ADVERTISEMENT

When the Transfer Portal Opens - Iowa Will have NO Offensive Coordinator & NO QBs Coach

You said we played Michigan this year, dumnbass
Oh I know. Seems like that matters to you.

Where were you in 2017? 2018? 2019? 2020? Criticizing BF offense?

What? You only want to pay attention to facts that suit you? No surprise here.

What’s it like have a losing record at tic-tac-toe? 😂😂😂😂

I’ve met raccoons and beaver smarter than you.

Oh I know. Seems like that matters to you.

Where were you in 2017? 2018? 2019? 2020? Criticizing BF offense?

What? You only want to pay attention to facts that suit you? No surprise here.

What’s it like have a losing record at tic-tac-toe? 😂😂😂😂
I’m sure the claims of racism hurts, but he is reportedly a jackass in practice, and if he’s damaged goods recruiting, it’s time to move on. So, quit lying about cheating Michigan being part of our offensive ineptitude

Reactions: littlez
So, quit lying about cheating Michigan being part of our offensive ineptitude
That simple misstatement about MI wasn’t a lie… it’s called bait. Dumbasses like you like to remember some facts but not all the facts.

And you’re right, Iowa didn’t play cheating MI yet. They play MI today, how could I have missed my pals in PA? 😂😂

Maybe one day you’ll graduate to checkers.

Last edited:
That simple misstatement about MI wasn’t a lie… it’s called bait. Dumbasses like you like to remember some facts but not all the facts.

And you’re right, Iowa didn’t play cheating MI yet. They play MI today, how could I have missed my pals in PA? 😂😂

Maybe one day you’ll graduate to checkers.
Misinformation as bait is also a lie. Admit you were wrong

And there you have it. QB targets, OL targets, WR targets are already entering the portal and committing to other teams.

Meanwhile, Brian, who is still getting paid $75,000 for the month of December, is doing ZERO recruiting and is instead enrolled in anger management class.

At least teams like Washington, USC, and Oregon aren't joining the league next year and offense can remain optional, right? No need to worry about recruiting when we've got Brian's feelings to worry about.

And there you have it. QB targets, OL targets, WR targets are already entering the portal and committing to other teams.

Meanwhile, Brian, who is still getting paid $75,000 for the month of December, is doing ZERO recruiting and is instead enrolled in anger management class.

At least teams like Washington, USC, and Oregon aren't joining the league next year and offense can remain optional, right? No need to worry about recruiting when we've got Brian's feelings to worry about.
Phil gets angry, very very angry.

Hint: We aren't go after any QBs anyway.

I mean, the portal has been open for less than 24 hours, as you said we weren’t likely to go after a qb unless we lose more than 1 guy.

Lots of priorities, including finding the new OC.
If we lose Labas we aren't going after some top guy as his replacement either.

Got to be some priorities on the OL and maybe an experienced TE if any out there. And likely at linebacker. If Keuter is the guy, he should be in the mix in there next season.

If we lose Labas we aren't going after some top guy as his replacement either.

Got to be some priorities on the OL and maybe an experienced TE if any out there. And likely at linebacker. If Keuter is the guy, he should be in the mix in there next season.

OL, maybe LB and likely DB are the priorities imo.

Possibly DL with Thompson entering the portal.

Where were you with all this energy in Nov ‘20 when the horse crap allegations came up. You get what you fight for.

Last edited:
LOL - Iowa is sending its running backs coach Betts to meet with next year's 4**** QB commit, who runs a 4.5 40 yard dash.

There's no better way to reassure the future of the program that he'll be coached by a capable play caller who understands QB throwing mechanics and can make him the best QB he can be...than sending a RBs coach who doesn't know the slightest thing about play calling or QB development and who was coaching high school ball two years ago.

Kirk clearly doesn't care about the future of the program and is still focused on being right. He knows he'll be long gone before Resar takes a snap.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
LOL - Iowa is sending its running backs coach Betts to meet with next year's 4**** QB commit, who runs a 4.5 40 yard dash.

There's no better way to reassure the future of the program that he'll be coached by a capable play caller who understands QB throwing mechanics and can make him the best QB he can be...than sending a RBs coach who doesn't know the slightest thing about play calling or QB development and who was coaching high school ball two years ago.

Kirk clearly doesn't care about the future of the program and is still focused on being right. He knows he'll be long gone before Resar takes a snap.
Some things never change around here ... IowasLaw posting complete garbage is probably the most rock solid bet anyone can make.

How dim witted are you? KF takes his time hiring coaches, he isn't rushing into anything, especially this very significant hire. This year they are nearly full on scholarships and won't be quite as active in the portal. The recruits aren't jumping ship like you implied. It is better to make sure they get the OC they want/need and take their time doing it rather than take your advise and jump into something just to get someone named quickly.

I know you are just trolling and probably don't actually believe half the BS you post ... Go Hawks!

Some things never change around here ... IowasLaw posting complete garbage is probably the most rock solid bet anyone can make.

How dim witted are you? KF takes his time hiring coaches, he isn't rushing into anything, especially this very significant hire. This year they are nearly full on scholarships and won't be quite as active in the portal. The recruits aren't jumping ship like you implied. It is better to make sure they get the OC they want/need and take their time doing it rather than take your advise and jump into something just to get someone named quickly.

I know you are just trolling and probably don't actually believe half the BS you post ... Go Hawks!
Is this moron serious? It is "dim witted" to wonder why Iowa hasn't named an OC when Brian was fired way back in October (hint, it's December now) and the transfer portal has already been open for a week?

Or is it "dim witted" to point out that Iowa's offense ranked last nationally and portal additions on offense are absolutely necessary in order to avoid the same fate next year?

@j0nnyhb_Prime - stick to your cubicle job in small town Iowa where you follow orders and never have to think ahead. Those of us who actually contribute to the NIL collective care about these things. Saying "Iowa is nearly full on scholarships" so there's no need to recruit is probably the dumbest thing I've read on this board all year.

Last edited:

He knee jerked putting his son as the OC and knee jerked adding QB coach duties too him as well.

What an unmitigated disaster. But I guess we shouldn’t de surprised.

Please name these targets.
Well, for starters, there are over 100 QBs currently in the portal who are better than Iowa's starter. Minnesota, Kentucky and Louisville got commits today. Who needs em? Not Iowa. We're in great shape there.

There are over 200 OL currently in the portal who would start at Iowa over the matadors who were allowing one strip sack after another this year. Iowa State already got one on campus. Who needs em?

There are 162 WRs currently in the portal who would have started ahead of Vines & Ragaini (if merit were the basis for starting). Virginia, A&M and Notre Dame got commits today. Who needs em, right?

There are over 50 TEs currently in the portal better than Iowa's 3rd and 4th stringers who play every down due to injuries. Pitt and Ole Miss just got one today. Who needs em?

There are dozens of RBs currently in the portal who ran for more yards than Williams this year. Indiana got two of them today. Who needs em?

Now tell me who is out there recruiting these offensive upgrades, if not for the QB coach and OC? 70 year old Ferentz isn't out on the road knocking on doors.

Last edited:
OP has never learned the value of patience. For TE particularly, I would expect there’s contact, but if Lachey comes back, that alleviates the need to add a transfer there - as most feel good about Ostrenga and Ortwerth.

I expect we add a receiver or two. Also possible for a qb as well, but with Cade expected to start it’ll be tougher sledding there.

Reactions: j0nnyhb_Prime
@sober_teacher - expecting there's been contact simply because it makes the most sense doesn't make it so. Neither does wishing it to happen.

If there was contact with an eligible TE, as you say, the TE prospect would let it known. There's no reason to keep it secret, especially in this NIL era where offers increases the player's market value.

How many times have there been obvious football moves where, when asked, Kirk has responded with "I haven't really thought about it." Too many to count. He was a physical education major who got into coaching. To think that he's got all these secret moves in place, like he's already hired an OC but for super secret reasons hasn't announced it, makes no sense. It's just wishful thinking.

Last edited:
@sober_teacher - expecting there's been contact simply because it makes the most sense and that's what most rational people would do doesn't make it so. Neither does wishing it to happen make it happen. If there was contact with an eligible TE, the TE prospect would let it known and we'd know about it. There's no reason to keep it secret, especially in this NIL era where offers increases the player's market value.

How many times have there been obvious football moves where, when asked, Kirk has responded with "I haven't really thought about it." Too many to count. He was a physical education major who got into coaching, not a rocket scientist. To think that he's got all these secret moves in place, like he's already hired an OC but for super secret reasons hasn't announced it, makes no sense. It's just wishful thinking.

You are also making a great many assumptions as well, that Kirk and co are just sitting on their hands and there’s been zero contact. Neither of us know for certain, but I feel more comfortable saying they’ve got feelers out there than none at all.

Well, for starters, there are over 100 QBs currently in the portal who are better than Iowa's starter. Minnesota, Kentucky and Louisville got commits today. Who needs em? Not Iowa. We're in great shape there.

There are over 200 OL currently in the portal who would start at Iowa over the matadors who were allowing one strip sack after another this year. Iowa State already got one on campus. Who needs em?

There are 162 WRs currently in the portal who would have started ahead of Vines & Ragaini (if merit were the basis for starting). Virginia, A&M and Notre Dame got commits today. Who needs em, right?

There are over 50 TEs currently in the portal better than Iowa's 3rd and 4th stringers who play every down due to injuries. Pitt and Ole Miss just got one today. Who needs em?

There are dozens of RBs currently in the portal who ran for more yards than Williams this year. Indiana got two of them today. Who needs em?

Now tell me who is out there recruiting these offensive upgrades, if not for the QB coach and OC? 70 year old Ferentz isn't out on the road knocking on doors.
Are you this stupid? Iowa is currently right around 85 scholarships ... hint, you cannot add new portal targets without freed up scholarships ... I don't care that there are 100, 20, 162 and 50 QB, OL, WR and TE portal entries respectively. You have to know which of your own guys are coming and going first. Last year they had a week more to do this and they needed to go a little heavy in the portal, this year they won't need as many players as last year, so it isn't quite as critical to get that process started. They will always take their time and be sure the fit is right.

Everyone knows the offensive was terrible last 2 years (and 1/2 the season in 2021), so yes, needed a lot of help, got it, but then injuries hit and that help (on offense) was completely gutted for the most part. It sucks but they somehow patched together something to win 10 wins (again) but guys like you won't ever look at that aspect of the program. KF has 2 of the 3 phases of the game locked in for a Big 10 title run, they can improve enough of offense under KF, he has earned that right to try it ... you disrespecting him is an indictment on you. Go Hawks!

Last edited:
Reactions: sober_teacher
You are also making a great many assumptions as well, that Kirk and co are just sitting on their hands and there’s been zero contact. Neither of us know for certain, but I feel more comfortable saying they’ve got feelers out there than none at all.
Of course he has feelers out there (you have it right sober). KF is very well connected to many college and NFL coaches, ADs, execs, etc. He wouldn't spend a ton of time on it prior to the Big 10 title game, but he would likely have had some feelers going out at the end of the season. It's funny how some random internet moron is supposedly smarter than a hall of fame caliber coach who has been a D1 head coach for 25 years LOL.

Is this moron serious? It is "dim witted" to wonder why Iowa hasn't named an OC when Brian was fired way back in October (hint, it's December now) and the transfer portal has already been open for a week?
You obviously don't have the mental capabilities to watch KF over the past 25 years and understand how he operates. Go back to when he first was hired and see how long it took him to get his staff put together and how long it took him to actually sign his own contract. He is methodical and precise. He won't rush a very important hire just to try to help land a few portal targets (especially because they won't likely have room for many).

Or is it "dim witted" to point out that Iowa's offense ranked last nationally and portal additions on offense are absolutely necessary in order to avoid the same fate next year?
I'll bet you right now Iowa's offense won't be ranked last nationally or even in the 100s next year and they won't be making more than a few additions (perhaps 2or 3 at most IMO, since lots of guys coming back and no room).
Same fate as this year if they don't? Not likely ...

@j0nnyhb_Prime - stick to your cubicle job in small town Iowa where you follow orders and never have to think ahead. Those of us who actually contribute to the NIL collective care about these things. Saying "Iowa is nearly full on scholarships" so there's no need to recruit is probably the dumbest thing I've read on this board all year.
LOL, I'm sure I give as much or more than you to NIL. You are a troll plain and simple, I'm not so sure you aren't and ISU alum to be honest, you are just here to stir the pot.

If Iowa was definitely targeting a qb in the portal then I'd agree that there is at least some concern in not having an OC named. But does anyone think it's likely that's the case?
No inside info here, but I'd be more than a little surprised if they are looking at bringing in any qb from the portal let alone an expensive high profile transfer. And as far as wr, again not getting top level guys so hard to say it matters there either.
If Kirk doesn't make an abrupt retirement announcement after the bowl game, I expect him to take plenty of time "evaluating his options" and then elevating someone from within to OC or bringing in a guy we have not heard of but with whom he has a prior connection. Ultimately, as long as KF is here the offense will have the same adynamic approach that it does now. The hope would be that a new OC can do enough to get them to the level of a bad offense as opposed to the bottom of the barrel they are currently. If they are the 85th best offense in total yards and/or scoring per game that would be a huge improvement.

lol!! As required by law, Kirk finally publicly posts the offensive coordinator job today, December 13, 2023...a full two months after Brian was fired...two weeks after the portal opened....after many seniors are in the midst of deciding whether to return to Iowa...and several weeks before the Bowl game.

The reason for waiting two months but not waiting until after the bowl game? "I haven't really thought about it." Pathetic. There is no justification for this nonsense.

lol!! As required by law, Kirk finally publicly posts the offensive coordinator job today, December 13, 2023...a full two months after Brian was fired...two weeks after the portal opened....after many seniors are in the midst of deciding whether to return to Iowa...and several weeks before the Bowl game.

The reason for waiting two months but not waiting until after the bowl game? "I haven't really thought about it." Pathetic. There is no justification for this nonsense.

So you’re complaining that the job vacancy - which EVERYONE knew was going to be vacant so it’s not like it was a secret…, and for which Kirk has been putting feelers out for, simply wasn’t OFFICIAL?

If we hadn’t already known Brian was gone, I’d see your point. As is, this makes me think Kirk has a guy in mind - curious if the posting date coincides with end of season for candidates.

Interestingly, Utah plays their game on 12/23.

So you’re complaining that the job vacancy - which EVERYONE knew was going to be vacant so it’s not like it was a secret…, and for which Kirk has been putting feelers out for, simply wasn’t OFFICIAL?

If we hadn’t already known Brian was gone, I’d see your point. As is, this makes me think Kirk has a guy in mind - curious if the posting date coincides with end of season for candidates.

Interestingly, Utah plays their game on 12/23.
They want us to rush to hire someone ....................... anyone......................quickly so we might not miss out on some random player or two, rather than be deliberate and make the best hire possible.

LOL. You don't think the seniors love and trust Kirk Ferentz?

My expectation is the OC will be named in late January or early February

Kirk doesn’t rush anything
By posting now, I’ll be shocked if it’s that long. expect we hear something official after bowl game, tho I won’t be surprised if we hear sooner, if it’s connected to someone else’s current job.

C'mon man ! You're just pissed because the HAWKS beat the clones again this year.

Per Kakert and Leistekow, Iowa has no schollies available for portal guys anyway.

By posting now, I’ll be shocked if it’s that long. expect we hear something official after bowl game, tho I won’t be surprised if we hear sooner, if it’s connected to someone else’s current job.
You guys don't get it. Posting is a legal requirement. No hire can be made for at least 14 days after the posting.

Since you worship Kirk so much and truly believe all of his actions are carefully thought out (despite him admitting he "hasn't really thought about it"), explain the logic of waiting 2 months to post the job posting?

Any other head coach posts the job immediately to have maximum flexibility. It's not like you are required to hire someone two weeks later but you want to have the option to do so if the right candidate comes along.

I do find it funny that the ad requires job applicants to have at least 10 years of play calling experience. lol If only Kirk applied the same standard to his own family.

Last edited:
You guys don't get it. Posting is a legal requirement. No hire can be made for at least 14 days after the posting.

Since you worship Kirk so much and truly believe all of his actions are carefully thought out (despite him admitting he "hasn't really thought about it"), explain the logic of waiting 2 months to post the job posting?

Any other head coach posts the job immediately to have maximum flexibility. It's not like you are required to hire someone two weeks later but you want to have the option to do so if the right candidate comes along.

I do find it funny that the ad requires job applicants to have at least 10 years of play calling experience. lol If only Kirk applied the same standard to his own family.

You’re trying to make an issue out of the posting date for some reason, when the only real difference is that it marks when he can officially announce a hire. Which is around the time when most had expected -admittedly I’d hoped they might announce the pick sooner, but not a big deal here.

As for not posting the job officially immediately, I truly don’t get the point you want to make. Everyone knew regardless the job would be coming open; no one with an ounce of sense thought for a second there’d be movement prior to b1 championship game so there was no point at that time.

And yeah, I’m sure Kirk hadn’t thought about it much during the regular season, there were bigger fish to fry at that point. So aside from phone calls and side conversations I doubt there was much movement prior to December.

• Love
Reactions: Hendy hawk
Rest assured, Kirk has "made 3 phone calls" regarding the offensive coordinator position over the past 3 months since his boss fired his son. He clarified to make sure we understood 3 phone calls did not mean he had actually interviewed anyone...just that he made 3 phone calls in 3 months discussing the position.

Hardest working man in the business, bar none!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT