? Zelensky became President in 2019. Zelensky wanted to be part of NATO. He made the request. Putin was pissed. Trump (the idiot that he is) was trying to get the rest of NATO to pay their fair share of cost....which they were not. There is ABSOLULTY NOTHING wrong with that. Do you disagree that was his intention? Because his statments AND Germany would beg to differ with you.

He didn't get his puppet installed. Because Trump didn't win re-election

Invasion was his fallback.

You're pretty slow on the uptake here.
OMG...you can't even get your aguments straight. Now, you have changed it to "Trump never got his puppet installed because he didn't get re-elected in 2020". But never mind that he could have done that in any one one of 2017, 2018 or 2019 after being in office for 3 years. Yep, Trump really failed Putin by letting Zalensky get the Presidency. Just stop...you have lost this debate. Move on.

This is where your MAGA leanings are exposed.

There is no "fair share of cost" in NATO. There is a GDP requirement for military spend, internally.

NATO was not "costing" the US anything.
Keep deflecting.....it is clear you know NOTHING about NATO.

Easily found on the Web. "The number of NATO nations meeting or exceeding the alliance's (agreed upon) spending target has continued to fall, according to the latest official estimates.

The UK (and US) is one of only eight nations out of 30 believed to be hitting the target.....

Last edited:
OMG...you can't even get your aguments straight. Now, you have changed it to "Trump never got his puppet installed because he didn't get re-elected in 2020".
LOLWUT?

PUTIN didn't get his puppet installed. And when Trump didn't win re-election, Biden started smoothing over relations with NATO countries, which COULD HAVE enabled Ukraine to enter.

Putin panicked. Invasion was his last-ditch gambit over trying to take over more satellite countries with information warfare.

LOLWUT?

PUTIN didn't get his puppet installed. And when Trump didn't win re-election, Biden started smoothing over relations with NATO countries, which COULD HAVE enabled Ukraine to enter.

Putin panicked. Invasion was his last-ditch gambit over trying to take over more satellite countries with information warfare.
Sorry, again you are failing here. Either Trump was intrumental to Putin or not. Trump did NOTHING to help Putin with regard to Ukraine for the entire 3 years prior to Zalensky being installed as President. But, bu gosh, if Trump had been re-elected all that would change. Please tell me if Trump made the statements regarding NATO members paying what they agreed on or not. You won't because you know it is true and it would blow your agument apart.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Correct; there were no "NATO contributions".

This is precisely what I'd posted for you, Cletus.
Good grief. This is not HARD Moron.......well, except for you. Again......each NATO member AGREED to pay a certain amount for defense...most were not doing that. Per the NY Times - He (Trump) is correct that only five of the 28 members currently meet that goal, and they are the United States, Greece, Britain, Estonia and Poland.

Of course he did.

Were you sleeping for those 4 years? The Senate had to OVERRIDE Trump on Ukraine policy, Cletus.
Ahhh....so Trump not wanting to send money to Ukraine caused all of this. Thank God for that Democratically Controlled Senate at the time. 😂

Good grief. This is not HARD Moron.......well, except for you. Again......each NATO member AGREED to pay a certain amount for defense...most were not doing that.

They didn't "PAY" NATO anything.

They agreed to spend a certain percent on their own defense budgets. There was no "America is paying for all of it" nonsense.

And NOW, most of them are contributing a much larger share of their own budgets than we currently are.

Trump not wanting to send WEAPONS to Ukraine.

For Ukraine to DEFEND itself. Forget about the Senate overriding a Trump Veto (again)?
Oh Please...you are talking about him holding up the sending of Javelins to Ukraine because he wanted to make sure they would pay us back in the end. For petes sake, Obama did less for Ukraine then that idiot Trump did. And Obama was in the thick of Crimea during his terms.......

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
They didn't "PAY" NATO anything.

They agreed to spend a certain percent on their own defense budgets. There was no "America is paying for all of it" nonsense.

And NOW, most of them are contributing a much larger share of their own budgets than we currently are.
I said .....now read carefully - "each NATO member AGREED to pay a certain amount for defense...most were not doing that." Were in that statment did I say pay "TO NATO"? And, America was indeed sending money to protect those boarders in Europe....and if you deny that...you are insane.

They did not "agree to pay" anything.

They "agreed" to spend a minimum percent of GDP on defense. NATO got no "payments". Anywhere.
Good Lord. If you are going to SPEND money...you are going to PAY money. And, those were not MY words, they came from the NY times. So, take it up with them. 😂

AGAIN: THEY WERE NOT PAYING NATO ANYTHING.

That is a Trump Talking Point.
AGAIN....,THEY WERE AGREEING TO PAY MONEY AS PART OF NATO......FOR THE NATO EFFORT. And, once again, who gave more money / Equipment to support Ukraine....Trump or Obama? Answer that question. I hate....hate...hate pointing this out to you because I want the man (Trump) gone, AND I would take Obama back in a heartbeat. But, truth matters.

Seriously

The Senate overrode his veto.
Why did he veto the sending of the Javelins? What did he say?

Now, lets do this. We BOTH agree Trump should be GONE....correct? Now, all you have to do is come to the non partisan realisation that Biden should follow him right out the door and we will be on our way.

AGAIN....,THEY WERE AGREEING TO PAY MONEY AS PART OF NATO......FOR THE NATO EFFORT.
No. There is no "NATO EFFORT" or "PAYMENT"

The agreement is to spend ~1-2% of GDP on defense. Period.
So that you HAVE defense infrastructure in place WHEN NATO is activated as a defensive force.

Now, all you have to do is come to the non partisan realisation that Biden should follow him right out the door and we will be on our way.
Why should Biden "follow him out the door"?

You have yet to comment on the successes Biden's administration has put in place for Main St Americans.

I will vote for Biden again IF he continues to exhibit that success. Whether he is a "vibrant public speaker" or not.

Which of those elements piss you off so much? Do I need to link that post again? Because all you have done is responded with emojis.

No. There is no "NATO EFFORT" or "PAYMENT"

The agreement is to spend ~1-2% of GDP on defense. Period.
So that you HAVE defense infrastructure in place WHEN NATO is activated as a defensive force.
Of course, and what happens when a country does NOT abide by that spending? Tht is the whole point. Some were doing the AGREED UPON SPENDING (Payments to keep that part of the deal) and others were not. And it was BS.....

They did not "agree to pay" anything.

They "agreed" to spend a minimum percent of GDP on defense. NATO got no "payments". Anywhere.
NATO members also make direct cash payments for what are referred to as “Common Funding Arrangements.” These payments are a more accurate reflection of the “cost” of being a member of NATO and are based on the Gross National Income (GNI) of each member. The payments support NATO’s staff and operating costs of alliance headquarters, NATO’s military budget (the costs of the alliance’s integrated command structure), and the NATO Security Investment Program, helping improve military capabilities of newer member nations.

These annual contributions from alliance members don’t cover the costs of NATO training exercises or military operations. When these costs arise, they are generally funded by participating individual nations.

The total cost for the Common Funding Arrangements in 2020 totaled 2.46 billion Euros — roughly $2.76 billion. The contributions from the United States, based on GNI, account for roughly 16.3% of that total or roughly $442 million. Germany is the other largest contributor to the Common Funding Arrangement, matching the United States and covering roughly 16.3% of total costs. The United Kingdom contributes 11.3%. France contributes 10.5%. Italy contributes 8.8% and Canada 6.9%.

All these statistics don’t give us a clear answer to the question: How much money does the United States spend on NATO? We can point to the “Defense Burdensharing/NATO” line in the Fiscal Year 2022 President’s budget request. That number was $640 million and appears to include both the U.S. portion of the Common Funding Arrangements, plus another $205 million in military construction. But a complete answer is much more difficult to winkle out. What are the costs of NATO training exercises? How about military operations in Europe in response to Russian attacks in Ukraine? Annual contributions to NATO don’t cover these exercises or contingencies.

And then there’s the so-called European Deterrence Initiative, (EDI) requested at just under $3.7 billion in FY22. This is a program to, “[c]ontinue to enhance the capability and readiness of U.S. Forces, NATO Allies, and regional partners of the U.S. for a faster response to any aggression in Europe and transnational threats by a regional adversary against the sovereign territory of NATO nations.” It’s hard to argue that this program isn’t an additional “cost” to NATO membership, although it isn’t required under any NATO agreement. It’s equally difficult to parse exactly what portion of this program benefits the United States alone, rather than our allies. (Taxpayers for Common Sense, 3/18/22)

#NoPaymentsAnywhere

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT