ADVERTISEMENT

What danger do Transgendered children pose to the rest of us?

Even as a kid I knew I was male. I never had any question about that. Ever. If someone told me they felt they were genuinely the opposite sex of how they were born, I would have thought they were weird, but in no way would I have questioned myself.

Would you have thought twice about whatever sex you are if you had an openly TG student in your school?
It isn't about the thoughts of people who are confident in their decision. My feelings towards them don't mean shit. If someone is trying to figure out who and what they are starts going down the path of transitioning they have now altered thier life, as a minor.

CYFD (NM version of CPS) would not open a case on this because they do not deem this abuse. I have thought about the legal ramifications for my own practice. There are ethical considerations for sure. Mostly my practice is protected by existing law but there are some gray areas I'm not comfortable with for sure.
Not comfortable? Oh, well then, that lets you off the hook then, right? Nothing can be done, so you will do nothing. As long as you sleep well tonight, that is the main thing.

Reactions: praguehawk
It isn't about the thoughts of people who are confident in their decision. My feelings towards them don't mean shit. If someone is trying to figure out who and what they are starts going down the path of transitioning they have now altered thier life, as a minor.
What about puberty blockers?

Not comfortable? Oh, well then, that lets you off the hook then, right? Nothing can be done, so you will do nothing. As long as you sleep well tonight, that is the main thing.
Ha e you heard enough yet to have some answers on what dangers having minors transition possess?

Well what do you suggest? Go to the authorities that think nothing is wrong with what the aunt is doing? What can I do but document objectively what the kid tells me. I've brought it to the drs and unit directors...crickets? You wanted to know what the danger trans pose to the rest of us. Well individually they pose no threat. But because of policies and guidelines mandated by the authorities that prioritize trans "rights" and care this kid gets lost in the mix. So the real danger is being done to this kid. And nobody cares because nobody wants to tackle the trans issue for fear of being labeled a transphobe.

No. I have heard quite a bit of fear, but no danger.
Seems to me like you may be looking only at what you are trying to find then. There have been plenty of real world dangers presented in this thread. Unless of course your OP could be stated as "do I need to fear physical violence from a child".

Well what do you suggest? Go to the authorities that think nothing is wrong with what the aunt is doing? What can I do but document objectively what the kid tells me. I've brought it to the drs and unit directors...crickets? You wanted to know what the danger trans pose to the rest of us. Well individually they pose no threat. But because of policies and guidelines mandated by the authorities that prioritize trans "rights" and care this kid gets lost in the mix. So the real danger is being done to this kid. And nobody cares because nobody wants to tackle the trans issue for fear of being labeled a transphobe.
WTF? Go to the police or DHS and file a child abuse claim.

His aunt thought he was manifesting "girl type" qualities so he gets dragged before a shrink who asks him if he wants to be a girl. He says yes and here we go down the path. Now that he doesn't want to be a girl he can't stop the treatment because his legal guardian will not let him quit which by law her wishes must be met.

That's twisted law then. Kids should be able to discontinue something non essential to their health that they initiated via their own volition. (I could see a parent overriding a kids refusal to take a life saving medicine or whatnot)

Reactions: Hammer93
They present no danger to others per se. Reminds me of the old verse "I never saw a Purple Cow, I never hope to see one; but I can tell you anyhow, I'd rather see than be one."

They present no danger to others per se. Reminds me of the old verse "I never saw a Purple Cow, I never hope to see one; but I can tell you anyhow, I'd rather see than be one."
confused-no.gif

Reactions: globalhawk
What is the legal definition of abuse? The kids aunt is well within the rights granted by law to do what she is doing. Until he's 14, she calls the shots.
DHS will make that decision. The kid has more rights than you might think.

Edit: Seriously call DHS. Get this complaint in the system. I believe you can also do this anonymously. The boy doesn’t deserve this.

Why should I give a schitt if some kid wants to transgender? I'm at a loss to understand the danger?

This isn’t to protect us, it’s to protect the children.

How is that not readily apparent?

Last edited:
I get that. But I my original response was to someone who said the existence of TG students normalized transgenderism and thus, created a pathway to converting. I was disagreeing with that.

That's twisted law then. Kids should be able to discontinue something non essential to their health that they initiated via their own volition. (I could see a parent overriding a kids refusal to take a life saving medicine or whatnot)
Usually if a kid refuses medications I don't do anything but if there's an order in the record that states per the child's guardian and/or provider the kid cannot refuse medications, by law I am required to administer medications by any means necessary which include non-life saving medications.

Usually if a kid refuses medications I don't do anything but if there's an order in the record that states per the child's guardian and/or provider the kid cannot refuse medications, by law I am required to administer medications by any means necessary which include non-life saving medications.
Sucks. Legal framework needs to be updated; they jammed this in there where it doesn't belong.

Reactions: red/green hawk
I don’t know that transgenderism is a lie but I understand that for most it is difficult to understand.
I meant in the the most basic sense of changing one's sex. Can't be done. To the OP's question then, perpetuating a lie is the harm to society.

For the person genuinely struggling with gender dysphoria I'm sure it's difficult. But let medical intervention as an adult be the last option.

I meant in the the most basic sense of changing one's sex. Can't be done. To the OP's question then, perpetuating a lie is the harm to society.

For the person genuinely struggling with gender dysphoria I'm sure it's difficult. But let medical intervention as an adult be the last option.
I totally get this. However, everyone must agree, that by law, after sex reassignment surgery their sex has changed. It’s either personally accepted by individuals or not. The law still doesn’t care.

Reactions: gohawks50
What is the legal definition of abuse? The kids aunt is well within the rights granted by law to do what she is doing. Until he's 14, she calls the shots.
If what you are saying is the full truth and the child is being forced to transition it is abuse. Call child protective services and make a report. They will determine the next step and do so without sharing your name with the family. Are you in a profession where you are a mandatory reporter? If you are you must report any type of suspected abuse or you could be held liable.

18 is commonly considered the age of adulthood in America.
I think waiting until 18 is a perfectly reasonable idea for most surgical transitioning procedures. I do think the option of puberty blockers should be available for individuals under the age of 18 with parental permission. The blockers are reversable and eliminate the need for some surgeries later.

Last edited:
If what you are saying is the full truth and the child is being forced to transition it is abuse. Call child protective services and make a report. They will determine the next step and do so without sharing your name with the family. Are you in a profession where you are a mandatory reporter? If you are you must report any type of suspected abuse or you could be held liable.
I know he operates a homeschool and does some teaching. Public/Private school teachers would be in a bit of trouble for lack of filing a report.

Reactions: gohawks50
I get that. But I my original response was to someone who said the existence of TG students normalized transgenderism and thus, created a pathway to converting. I was disagreeing with that.
It is happening, how much it is is definitely up for debate though. I believe it as Abigail Shier who presented the data on the ratio of female to male transitions vs male to female in young adults. Heavily weighted to female to male transitions and, not shockingly, in small social circles of girls.

She goes into it pretty well on Rogan's podcast. I'll link it, even though nobody will take the time to listen to it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT