ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter experiences massive loss of advertising.

Yeah… the pro gun regulations pro abortion rights NC is a total hardline republican who lacks @Moral s

hell, moral has even said I’m left of him on guns. He’s an excellent poster because he doesn’t blindly promote a candidate. He actually thinks for himself, and everyone on here could learn a lot from him.
Smile more post less.

Reactions: ping72
Maybe other manufacturers, Tesla has the infrastructure because they have invested in their supercharger network. Other manufacturers dont have the infrastucture because they cannot make EVs economically and don’t want to make them.
Other companies have deep pockets. When the demand changes, I would expect to see many players in the market.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Other companies have deep pockets. When the demand changes, I would expect to see many players in the market.

VW is ~$200B in debt and has lost $10-$20B through JV’s and investments in autonomous vehicle tech…so far. They better hope those deep pockets of their debtors can somehow continue indefinitely.

VW is ~$200B in debt and has lost $10-$20B through JV’s and investments in autonomous vehicle tech…so far. They better hope those deep pockets of their debtors can somehow continue indefinitely.

I think they will make it... you must not think so. Just wondering, what percentage of Americans do you think will own a Tesla by say... 2035?

Reports indicate this was already in testing BEFORE Musk took over.

So, he's basically taking credit for something the folks he fired worked on and were getting ready for rollout.

Reports indicate?

and what’s wrong with him announcing it? why didn’t they do it sooner? what’s all this sinister taking credit business? who cares who gets the credit? It’s a good thing that it is happening. Changes have been long overdue at Twitter.

I think they will make it... you must not think so. Just wondering, what percentage of Americans do you think will own a Tesla by say... 2035?

15-20% conservatively
25-30% if the legacy autos cannot scale and Tesla continues to aggressively scale. One or two new giga factories are likely to be announced by end of the year. One in North America(Canada) and one overseas, possibly UK. We’ll see.

15-20% conservatively
25-30% if the legacy autos cannot scale and Tesla continues to aggressively scale. One or two new giga factories are likely to be announced by end of the year. One in North America(Canada) and one overseas, possibly UK. We’ll see.
20 percent is a fanciful dream given current pricing.

Reactions: tumorboy
15-20% conservatively
If you're talking about new car sales. That while probably overly optimistic is possible. If not put down the pipe.

The best part of Twitter right now is that Valerie Bertinelli took Elon Musk's name and has a blue checkmark with it, and is tweeting out vote democrats and various candidates. Elon made a big mistake. Literally, Valerie or "wolfiesmom" is tweeting as Elon because his stupid changes allowed it to happen.

The best part of Twitter right now is that Valerie Bertinelli took Elon Musk's name and has a blue checkmark with it, and is tweeting out vote democrats and various candidates. Elon made a big mistake. Literally, Valerie or "wolfiesmom" is tweeting as Elon because his stupid changes allowed it to happen.
That's awesome!

Reactions: noleclone2
Count me in as someone who doesn’t understand companies spending advertising dollars on Twitter. Does anyone actually read or click on Twitter ads?
I don’t have the app or a Twitter account, and I’m not sure I’ve ever noticed an ad on Twitter, much less clicked on one.

I doubt there will be fewer ads. It's just, instead of McDonalds and Coca-Cola, you'll be seeing ads for overseas brides and sugardaddy/sugarbaby hookup sites.
I'm sure the McDonald's and Coca-Cola's will be back if the traffic is there.

This whole thing is hilarious. From the idiocy of Musk buying the damned thing to all the idiot people freaking out that he did.

I hope everybody suffers. Twitter becomes very unprofitable, the people freaking out over his ownership have aneurysms, and the corps that depend on running ads on crap like Twitter see their shares drop in value.

They all suck.

Reactions: globalhawk
I left Twitter after musk bought it.

Tell me what I am. Use all caps, baby.

Emblematic of the brain-rot of our citizenry where anything remotely political is concerned?

Ok. That wasn't very nice...

I see this as nothing more a political feud over moderating practices on Twitter leading to an impulsive, autist CEO buying his favorite toy and the resulting freakout by the people that don't like him because of his position on said moderation.

And, also, I suppose, because he has the temerity to spend more time bitching about their political faction rather than their rival political faction -- we're divided up not by what we like and what we believe, but rather, who we spend more time bitching about.

The kicker in all this... the moderation changes he'll make won't be that noteworthy.

Enter endless hours of stupid debate and hand wringing by people across the internet and 24/7 political-news-as-entertainment outfits.

Stupid unserious shit.

Stupid unserious shit.
About which you had an awful lot to say. Musk giving you a cut for your customer retention services?

Also, you forgot to include in your description of Musk’s not “noteworthy” moderation, that use of the n-bomb on Twitter exploded after he bought it. Like thousands of times higher than days before. That’s something, innit?

About which you had an awful lot to say. Musk giving you a cut for your customer retention services?

Also, you forgot to include in your description of Musk’s not “noteworthy” moderation, that use of the n-bomb on Twitter exploded after he bought it. Like thousands of times higher than days before. That’s something, innit?

That's because everybody hyped up Elon's potential moderation reforms as turning Twitter into 4chan. Which never made any sense. Let's assume that he'll take the most liberal interpretation of free speech possible. Run with that. It'll give our readers/viewers something to freak out about -- hell, we're people that freak out anyway, it's what we do. Nuance? No. Freakout? Yes. Every time. Freakout. Worst possible outcome, that's where all the attention goes. People eat it up, it gets views.

Anyway... wondering -- and I'm sure hoping for some trolls & white supremacists -- that maybe Elon would be turning Twitter into a free for all... they stopped in to check out what they could get away with.

That's likely what that was about.

Reactions: Moral
That's because everybody hyped up Elon's potential moderation reforms as turning Twitter into 4chan. Which never made any sense. Let's assume that he'll take the most liberal interpretation of free speech possible. Run with that. It'll give our readers/viewers something to freak out about -- hell, we're people that freak out anyway, it's what we do. Nuance? No. Freakout? Yes. Every time. Freakout. Worst possible outcome, that's where all the attention goes. People eat it up, it gets views.

Anyway... wondering -- and I'm sure hoping for some trolls & white supremacists -- that maybe Elon would be turning Twitter into a free for all... they stopped in to check out what they could get away with.

The only thing to truly be worried about Twitter. Is for it to be used to coordinate another riot.

20 percent is a fanciful dream given current pricing.

The only reason pricing is so high is because demand is so high. They raised prices 7 time in a calendar year. People were ordering them, taking delivery and flipping them for $10K extra. They have the highest gross margins in the industry and plenty of room to drop prices when demand cools off. The model 3 long range has so much demand they had to shut off the ability to order one about a month ago. They didn’t want customer waiting in excess of a year as people get upset waiting that long.

The problem with this story is that it was pure fiction. You fell for ABC lies created by a bot campaign to manipulate you and trumpeted by ABC. How does it feel to be duped like this?

It was a bot campaign so media outlets like ABC could spread lies and manipulate people. Their intent was to turn people off of using Twitter. It worked on people like @FlickShagwell Thankfully not everyone is so credulous and gullible.

The only reason pricing is so high is because demand is so high. They raised prices 7 time in a calendar year. People were ordering them, taking delivery and flipping them for $10K extra. They have the highest gross margins in the industry and plenty of room to drop prices when demand cools off. The model 3 long range has so much demand they had to shut off the ability to order one about a month ago. They didn’t want customer waiting in excess of a year as people get upset waiting that long.

Ps, the Shanghai factory is doing “original engineering” on a product “to be name later” which is long been believed to be the hatchback version of the model 3. Shorter, less wide, smaller battery pack, lighter. Particularly for the Asian and European markets. I’m guessing it will be in the $30K-$35K range. It will likely have insane demand so if you or anyone wants one you better act fast. Tesla makes products that address “segments.” This is the natural evolution of their product lineup. The problem they had in 2020 & 2021 is that they were cell constrained, the last earnings call indicated they are no longer cell constrained. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear it is announced by the end of this year for production in 2024. 2023 is all about the Cybertruck.

It was a bot campaign so media outlets like ABC could spread lies and manipulate people. Their intent was to turn people off of using Twitter. It worked on people like @FlickShagwell Thankfully not everyone is so credulous and gullible.
Yeah, I guess there is the actual question of how much the word appeared in twitter searches and by whom was it being searched by.

You know, basic fact gathering stuff.

DERP.

It actually happened, “not campaign” (whatever that is) and numerous orgs covered it. The use of the n bomb exploded. That’s a fact. But the guy whose job it is to make sure this stuff doesn’t happen says that “nearly” all the accounts that were posting slurs were “inauthentic,” so nothing to see here, I suppose. He’s in cover his ass mode but yeah, he’s giving you the straight story.

DM me about a bridge in Brooklyn I’m selling.

Reactions: Ree4
The n word hash tag was trending. It’s not like some nasty gotcha journalists were snooping around. It was right there front and center.

Obviously the subtext here by many pointing this out is that Elon is going to let all this racist content hangout on twitter. This is the new twitter, Elon doesn't care about hate speech. Because look... trending hashtag.

But if it really was a trolling effort by a small number of accounts, that paints a different picture than what was being suggested. Add to that... this is all happening as the company is changing hands, twitter and Elon have all media eyes on them.

Responding to the increase in N-word occurrences, Yoel Roth, Twitter’s head of safety and integrity, on Saturday evening posted a thread blaming the hateful conduct on a “trolling campaign.” According to Roth, over the previous 48 hours, Twitter had seen “a small number of accounts post a ton of tweets that include slurs and other derogatory terms.” He said more than 50,000 tweets repeatedly using “a particular slur” — an evident reference to the N-word — had come from just 300 accounts, nearly all of which are “inauthentic.”

“Twitter’s policies haven’t changed. Hateful conduct has no place here. And we’re taking steps to put a stop to an organized effort to make people think we have,” Roth said.

Obviously the subtext here by many pointing this out is that Elon is going to let all this racist content hangout on twitter. This is the new twitter, Elon doesn't care about hate speech. Because look... trending hashtag.

But if it really was a trolling effort by a small number of accounts, that paints a different picture than what was being suggested. Add to that... this is all happening as the company is changing hands, twitter and Elon have all media eyes on them.

You guys realize Elon is a South African. The most segregated and racist country on the planet. The one that adhered to apartheid and made it part of their law. That is baked into his dna. Apartheid might be gone legally but it's still practiced de facto.

I have some concerns about how "creator monetization" will mix with stuff like Qanon. Now there will be even more of a incentive for grifters to promote conspiracy theories. Hopefully they can figure out a way to avoid the environment that lets qanon spread while keeping "free speech".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT