ADVERTISEMENT

What danger do Transgendered children pose to the rest of us?

It is happening, how much it is is definitely up for debate though. I believe it as Abigail Shier who presented the data on the ratio of female to male transitions vs male to female in young adults. Heavily weighted to female to male transitions and, not shockingly, in small social circles of girls.

She goes into it pretty well on Rogan's podcast. I'll link it, even though nobody will take the time to listen to it.

Centuries of heterosexuality being the only normal option didn't stop people from being gay or transgender, it only made them stay in the closet. Transgender is not suddenly so "cool" that kids are going to want to change their idenity just so they can be a part of the group.

Aunt is legal guardian. Appointed by the court because mom is doing 20.
No, Guardian ad Litem is something different. It's a third-party, not the aunt, who files reports with the court to inform the judge and weigh in with his/her own perspective on the child's best interests.

No, Guardian ad Litem is something different. It's a third-party, not the aunt, who files reports with the court to inform the judge and weigh in with his/her own perspective on the child's best interests.
Why are you following me

Guardian ad Litems do not get appointed unless the court deems it for whatever reason. This kid is in legal custody of his aunt. The kid doesn't have one.

Centuries of heterosexuality being the only normal option didn't stop people from being gay or transgender, it only made them stay in the closet. Transgender is not suddenly so "cool" that kids are going to want to change their idenity just so they can be a part of the group.
If you don't think its happening, even on a small scale, with impressionable middle school girls, then I don't know what to tell you. Even a critical review of her work by a licensed psychologist indicates there may be some validity to the issue, and has experienced anecdotal instances themselves, and suggests more data is needed.

"At the same time, evidence also suggests that borderline personality disorder often either occurs with or is misdiagnosed as other high-profile mental illnesses such as multiple personality disorder (dissociative identity disorder) or bipolar disorder. Thus, it is also possible that some (though certainly not all or the majority of) individuals who identify as trans may have wider issues of identity confusion."
"All that having been said, I’m not willing to dismiss her thesis entirely. The truth is, we don’t really seem to have good data on whether there really is or is not an increased proportion of girls identifying as trans. Anecdotally, even in my own social circle, I’m hearing a bit more about this, but anecdotes aren’t evidence, and we need more solid data.
There is evidence that, in addition to borderline personality disorder, gender dysphoria is also more common among autism spectrum adolescent girls. In this sense, the affirmative approach, wherein a youth’s professed gender identity is accepted as a move toward medical transition without any further diagnostic evaluation, has obvious risks. This appears to be the reasoning behind a recent UK court decision skeptical of this approach for medical transition."
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/checkpoints/202101/review-irreversible-damage-abigail-shrier

Transgender is not suddenly so "cool" that kids are going to want to change their idenity just so they can be a part of the group.

Wrong. Well, I don't know that 'cool' would be my descriptor there, but, it is a way to A) gain acceptance and B) attempt to fix a problem they had. (but what exactly is the problem?)

That's absolutely the problem where healthcare is concerned when you apply simple trans affirming standards of care.

Identifying those that are longterm "born this way" trans vs those experimenting with it is pretty key where appropriate healthcare is concerned, and people like you don't seem to appreciate that.

That's where I think conservatives have a point and too many liberals are in the dark. (or are afraid to say so lest they be labeled transphobic)

Reactions: globalhawk
Why should I give a schitt if some kid wants to transgender? I'm at a loss to understand the danger?
They will make the snowflakes feel "uncomfortable". The snowflakes in the Florida legislature have already passed laws against making them or their children feel "uncomfortable". Such a contrast to the GQP's "F*ck your feelings" line of t-shirts and bumper stickers.

It makes straight, white, conservative men feel icky. It also means they won't want to date and marry them as 13 year olds.

We can't have that.
Would you want someone you love deciding to turn their Johnson outside in to make a mangina? Chop off their tits?

These are insane ideas but yet people pretend like they are not, I guess because they want some kind of social acceptance? It’s so strange.

Because we as a society have an obligation to make sure people, especially children, are safe.

Guardian ad Litems do not get appointed unless the court deems it for whatever reason. This kid is in legal custody of his aunt. The kid doesn't have one.
This varies by state and by county. Some courts require GALs to stay actively involved during the guardianship, while some only require involvement at the initial appointment of the Guardian. If you say there's no GAL actively involved, I trust you've looked into it. But if there is, that would be the person to report this to.

This varies by state and by county. Some courts require GALs to stay actively involved during the guardianship, while some only require involvement at the initial appointment of the Guardian. If you say there's no GAL actively involved, I trust you've looked into it. But if there is, that would be the person to report this to.
The problem with reporting this is that there is literally nobody who believes what the aunt is doing is wrong. I've taken issue with the provider. I've taken issue with the medical director. Both have told me the aunt is guardian. and because the kid has professed his desire to be a girl in the past being in an acute psychiatric facility and stating otherwise can be construed as a manifestation of mental illness. Hence we will continue with current treatment. CYFD (DHS) complaints are filed against parents of kids who don't support their trans choices, sure as hell not the other way around. Kids are forced to take psych meds all the time against their will. It's a slippery slope.

Why should I give a schitt if some kid wants to transgender? I'm at a loss to understand the danger?
I must lead a sheltered life.

I don’t think I have ever met a transgender person. I know of a few indirectly, but never to my knowledge have I met one. So it makes me wonder how significant a societal problem teen age transgender surgery is.

Would you want someone you love deciding to turn their Johnson outside in to make a mangina? Chop off their tits?

These are insane ideas but yet people pretend like they are not, I guess because they want some kind of social acceptance? It’s so strange.
Why would I care if an adult wants to change their sex? Apparently your love for others is based on your beliefs.

Why would I care if an adult wants to change their sex? Apparently your love for others is based on your beliefs.
At some point (18 years old) people make their own choices. But if it were my friend, or my brother, or my father, I wouldn't act like it's no big deal. And neither would you.

Reactions: red/green hawk
If you don't think its happening, even on a small scale, with impressionable middle school girls, then I don't know what to tell you. Even a critical review of her work by a licensed psychologist indicates there may be some validity to the issue, and has experienced anecdotal instances themselves, and suggests more data is needed.

"At the same time, evidence also suggests that borderline personality disorder often either occurs with or is misdiagnosed as other high-profile mental illnesses such as multiple personality disorder (dissociative identity disorder) or bipolar disorder. Thus, it is also possible that some (though certainly not all or the majority of) individuals who identify as trans may have wider issues of identity confusion."
"All that having been said, I’m not willing to dismiss her thesis entirely. The truth is, we don’t really seem to have good data on whether there really is or is not an increased proportion of girls identifying as trans. Anecdotally, even in my own social circle, I’m hearing a bit more about this, but anecdotes aren’t evidence, and we need more solid data.
There is evidence that, in addition to borderline personality disorder, gender dysphoria is also more common among autism spectrum adolescent girls. In this sense, the affirmative approach, wherein a youth’s professed gender identity is accepted as a move toward medical transition without any further diagnostic evaluation, has obvious risks. This appears to be the reasoning behind a recent UK court decision skeptical of this approach for medical transition."
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/checkpoints/202101/review-irreversible-damage-abigail-shrier
Wrong. Well, I don't know that 'cool' would be my descriptor there, but, it is a way to A) gain acceptance and B) attempt to fix a problem they had. (but what exactly is the problem?)

That's absolutely the problem where healthcare is concerned when you apply simple trans affirming standards of care.

Identifying those that are longterm "born this way" trans vs those experimenting with it is pretty key where appropriate healthcare is concerned, and people like you don't seem to appreciate that.

That's where I think conservatives have a point and too many liberals are in the dark. (or are afraid to say so lest they be labeled transphobic)
There are many gay and transgender people who attempt to live heterosexual lives in order to be normal. I am not saying that there are not kids who are unhappy with their lives that may think that being transgender will solve their problems. That's why individuals who claim to be transgender need to be evaluated by medical professions to see if they really have gender dysphoria. This evaluation may be helpful to them even if they are not truly transgender.

Reactions: cigaretteman
At some point (18 years old) people make their own choices. But if it were my friend, or my brother, or my father, I wouldn't act like it's no big deal. And neither would you.
Your correct. If I had a relative considering this it would be a big deal. But that doesn’t make it a big issue for society overall.

If that’s what they truly wanted I would never make a big deal out of it. We are very different. Are you an old person that refuses to accept change?
I'm in my mid forties. If my brother came to me and said that he wants a mangina, I would tell him that he is not thinking clearly and he needs to get some help.

If you have an anorexic family member that says they want to go on a juice fast, would you go along with that as well?

Your correct. If I had a relative considering this it would be a big deal. But that doesn’t make it a big issue for society overall.
What makes it a big deal is that this ideology is being affirmed in schools under the guise of tolerance and acceptance. But it carries with it a lifetime of consequences that people trusted with protecting these kids are ignoring.

I'm in my mid forties. If my brother came to me and said that he wants a mangina, I would tell him that he is not thinking clearly and he needs to get some help.

If you have an anorexic family member that says they want to go on a juice fast, would you go along with that as well?
How are these related? Maybe you have some issues to work through. If your brother came out gay would you feel the same way?

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT